Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do you remove tracking or identification codes from photos?

VainHireling

VainHireling

VolkSWAGen
-
I heard (probably incorrectly) that every photo has some markers on them that would allow (((authorities))) to track you,
if you posted the same pic somewhere else and commited the wrong-think.

The question is in the title.

I’m pretty sure you can’t, so that’s why some people blurr their face out in pictures when posting online or just not post at all

I heard (probably incorrectly) that every photo has some markers on them that would allow (((authorities))) to track you,

I think you are thinking of reverse image search
Common things to do about it are:
Low effort:
Mirroring the pic
Mid effort:
Drawing sum on a pic I guess
High effort:
Replace few but enough pixles with other similar but still different enough looking pixels so that a bot cant find a pic similar enough to the original one as too many pixels have changed

Maybe you are also thinking about geolocation data which almost all phones/cameras automatically include (its basicall the voordinates where the pic was taken)
But you can delete these coordinates in the properties section

But Ive never heard of markers lol

This is metadata....remover.

You can't. You have to blur a part of the photo. That will confuse the (((government AI))).

I’m pretty sure you can’t, so that’s why some people blurr their face out in pictures when posting online or just not post at all
:yes:

Low effort:
Mirroring the pic
Mid effort:
High effort:
Replace few but enough pixles with other similar but still different enough looking pixels so that a bot cant find a pic similar enough to the original one as too many pixels have changed

Maybe you are also thinking about geolocation data which almost all phones/cameras automatically include (its basicall the voordinates where the pic was taken)
High IQ reply:yes::feelsLSD:

Low effort:
Mirroring the pic
Mid effort:
High effort:

I like to edit them... A quick crop makes them smaller and removes original metadata

Also remove "location" permission from cam app. Leave that shit off all the time!

you can turn of that function in the settings. it just pings the coordinates when you take pictures if you're connected to the internet when you take them.