Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I want to eat healthy and lose some weight

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
My problem is that i can't really cook. I can do things like rice, noodles, potatos with some prepackaged sauce and meat/fish otherwise i only eat some easy to make junk food. Any tips or suggestions where i can learn about all that shit? I'm kind of overwhelmed and confused because everywhere (internet, books, etc) they say something else.

edit: if someone is interested im 27 weight 208lbs height 5"8

I would try to break down what kind of healthy foods you want to eat!

a crock pot is great cooking tool to make large batches of healthy foods (Soups, roasts, casseroles)

Also counting your calories via an app seems to benefit a lot of people.

Harvey_Weinstein_Hero said:

a crock pot is great cooking tool to make large batches of healthy foods (Soups, roasts, casseroles)

interesting never heard of these crock pots i will look into it thanks

Pressure Cooker 80$, I have one, and it's great.

711q7oNIjCL._SL1500_.jpg

A pressure cooker is even better.

You can cook anything in here.

And just put time on, and forget about it, it will cook it, turn it self off, and keep it warm(since it's sealed.

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
Pressure Cooker

711q7oNIjCL._SL1500_.jpg

A pressure cooker is even better.

You can cook anything in here.

And just put time on, and forget about it, it will cook it, turn it self off, and keep it warm(since it's sealed.

ya then you can turn it into a bomb afterwords and go ER

ya then you can turn it into a bomb afterwords and go ER

lol had a good chuckle just put some nails in it xD

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMj8TpSVzf0[/video]

This guy seems pretty legit, I might try his advice after I break my water fast with a week of grapes.

I would always eat high volume vegetables.(Whole foods and non processed food in general)They usually prevent eating to much of it. Cooking is fairly easy and requires patience and practice.Choose a recipe and to replicate every step.You'll just get better by doing it.

[quote="Sparrow']
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMj8TpSVzf0[/video]

This guy seems pretty legit, I might try his advice after I break my water fast with a week of grapes.
[/quote]

LOL

eat plant based whole food diet. low salt and sugar. lose weight. easy

@Tempus Edax Rerum, as Vegan King of this board... What's you're take on bread, dairy, and cooked food?

[quote="Sparrow']
@Tempus Edax Rerum, as Vegan King of this board... What's you're take on bread, dairy, and cooked food?
[/quote]

cooked food is fine, just soften and brown your vegetables them, don't disintegrate them when cooking.
(just using the lowest amount of oil when cooking, or none is even better or ideal), the 3% of vegans that get heart attacks, get it from using cooking oil.
you want to eat raw vegetables to have a healthy gut microbiome, but cooked food is fine. the people that go completely raw, are retarded, they are following a fad lol.

71PK0r9DLfL._SL1024_.jpg

I personally still eat black rye bread, in the future, I might transition into no bread.

diary is just bad overall.
cancer/heart attack fuel.

-------

Just overall you want whole food plant-based diet. As little processed food as possible. As little added sugar/salt/oil anywhere.

Veganism isn't a religion, you follow the evidence, not superstitions or cultural vegan beliefs lol.

I'm about 200 lbs as well, down 40 lbs from the summer. The trick is portion control. Start off by eating what you usually do and simply eat half of it. Save the other half for another meal. Eventually you'll get used to it and you can continue cutting down portions and move on to eating healthier foods.

I usually eat oatmeal at around 8am and a light ham sandwich, eggs, or peanut butter, by 4-5pm.

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
[quote="Sparrow']
cooked food is fine(just using the lowest amount of oil when cooking, or none is even better or ideal), the 3% of vegans that get heart attacks, get it from using cooking oil.
you want to eat raw vegetables to have a healthy gut microbiome, but cooked food is fine. the people that go completely raw, are retarded, they are following a fad lol.
71PK0r9DLfL._SL1024_.jpg

I personally still eat black rye bread, in the future, I might transition into no bread.
-------
Just overall you want whole food plant based diet. As little processed food as possible. As little added sugar/salt/oil anywhere.[/quote]

Rye bread, naan, and pita are the only breads I eat. Gotta stop cooking with butter. I still feel the crave when I see doner kebabs and grilled chicken.

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
cooked food is fine, just soften and brown your vegetables them, don't disintegrate them when cooking.
(just using the lowest amount of oil when cooking, or none is even better or ideal), the 3% of vegans that get heart attacks, get it from using cooking oil.

