Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I wish I had my own little autistic thing that I could dedicate hours and hours every day to. Calming me down and being my passion, my interest.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I think if every one of us had such a thing, very few would still be upset about being an incel.

I'm definitely somewhere on the spectrum, maybe not autistic but if it's autism then it's the wrong kind of autism. None of that good shit like being obsessed and passionate about something and doing it for thousands of hours.

It's literally one of my biggest wishes to have something like this. Something I could just devote myself to, something that would be so interesting to me I'd just want to pour every waking hour into it.

Unfortunately I think I may have ADD too, and I'm also very lazy and the more than a decade of depression didn't do me any favors in this department. Now using even mental energy on pretty much anything is a big pain in the ass. So I guess I'll never find that one thing that would interest me so deeply. Some activity that would be both interesting and mentally soothing because you just keep doing it for hours and hours and years and years, and it's your "home", your haven, your sanctuary. Your passion and interest and obsession.

Start writing sitcom screenplay boyo

Tbh at this point I'm sick of sitcoms. Don't know if I'll stop watching them yet, cause I find myself just closing and opening tabs of the same 3 sites over and over, not actually looking at or doing anything, just browsing empty shit I forget in 2 minutes. So in-between that even sitcoms that I've seen 50 times seem like a breath of fresh air. And it doesn't take any mental energy, just like browsing but even more relaxing and giving out some dopamine. Nevertheless, I'm sick of them more or less, and I really don't find writing any fun or interesting. I've tried my hand at it and it's just not my thing.

I think if every one of us had such a thing, very few would still be upset about being an incel.

I'm definitely somewhere on the spectrum, maybe not autistic but if it's autism then it's the wrong kind of autism. None of that good shit like being obsessed and passionate about something and doing it for thousands of hours.

It's literally one of my biggest wishes to have something like this. Something I could just devote myself to, something that would be so interesting to me I'd just want to pour every waking hour into it.

Unfortunately I think I may have ADD too, and I'm also very lazy and the more than a decade of depression didn't do me any favors in this department. Now using even mental energy on pretty much anything is a big pain in the ass. So I guess I'll never find that one thing that would interest me so deeply. Some activity that would be both interesting and mentally soothing because you just keep doing it for hours and hours and years and years, and it's your "home", your haven, your sanctuary. Your passion and interest and obsession.
I also suffer from that problem to a certain degree, I was once one of the guys with obsessions but with time they gradually faded. My attention span is also extremely shitty. I still know something about my old obsessions, but I am far too lazy/stupid to really get back into them anymore.

Yeah I feel you

I do nothing but ldar at this point, I just see no point in anything

Yeah I feel you

I do nothing but ldar at this point, I just see no point in anything
It's hard to explain this hollowness to people. It's been years and it's not getting better.

Try chess, it trains your mind and winning gives u great confidence

It's hard to explain this hollowness to people. It's been years and it's not getting better.
ikr

Your threads hit too close to home bud. Which is worrying, if you have been this way for so long I can't see myself getting better either.

Try woodworking, also do you watch friends and two and a half men?

Try woodworking, also do you watch friends and two and a half men?
They're not really part of my main ones, the ones I've rewatched tens of times. Though I have rewatched Friends about ~6 times in total, idk. It's very cucked and annoying but when you watch so many sitcoms, even the turd ones can be comfy and a breath of fresh air. 2 and a half men I've rewatched like 3 times in total I think over the years, it's very funny at times but tbh I can't stand how cucked and whipped and dominated Alan is by that ex-wife of his, it literally filled me with rage even years ago. Downright infuriating, even when I was much younger I still couldn't stand that shit. So it's hard to rewatch.

I think if every one of us had such a thing, very few would still be upset about being an incel
I guess that's how I can cope so efficiently

brutal. i recommed u buy a yoyo or rubix cube

Now that's out of the box thinking, do you like those things?
i used to use a yoyo and rubix cube to cope. but rubix cube i threw out because i could never solve it. and yoyo break fast but while they last is decent cope.

^ this

As sad as it sounds, for some people just browsing the net is their passion of life. You could say I have quite some hobbies but I didnt draw, lift weights, read a book or went outside in the last 2 months and before that I was "productive" maybe once a month for whole 2020...

Same, all I do is play vidya

write shitty python code
I did try to pick up python several times throughout the years, but I always stopped in the initial phases cause I never had proper motivation. Not just motivation, but I never really knew what the fuck I was even learning it for. What would I even do with it? I tried to imagine: what if I spent 1000 hours and got really good at this, then what? Nothing, nothing at all, I didn't want to build anything in particular, had no ideas, and I can't imagine doing anything useful with it. So I didn't bother. It's a very good suggestion tbh, but my brain is too much of a turd to do anything of use with it and to see the point.
Same, all I do is play vidya
I'm a bit jelly even of that, I just can't find the interest to play too much vidya, despite literally spending hours every day searching for games to play, only to uninstall and lose interest in mere minutes. Every now and then I do play a bit more, but the burst of motivation only last a day or two.

