Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Internet horror brutally mogs horror movies atm.

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★
For real. Just compare stuff like this:

To badly thought out gorefests and 1,001 jumpscares compilations like this:

Internet horror >>> mainstream horror movies at the moment, and it's not even close. Tfw we unironically live in a world where random people on the internet with minimal budgets can make better and scarier horror content than giant studios autistically obsessed with meaningless gore and repetitive jumpscares:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:.

My life is horror enough, I don't need to watch films for that.

The backrooms aren't supposed to fucking have things chasing you around and Freddy Fazbear peeking around corners, god damn. The original post was alluring because of the fear and mysteriousness that arises from being transported into this mundane infinite dimension that you can wander around forever, it's the feeling of unease from not knowing what's around the corner that's really scary. Though I agree with you on the rest. :feelsjuice:

Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

The backrooms aren't supposed to fucking have things chasing you around and Freddy Fazbear peeking around corners, god damn. The original post was alluring because of the fear and mysteriousness that arises from being transported into this mundane infinite dimension that you can wander around forever, it's the feeling of unease from not knowing what's around the corner that's really scary. Though I agree with you on the rest. :feelsjuice:
Agreed. The kids and normies that latched onto it when it became popular really butchered the original idea, with all the levels, monsters and even "survivor" factions the various "backrooms canons" now have. That said, I'd say that out of all of those, the Kane Pixelz series is easily the best and, as is obvious from me linking it here in the first place, it's still better than 99% of the mainstream horror stuff created by big film studios currently.

So true, horror movies has been shit lately, I have high hopes for the fnaf movie though

Its the same with games and mods, in which big companies are just too lazy to make decent playable content anymore.

Look at the work of Skywind and Skyblivion.

horror movies rely on jump scares which is lame