Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is menthol FR alcohol?

Lonelyus

Lonelyus

Choose the bear then, See if i care.
★★★★★
What is menthol made of?

Menthol | Definition, Structure, & Uses | Britannica

menthol, also called peppermint camphor, terpene alcohol with a strong minty, cooling odour and taste. It is obtained from peppermint oil or is produced synthetically by hydrogenation of thymol. Menthol is used medicinally in ointments, cough drops, and nasal inhalers.

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Fisherman%2...

Fisherman's Friend Original - Winkelglutenvrij

Fisherman's Friend | Never be Without a Friend ...

Fisherman's Friend | Original | 24 stuks kopen ...

More images

Fisherman's Friend​

Description​

Fisherman's Friend is a brand of strong menthol lozenges manufactured by the Lofthouse company in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. Wikipedia

It's not related to ethanol, besides having an alcohol group. The alcohol group is bonded to a ring, anyways.

It's not related to ethanol, besides having an alcohol group. The alcohol group is bonded to a ring, anyways.
Could you tell me more about this?

Could you tell me more about this?
Sure. Ethanol is a "straight chain" organic compound, consisting of two carbons (their associated hydrogens also), and an alcohol group -OH.
The alcohol group functions as a soft acid, and allows ethanol to be infinitely soluble in water.
When an alcohol is bonded to a ring, it takes on slightly different chemical properties-benefitting from minor field effects

Sure. Ethanol is a "straight chain" organic compound, consisting of two carbons (their associated hydrogens also), and an alcohol group -OH.
The alcohol group functions as a soft acid, and allows ethanol to be infinitely soluble in water.
When an alcohol is bonded to a ring, it takes on slightly different chemical properties-benefitting from minor field effects
So how do i get drunk off this?

So how do i get drunk off this?
You definitely couldn't, unless you managed to cleave off the alcohol group and attach it to an available ethyl group--which would be waaaay more difficult than just fermenting your own alcohol

You definitely couldn't, unless you managed to cleave off the alcohol group and attach it to an available ethyl group--which would be waaaay more difficult than just fermenting your own alcohol
How do i ferment my own alcohol?

You can buy yeast packets at the grocery store, and you'll need sugar, water, a vessel for it to react in (like a 2L bottle), a rubber hose (to capture the air as it escapes), then some fractional distillation equipment. This last one is more complicated than it sounds, since it's really just a condenser with a jacket. (Chemists usually call them West Condensers).
You'll need a hotplate or stove top, also, for the distillation. It's pretty simple and many students do something like it for their first chemistry class. You'll get drinkable ethanol at decent purity, if done correctly.

What is menthol made of?

Menthol | Definition, Structure, & Uses | Britannica

menthol, also called peppermint camphor, terpene alcohol with a strong minty, cooling odour and taste. It is obtained from peppermint oil or is produced synthetically by hydrogenation of thymol. Menthol is used medicinally in ointments, cough drops, and nasal inhalers.

View attachment 748764

View attachment 748767

View attachment 748766

View attachment 748765

More images

Fisherman's Friend​

Description​

Fisherman's Friend is a brand of strong menthol lozenges manufactured by the Lofthouse company in Fleetwood, Lancashire, England. Wikipedia
Aa neee Swedeninn irangi tirichu

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back