Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I didn’t realize my mic was on during a zoom call

• Thread starter Deleted member 11159
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11159

Self-banned
-
Oh God, oh fuck I knew this would happen someday.
I had a college class and usually my mic is set to automatically be turned off from the start but today I had to use my dad’s computer and didn’t realise that it was turned on.
it was like that for 10 minutes and for a normal person this wouldn’t be a problem but I absolutely cannot sit through a boring lecture without at least making some kind of weird noise.

I always have to say stupid shit to myself or make noises or whatever to keep myself sane.
There’s no way I didn’t at least once say something like “kill all Jews” or “niggerfaggot” or autistic shit like that. There’s just no way I wouldn’t have said that for a whole 10 mins of watching a boring lecture on my screen. Sadly I can’t remember what I said though.

I was hoping to ascend in college but it looks like my life is basically over.
Is this an incel trait? Does anyone else do this? Is it a coping mechanism or something?
Fuckkkk:cryfeels::cryfeels::reeeeee:

:feelskek:
Do not be surprised to be kicked out or arrested if you live in a cucked land jfl
Doubt I would. It wasn’t recorded or anything. I might have basically committed social suicide though. I just can’t remember what I said though and it’s killing me.

NEVER GIVE ANY PROGRAM DIRECT ACCESS TO YOUR MIC OR CAMERA
USE SOMETHING LIKE SPLITCAM
I have to turn my mic on sometimes if i’m asked a question.
You were already socially murdered by your looks.
nah

Doubt I would. It wasn’t recorded or anything. I might have basically committed social suicide though. I just can’t remember what I said though and it’s killing me.
If you have a friend, ask them if anything was audible.
If you get accused, claim you had a youtube video open on phone.
It is possible nobody found out that the words were from your side, even if they did.

Also don't use the zoom app. Only use the browser version.

If you have a friend, ask them if anything was audible.
If you get accused, claim you had a youtube video open on phone.
It is possible nobody found out that the words were from your side, even if they did.
Sadly no friends there since I only really had a chance to talk to them online. And i’m sure it would’ve been clear it was my voice.
Whenever I say stupid shit to myself I often whisper so hopefully they weren’t able to understand. It’s a good computer with a good mic tho so the chances of that are low.
You can turn the mic on and off in splitcam. It works well.
Why would I need it at all though? I don’t have anything to hide really. I put masking tape on the webcam though because I don’t the FBI agent looking at my dick.

Last edited:
I don't use a mic so that's not a trait to me. Sorry that happened to you. The things I say in the privacy of my room, I can't imagine if someone randomly heard me saying it.

Sadly no friends there since I only really had a chance to talk to them online. And i’m sure it would’ve been clear it was my voice.
Whenever I say stupid shit to myself I often whisper so hopefully they weren’t able to understand.
Say you were on a call on discord with a friend, recording a vocaroo for a joke, etc.
Find a plausible excuse.
It’s a good computer with a good mic tho so the chances of that are low.
sad.
Why would I need it at all though? I don’t have anything to hide really. I put masking tape on the webcam though.
So here's how I use it -
If any browser / app needs a camera, it gets the splicam driver.
If I need the browser/app to access the actual camera/mic, I stream the camera/mic through splitcam.
When I close the app/browser I remove the camera from splicam, and I am 100% certain that nothing is accessing webcam.
The camera can also be cropped/resized to not show the entire FOV, and both the mic and camera access can be turned off mid zoom call. (Not possible in zoom)
It gives much more control. Seriously download it.

I use this method tbh

We had lectures on moodle. And I discovered a bug on this platform but it was too late. Apparently if you disconnected, it automatically reconnects but it unmutes you when it does that. Ffs pretty sure I talked shit about my professors and colleagues with my parents when that happened. Either that or I tend to mute/unmute the tab, so I'm pretty sure that I might've unmuted the mic instead of the tab once.

Be proud for being based as fuck
full

Over for zoomcels :feelshaha: :feelshaha: :feelshaha:
Tbh this is one of my biggest fears. That's why I always double check before joining a call

I'm fucking sorry OP, but this is also some comedy gold.
There’s no way I didn’t at least once say something like “kill all Jews” or “niggerfaggot” or autistic shit like that. There’s just no way I wouldn’t have said that for a whole 10 mins of watching a boring lecture on my screen.
:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

Can you not just use zoom on browser?
wtf, is this Mandela effect or something :feelswhere: I swear to God, Zoom didn't have an online client just a few months ago, I know because I use MS Teams through my browser and I was looking for the same option for Zoom
thanks for the tip, I guess, I can just uninstall this shite now

Just physically disconnect you mic theory or disable in sound control panel if it's a laptop :feelstastyman::feelshaha:

wtf, is this Mandela effect or something :feelswhere: I swear to God, Zoom didn't have an online client just a few months ago, I know because I use MS Teams through my browser and I was looking for the same option for Zoom
thanks for the tip, I guess, I can just uninstall this shite now
Also I was talking more about preventing accidental mic/video sharing than actual security concerns.
If I was on ubuntu, I'd probably use something like :
instead of giving zoom (or any other app) direct access to mic/camera.

I always have to say stupid shit to myself or make noises or whatever to keep myself sane.
There’s no way I didn’t at least once say something like “kill all Jews” or “niggerfaggot” or autistic shit like that. There’s just no way I wouldn’t have said that for a whole 10 mins of watching a boring lecture on my screen. Sadly I can’t remember what I said though.
:feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat: :dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels::dafuckfeels: :feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:

We had lectures on moodle. And I discovered a bug on this platform but it was too late. Apparently if you disconnected, it automatically reconnects but it unmutes you when it does that. Ffs pretty sure I talked shit about my professors and colleagues with my parents when that happened. Either that or I tend to mute/unmute the tab, so I'm pretty sure that I might've unmuted the mic instead of the tab once.
Tbh this is one of my biggest fears. That's why I always double check before joining a call
download https://splitcam.com/

If it comes up, say you have an autistic pal who hangs around

Stop caring about what other people think.

I use this method tbh
Fuck zoom. You are heroes for telling people how to protect themselves from that bullshit.

Me too, sometimes I get paranoid that the teacher can hear me even though I'm muted.

LMFAOO I'm dead brocel

I take extra care with microphones when I am in a class, one of my classmate did something similar to what you've done, since then I am extra cautious.

You are screwed

say you have Tourette's, which isn't far from the truth.

If they haven't told you anything yet they didn't notice or didn't care. If the lecture kept going on the teacher probably didn't hear you and since it's not recorded they can't prove it's you kek

I don’t even need to read what you posted to say it’s over

i dont have a mic but god dam i hear these kinds of stories too often. coworker of mine got in some kind of trouble or disciplinary action last month. we were in a big meeting and she left her mic on while getting fucked by her boyfriend during work hours. all you could hear was thrusts & grunts. cheek slapping. couldn't even hear the speaker and boomers dont know how to mute anyone

closest thing a guy has done similar to that is fall asleep with his mic on and we all hear him snoring away.
im so happy to not have a mic or camera

Over although people won't care after a couple weeks.

I expected you called your classmates utter subhumans or something.

Imagine all the nigger faggots and Jews you offended, it’s over.

At least you didn't watch a dogpil documentary.

:feelskek: . Over