Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR is shield hero worth watching?

Hopium

Hopium

Self-banned
-
@Animecel2D @Wizard32 @sckicksal345 @Weebcel;') @proudweeb

no it is garbage like all anime. He thinks he's gonna be the hero but everyone hates him so he builds a harem and uh oh he's actually the strongest hero. Pathetic anime tropes. Read a book. Read Berserk even.

no it is garbage like all anime. He thinks he's gonna be the hero but everyone hates him so he builds a harem and uh oh he's actually the strongest hero. Pathetic anime tropes. Read a book. Read Berserk even.

@Caesercel

No. The only interesting chapter its chapter 1, after that it's your generic "cuck" MC getting overpowered and saving damsels in distress. Literally trash media

No most mainstream anime are cack

no it is garbage like all anime. He thinks he's gonna be the hero but everyone hates him so he builds a harem
That's based he builds harem by recruiting enslaved girl and training her to be his meat shield

and uh oh he's actually the strongest hero
no he isn't, just has a lot of versatility

him tapping into his OP side is just 1-shot destruction it's not good for sustained combat as you see in the recent s2 continuation

That's based he builds harem by recruiting enslaved girl and training her to be his meat shield

no he isn't, just has a lot of versatility

him tapping into his OP side is just 1-shot destruction it's not good for sustained combat as you see in the recent s2 continuation
All anime trope fantasy garbage

Yeah but not all of them are anime garbage
different anime for different moods sir, they serve different purposes for different points in our life, no need to shit on it for others just because we don't mesh with it at present moment

there's plenty of anime I've struggled to enjoy and I just put them on the back burner but not say they're necessarily shit

@Animecel2D @Wizard32 @sckicksal345 @Weebcel;') @proudweeb
Its a souless isekai not particularly bad and it was entertaining enough for me not to drop it but I still wouldn’t recommend it

different anime for different moods sir, they serve different purposes for different points in our life, no need to shit on it for others just because we don't mesh with it at present moment

there's plenty of anime I've struggled to enjoy and I just put them on the back burner but not say they're necessarily shit
Well said:feelsautistic:

Trash and cringe :yes:

Its a souless isekai not particularly bad and it was entertaining enough for me not to drop it but I still wouldn’t recommend it
I'd recommend it just because what happens to princess is lifefuel (same w/ redo)

Seen wheel of time recommended a lot. Can you elab a bit on why you recommend it?
No reason other than I used to be really into reading high fantasy fiction, and it was a good enough read back when I was in college for software. It's just a well written series in a made-up fantasy magic universe. It does have the obligatory feminist all-female empowered mage's guild, of course, but aside from that, if you enjoy Tolkien, or other related fantasy, like the Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks, it shoudl be an enjoyable read.

No reason other than I used to be really into reading high fantasy fiction, and it was a good enough read back when I was in college for software. It's just a well written series in a made-up fantasy magic universe. It does have the obligatory feminist all-female empowered mage's guild, of course, but aside from that, if you enjoy Tolkien, or other related fantasy, like the Sword of Shannara series by Terry Brooks, it shoudl be an enjoyable read.
Something like brandson sanderson style? I can't get into fantasy other than prince of thorns, the law trilogy and royalroad stuff

Something like brandson sanderson style? I can't get into fantasy other than prince of thorns, the law trilogy and royalroad stuff
The female mage's guild is a primary driving factor in the events of the world, but it's otherwise a story of a chosen one male, facing down the legions of an ultimate evil in a black-and-white good vs. evil, reminiscent of Tolkien's light Maiar vs. the dark Maiar, i.e. Morgoth and Sauron, among others. It's set in its own fantasy universe with The Dark One as the primary antagonist, and if I recall correctly, he has 13 chosen working for him, 2 female, the rest male, who are basically ascended mortals gifted with his powers, if I remember correctly, again. It's been about a decade since I've read them, or read any books outside of Lord of the Rings, tbh, but it was a good read, and I got to the 9th book in the series before my depression completely ruined any interest in reading.

The dark pathways the wizards take that were overrun by a dense, heavy darkness were interesting, too, with a character named Padan Fain (I think; something like that) who was twisted by that darkness, and I guess kind of subservient to a being called the Black Wind that lives within it.

I don't know. It's been so long, I can barely remember any of the important details, anymore. I just remember it was like Sword of Shannarah, Lord of the Rings, The Rover, the Belgariad, and the like. If you're familiar with any of those, it shouldn't be too bad of a read.

The female mage's guild is a primary driving factor in the events of the world, but it's otherwise a story of a chosen one male, facing down the legions of an ultimate evil in a black-and-white good vs. evil, reminiscent of Tolkien's light Maiar vs. the dark Maiar, i.e. Morgoth and Sauron, among others. It's set in its own fantasy universe with The Dark One as the primary antagonist, and if I recall correctly, he has 13 chosen working for him, 2 female, the rest male, who are basically ascended mortals gifted with his powers, if I remember correctly, again. It's been about a decade since I've read them, or read any books outside of Lord of the Rings, tbh, but it was a good read, and I got to the 9th book in the series before my depression completely ruined any interest in reading.

The dark pathways the wizards take that were overrun by a dense, heavy darkness were interesting, too, with a character named Padan Fain (I think; something like that) who was twisted by that darkness, and I guess kind of subservient to a being called the Black Wind that lives within it.

I don't know. It's been so long, I can barely remember any of the important details, anymore. I just remember it was like Sword of Shannarah, Lord of the Rings, The Rover, the Belgariad, and the like. If you're familiar with any of those, it shouldn't be too bad of a read.
Oh thanks for the long review, i may read it somtime. I'm actually a fan of grimdark type of fantasy, which are kinda hard to come by. Dunno if it fits, but i think it dosn't

Oh thanks for the long review, i may read it somtime. I'm actually a fan of grimdark type of fantasy, which are kinda hard to come by. Dunno if it fits, but i think it dosn't
:feelsokman::smonk:

Almost all Isekai is complete fucking garbage. Especially if they get transported to a world with unironic video game mechanics. That shit's autistic as fuck.