Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LifeFuel If you're bored of video games and media, don't give up. The fun might return.

lurker45

lurker45

Officer
★★
I was unable to play any video game from 2012 to 2017 due to feeling paralyzed and bored with it. I'd open it and close it 5 minutes later, and figured it was just me getting older and desiring more real things.
But that's changed, and I'm enjoying video games again. I don't know why it happened, but don't give up. Your child soul can come back.

Im playing Castle Story atm. Its decent cope for an hour or so.

Just buy something new you haven't played yet. Or some retro ones. I choose to play solo games with huge replay value rather than online play , so they will last more.

Same shit and then i found Walking Dead Game... damn, i need help with leaving this game world, i legit cry that the final season means the end for Clem

Yeah, i can relate to that. But recently i bought the dishonored saga and i’m having so much fun playing it

I find that whenever I get bored of a major time sink I just switch to another one; each ‘cycle’ lasts 3 months or so. If it’s not video games then it’s either music, TV series, or a combination of ‘productive’ copes (languages, art, exercise etc)...

...Or just sleeping. I swear I go through a hibernation period every now and then where all I want to do is sleep. Must be that the clinical depression is getting worse.

I've been buying new titles non-stop, trying to break out of the funk, and it's just been a waste of money. $60 in the trash for shit I get bored of in 10 minutes.

Yeah happened to me too recently. Then again, I have 1000 games so I guess I was bound to find a good one eventually.:feelsgah:
I've been buying new titles non-stop, trying to break out of the funk, and it's just been a waste of money. $60 in the trash for shit I get bored of in 10 minutes.
New games are generally not worth it. 1995-2005 was gaming's peak. Things started to slowly go downhill afterwards, 2010 was last genuinely good year. Stick to classics.

Yeah happened to me too recently. Then again, I have 1000 games so I guess I was bound to find a good one eventually.:feelsgah:

New games are generally not worth it. 1995-2005 was gaming's peak. Things started to slowly go downhill afterwards, 2010 was last genuinely good year. Stick to classics.
I got the original Deus Ex recently and I'm going to give that a shot.

I've been feeling the same way for the last few years, I now have a huge backlog of games I probably won't play.

Only good game I've played this year is god of war :feelsbadman:

You should find a game with a high skill ceiling/cap that you can grind for a long time, I've been playing various Quake games for the past 5 years and I havent been bored since then tbh.

Nofap will make me enjoy video games again?
You will normalize your dopamine release again. You will enjoy things a little more and be able to focus better