71PK0r9DLfL._SL1024_.jpg

-------

Just overall you want whole food plant-based diet. As little processed food as possible. As little added sugar/salt/oil anywhere.

Veganism isn't a religion, you follow the evidence, not superstitions or cultural vegan beliefs lol.

My problem is i don't know shit about vegetables. Don't even know how to prepare them and would forget to peel them off or something like that lol.

@CopingGymcel

For me personally, I suck at cooking too, I only know a few dishes and don't feel like making more. So instead, I make healthy sandwiches that contain essential foods and are low calorie but filling. For example, thin-sliced wholegrain bread, swiss cheese, turkey, lettuce, and almond butter. Each sandwich is like 100-150 calories or so, after two I'm full for at least 5 hours.

go keto
lean meats = high protein, barely any calories
count calories, dont go over 1500ish
prioritize protein.
weight will fall off

Panda said:
go keto
prioritize protein.
weight will fall off

God how can you people count calories for everything you eat i would go crazy xD

grayjedi90 said:
God how can you people count calories for everything you eat i would go crazy xD

When you want results bad enough. There is a Russian expression which roughly translates to "If you want it bad enough enough it doesn't matter how much it sucks doing it."

Panda said:
go keto
prioritize protein.
weight will fall off

Umm...

I need to clarify the whole "low calories thing"

It's not so much about low calories, but more about the mineral/micronutrient density per 1 calorie. Plant-based whole food has a really high micronutrient ratio for every 1 calorie(thats what you want, you want high nutrient density for every 1 calorie that you eat).
High protein diets increase inflammation and rates of cancer.

What you want to focus is HIGH NUTRIENT DENSE foods, not low calories or "high protein".

Tempus Edax Rerum said:
Umm...

I need to clarify the whole "low calories thing"

It's not so much about low calories, but more about the mineral/micronutrient density per 1 calorie. Plant-based whole food has a really high micronutrient ratio for every 1 calorie(thats what you want, you want high nutrient density for every 1 calorie that you eat).
High protein diets increase inflammation and rates of cancer.

What you want to focus is HIGH NUTRIENT DENSE foods, not low calories or "high protein".

See that shit pisses me off everyone says something different

grayjedi90 said:
See that shit pisses me off everyone says something different

That's because they are talking about something different.

You can eat oreos and cream puffs, but if you only eat 1000 calories a day, you will lose weight. That's simple mathematics. It's going to wreck your body, sure, and you will lose muscle and gain fat ratio most likely, but you will lose weight.

What Tempus Edax Rerum is talking about is calorie quality, i.e. how "good" your diet is on top of your caloric deficit. It's always better to eat "healthy" foods than non-healthy, but if your only goal is weightloss then counting calories is sufficient.

blickpall said:
@CopingGymcel

For me personally, I suck at cooking too, I only know a few dishes and don't feel like making more. So instead, I make healthy sandwiches that contain essential foods and are low calorie but filling. For example, thin-sliced wholegrain bread, swiss cheese, turkey, lettuce, and almond butter. Each sandwich is like 100-150 calories or so, after two I'm full for at least 5 hours.

I've actually started to cook. I made cauliflower chicken pizza yesterday and it turned out surprisingly good. It actually tasted pretty decent.

Tempus Edax Rerum said:

71PK0r9DLfL._SL1024_.jpg

-------

Wow I didn't know that here are other vegans as well :D nice. Yup everything you said is true.

I just barely eat at all. Don't have the time or money for it.

you don't need any skills to cook a healthy meal

I give you some recipe

300-500 grams chicken:
buy the one which is already cut so you don't have to cut it buy yourself

put oil in a pan
heat pan until oil makes noise ( high temperatur)
put meat in pan and make sure every piece of it touches the pan
wait 1 min
turn every piece of chicken around
wait 1 min
go from high temp to medium temp
wait 5-10 more minutes
your chicken is ready to eat, you can add salt or pepper or whatever you want but you don't have to

rice is also very easy
buy the one which is seperated in plastic bags(one plastic bag should be around 100-150 gram)
take a small pot and fill it with water 2/3
heat water until it's boiling
put rice in
wait 8-12 min (it's shown on the packaging how long exactly)
pull plastic bag out of the pot
rice is done

vegetable
buy whatever vegetable you like
my favorites are:
carrots, pepper, raddisch,cucumber, tomatoes
just cut everything away you are not supposed to eat and pour water over it before you eat it
you have to peel carrots

any questions? feel free to ask via pn
this meal cost's less than 5 bucks usually

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back