Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I have not talked to my dad for a week because he said no female will like me.

ilieknothing

ilieknothing

كاريسل
★★★★★
I work in insurance so he asked me to use my employees discount to get him good insurance on some property he has. I said I would do it but he then said that I'm a loser with no friends and I will never get married. So I have given him the silent treatment for a week, not a single word. My mum said that he is extremely upset that I have not said anything at all.

However he did say the truth so I'm not sure if I should talk to him again?

What a fucking piece of shit, its clear he doesn't value you as a son. He deserves the treatment, no sympathy for him.

Don’t. I’ve been ignoring my sister for 5+ months now.

Don't be a cuck.

I think you should. It's fucked up but if your parents actually raised you and weren't crackheads, when they get old and die, you will regret all the dumb tantrums and shit you pulled.

If you agree that he said the truth, then why punish a man for speaking it?

Also, what was the context? Did you piss him off somehow, or was he giving you tough love fatherly advice?

I wouldn't give him the discount but would reconsider keeping in contact. sounds like he was really attempting to fuck with you mentally by insulting you like that right after you accepted to do a favour for him, very fucked up behaviour.

blickpall said:
I think you should. It's fucked up but if your parents actually raised you and weren't crackheads, when they get old and die, you will regret all the dumb tantrums and shit you pulled.
If you agree that he said the truth, then why punish a man for speaking it?
Also, what was the context? Did you piss him off somehow, or was he giving you tough love fatherly advice?
Context was that I agreed to get him his cheap insurance, he was going to give me some paper he thought that is needed for the paperwork. I said it isn't needed and then he just snapped.

retarded_dumbshit said:
I wouldn't give him the discount but would reconsider keeping in contact. sounds like he was really attempting to fuck with you mentally by insulting you like that right after you accepted to do a favour for him, very fucked up behaviour.
yeah, I'll probably talk to him eventually but hearing that from your parents sucks

ilieknothing said:
Context was that I agreed to get him his cheap insurance, he was going to give me some paper he thought that is needed for the paperwork. I said it isn't needed and then he just snapped
Did he think you were being snarky? My mom always flipped out because she perceived that I used a "tone" or that I was sighing or something.

blickpall said:
ilieknothing said:
Context was that I agreed to get him his cheap insurance, he was going to give me some paper he thought that is needed for the paperwork. I said it isn't needed and then he just snapped
Did he think you were being snarky? My mom always flipped out because she perceived that I used a "tone" or that I was sighing or something.
I don't think so. I at least didn't intend to.

I'm always one to forgive, but I never forget.

In this case I'd just drop it and try to get along normally. But the moment he asks for any favours in the future id kindly remind him that the last time you did him one it caused an argument and a rift in your relationship and you just value him too much to risk it again. He better look elsewhere for this because you love and value him so much. If this causes him to get snarky then just tell him that this is exactly what you were worried was going to happen.

I only do favours for grateful people.

Very brutal but otoh I always blamed my parents for being dishonest about my looks and how important it is in life so idk what's ultimately worse.

I had a complicated love/hate relationship with my father and then he suddenly died. 
Make peace with your old man as long as he lives, tomorrow he could be dead. The living are few but the dead are many.

I’m sorry but your dad honestly sounds like an asshole

Did you expect that he lied to you?

Sometimes people are blunt and they hurt you without meaning to. I mean if what he said was true, what's the problem?

Red Shambhala said:
I had a complicated love/hate relationship with my father and then he suddenly died.
Make peace with your old man as long as he lives, tomorrow he could be dead. The living are few but the dead are many.

This so much.

So if you got upset you do not believe you are a loser with no friends.
You do not believe deep down you are not liked by girls.

Get the fuck out of here you dumb cunt.
You deep down think you are a normie.
If my father said that it would be the same as to say the water is wet

He might be right, though it is rude of him.

ilieknothing said:
I work in insurance so he asked me to use my employees discount to get him good insurance on some property he has. I said I would do it but he then said that I'm a loser with no friends and I will never get married. So I have given him the silent treatment for a week, not a single word. My mum said that he is extremely upset that I have not said anything at all.

ur doing the right thing, even tho hes ur father he talked down to u + hes trying to get cheaper insurance from u. Dont risk your job for that.

It's almost too easy for me to drop contact with someone, even family. If I don't like you and don't have to see you, you're as good as dead to me. Dad and his family, stepmom, dead to me. As soon as I get my own apartment, it'll be like my "sister" never existed, too.

Lol why hate someone for telling the truth?

GeneticDysfunction said:
Lol why hate someone for telling the truth?

truth or not, it sounds like OP's dad said what he did with the intent of hurting him.

your dad is a cunt. If I was in your situation I would never forgive him.

ilieknothing said:

Literally every male to whom I am related acts like this, it is a pity that the general population is racist against curries for their aesthetic subhumanity and not their antisocial proclivities.

I encourage the Occidentalization of the subcontinent in order to hasten our demise. I am grateful that I will never have the chance to propagate my defective genes.

I don't think I like my parents very much anymore.