Last edited:
I did try to pick up python several times throughout the years, but I always stopped in the initial phases cause I never had proper motivation. Not just motivation, but I never really knew what the fuck I was even learning it for. What would I even do with it? I tried to imagine: what if I spent 1000 hours and got really good at this, then what? Nothing, nothing at all, I didn't want to build anything in particular, had no ideas, and I can't imagine doing anything useful with it. So I didn't bother. It's a very good suggestion tbh, but my brain is too much of a turd to do anything of use with it and to see the point.
Just install opencv and fuck around with anime images
or code bots for posting
or create a password managed

Closest thing to this I have is music production. Its a good incel hobby because you can do it in your room and all you need is software. However isolation and depression can be very detrimental to creative endeavors.

I'm jelly, what is your passion in this case?
It may sound weird but I like studying biology. My current goal is to complete my coursework ( obviously because I need a good gpa to get admission in masters) and simultaneously study mathematics so I can start studying atomic structure and chemical bonding ( Schrödinger equation , molecular orbital theory , in general introductory level Quantum Chemistry. These things are covered in my course but at a very basic level I want to understand it in much more detail and for that I need to learn alot of mathematical concepts before I can finally start studying what I want to ).

It may sound weird but I like studying biology. My current goal is to complete my coursework ( obviously because I need a good gpa to get admission in masters) and simultaneously study mathematics so I can start studying atomic structure and chemical bonding ( Schrödinger equation , molecular orbital theory , in general introductory level Quantum Chemistry. These things are covered in my course but at a very basic level I want to understand it in much more detail and for that I need to learn alot of mathematical concepts before I can finally start studying what I want to ).
Doesn't sound weird at all. I'm jealous as hell though, wish I had a passion that blended in with my work, that's even productive and useful. After years of that you can even end up making serious bank. Meanwhile work might not even feel boring or arduous if it's your passion. Though that could go either way, can end up hating your passion if it's work, idk. Hope you keep loving it mate.

I'm too numb and tired from work and shit life to have passion anymore.

After years of that you can even end up making serious bank.
Maybe. You can't tell what will happen in future. It is one of my goals to start a start up tho.

Meanwhile work might not even feel boring or arduous if it's your passion
That's the main advantage. Studying doesn't feel like a chore and burden.

They're not really part of my main ones, the ones I've rewatched tens of times. Though I have rewatched Friends about ~6 times in total, idk. It's very cucked and annoying but when you watch so many sitcoms, even the turd ones can be comfy and a breath of fresh air. 2 and a half men I've rewatched like 3 times in total I think over the years, it's very funny at times but tbh I can't stand how cucked and whipped and dominated Alan is by that ex-wife of his, it literally filled me with rage even years ago. Downright infuriating, even when I was much younger I still couldn't stand that shit. So it's hard to rewatch.
But the good part about 2 and a half men is charlie who pumps and dumps whore and just generally gives no fucks about anything. However when he leaves the dhow it becomes dogshit. Unironically try the office, its better and actually funny unlike sitcoms.

But the good part about 2 and a half men is charlie who pumps and dumps whore and just generally gives no fucks about anything. However when he leaves the dhow it becomes dogshit. Unironically try the office, its better and actually funny unlike sitcoms.
Yeah but then I start comparing myself to Charlie, he's rich and barely works and fucks bitches, meanwhile I'm ... me. The office is part of my main rotation, probably watched it ~50 times, every single episode. Although it's very normie, it's still very good for rotting and just blasting it non-stop.

Most people don't have dedicated hobbies. They just do random things to pass the time. I would seriously suggest you tho to send more hours in the day off screen.

Yeah but then I start comparing myself to Charlie, he's rich and barely works and fucks bitches, meanwhile I'm ... me. The office is part of my main rotation, probably watched it ~50 times, every single episode. Although it's very normie, it's still very good for rotting and just blasting it non-stop.
I’ve definantly seen seasons 1-7 of the office at least 40 times
I’ve seen lost about 15 times, malcolm in the middle 5 times now, naruto like 5 times, avatar 10 times,.

Last edited:
I’ve definantly seen seasons 1-7 of the office at least 40 times
Yep, it's quite addictive. I also tend to dip out during season ~8 at most, but a lot of the time I just watch all the way through (not always).

If you like The Office I also suggest: It's always sunny in Philadelphia, Frasier, Seinfeld, Community, Married with Children. And maybe Parks and Rec but this one is cucked and feminist as hell, though it's pretty much an office clone.

Collect medieval weaponry like me - I can hours chopping shit up, it's good fun

The problem with such a passion for something is that you can lose it very easily especially if you go in and out of depressive moods

Tbh at this point I'm sick of sitcoms. Don't know if I'll stop watching them yet, cause I find myself just closing and opening tabs of the same 3 sites over and over, not actually looking at or doing anything, just browsing empty shit I forget in 2 minutes. So in-between that even sitcoms that I've seen 50 times seem like a breath of fresh air. And it doesn't take any mental energy, just like browsing but even more relaxing and giving out some dopamine. Nevertheless, I'm sick of them more or less, and I really don't find writing any fun or interesting. I've tried my hand at it and it's just not my thing.
You’ve internalized and learned from all the great American works, such as Seinfield and Friends, classic pieces of writing and storytelling. Now go, my child, write your own story...

I play morrowind

I cope hard with flight simulators.

I thought you were talking about a shy and autistic gf at first

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back