Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Is there any solid evidence that 'science' is correct?

NorthernWind

NorthernWind

Paragon
★★★★★
[Presumably] during Medieval times in Europe circulated many relics ( bones, body parts ) of various Christian saints.
There could be the same body parts of the same saint in various places.
Non-believers and skeptics used this argument against established Church and Christian belief.

It's very strange that non-believers and skeptics are highly critical towards Christendom but they are much less critical towards modern 'science'.
But how do we know that science is infallible?
Maybe bones of prehistoric animals or humans are also manufactured and fake?
Scientists are humans and can be highly unreliable and scientific fields can be full of charlatans.

People believe in science usually because modern technology is sophisticated and it's working.
But technology doesn't prove that all scientific fields are correct. Working technology can exist even in 'unscientific' societies.
Just because my phone works doesn't mean that I should believe in the existence of Neanderthals or that earth is X-years old.

Science cannot be independent.

reality is reality, only perception is subjective

Yes. Scientists usually share common beliefs and values of their communities.
i meant that it's influenced by ruling class. Today's science is full of idealism, many things aren't explained from a materialistic point of view. For example there is even a term "black box" they don't even know how it works exactly.

not all science is correct and not all of it is wrong

Science is evidence based while religion is based on faith

reality is reality
Observing reality makes me skeptical towards an idea of evolution.
If all living organisms are evolving why many people especially women have primitive animalistic brain and instincts?
I'm sure cats look and act in the same way they acted and looked 5000 years ago.

You are using a phone made by science communicating with people from other side of the world. That's how you know it works.

You are using a phone made by science communicating with people from other side of the world. That's how you know it works.
This doesn't mean that current scientific theories are correct.
Maybe ancient Greek scientists though that an olympic god or goddess were behind some important discovery...

(((science)))

I'm not a scientist. Science is just observation and experimentation via the scientific method. There are no facts, only interpretations in regards to the research and data. Every single scientific statement comes with philosophical baggage which scientists who reside in an ivory tower always choose to ignore. Most of them are too good for anything outside the lab room and aren't interested in getting to the bottom of absolute reality.

They are not arbiters of truth but are drones who propagate and are subject to their tenure and public opinion. Just look at scientists 200 years ago.

This doesn't mean that current scientific theories are correct.
Well you should learn the scientific definition of theory, you know about cell and germ theory and how they helped us made effective medicine.
Maybe ancient Greek scientists though that an olympic god or goddess were behind some important discovery...
That was before scientific method was made and before theory of evolution.

I'm not a scientist. Science is just observation and experimentation via the scientific method. There are no facts, only interpretations in regards to the research and data. Every single scientific statement comes with philosophical baggage which scientists who reside in an ivory tower always choose to ignore. Most of them are too good for anything outside the lab room and aren't interested in getting to the bottom of absolute reality.

They are not arbiters of truth but are drones who propagate and are subject to their tenure and public opinion. Just look at scientists 200 years ago.
Do scientists 200 years ago were different?

Always funny to see how science deniers like to use modern technology, which is a product of science. If you hate science so much, you might as well live without any electronics or directly live in the wild

Well you should learn the scientific definition of theory, you know about cell and germ theory and how they helped us made effective medicine.
And people lived and survived thousands years without germ theory.
When I look in Wikipedia for a miasma theory - 'Miasma theory is an abandoned medical theory...'
Abandoned doesn't mean false. Like in some fields you can use mechanical device instead of electronic device for the similar results but the current development of industry+ 'scientific community' dictates that you must use electronic device.

Always funny to see how science deniers like to use modern technology, which is a product of science. If you hate science so much, you might as well live without any electronics or directly live in the wild
Being skeptical is not the same as denying.

You are using phone,designed by scientists,you are benefiting from medicine again thank to science.
While the only thing religion bringed to people is hope and the feeling that they are better than everyone else.

And people lived and survived thousands years without germ theory.
Look up average age of humans in past.
When I look in Wikipedia for a miasma theory - 'Miasma theory is an abandoned medical theory...'
Abandoned doesn't mean false.
The miasma theory for disease spread, has been replaced by the germ theory. Because due to the discovery of microorganisms and better evidence, for germ theory.

And Miasma Theory doesn't fit the scientific definition of theory while germ theory fits the scientific definition of theory.
Like in some fields you can use mechanical device instead of electronic device for the similar results but the current development of industry+ 'scientific community' dictates that you must use electronic device.
Which fields are you talking about?

Last edited:
I dont believe in science, and i dont believe in religion. I only believe in my race.

Observing reality makes me skeptical towards an idea of evolution.
If all living organisms are evolving why many people especially women have primitive animalistic brain and instincts?
I'm sure cats look and act in the same way they acted and looked 5000 years ago.
Evolution is fake, but Christianity is not only fake, but its also gigacucked.

There is no God and no Evolution. Everything was created by the souls of humans while they were in the state of LCL pool.

[Presumably] during Medieval times in Europe circulated many relics ( bones, body parts ) of various Christian saints.
There could be the same body parts of the same saint in various places.
Non-believers and skeptics used this argument against established Church and Christian belief.

It's very strange that non-believers and skeptics are highly critical towards Christendom but they are much less critical towards modern 'science'.
But how do we know that science is infallible?
Maybe bones of prehistoric animals or humans are also manufactured and fake?
Scientists are humans and can be highly unreliable and scientific fields can be full of charlatans.

People believe in science usually because modern technology is sophisticated and it's working.
But technology doesn't prove that all scientific fields are correct. Working technology can exist even in 'unscientific' societies.
Just because my phone works doesn't mean that I should believe in the existence of Neanderthals or that earth is X-years old.
There are evidence and research to prove the existence of neanderthals and age of the Earth but you would need to delve deep in science to understand those proves.

You are using phone,designed by scientists,you are benefiting from medicine again thank to science.
While the only thing religion bringed to people is hope and the feeling that they are better than everyone else.
There is also criticism of certain fields of medicine.

Ioannidis 2005 Why Most Published Research Findings Are Falsepdf

None of this means all science is flawless and true.

Science is true, if it wasn't true you wouldn't be able to use this forum.
Not all science is true. Some science is rubbish pushed for political reasons and other science will likely be disproven in a hundred years. Part of science is constantly questioning everything.

Not all science is true. Some science is rubbish pushed for political reasons
Which science are we talking about that is pushing political agendas?
and other science will likely be disproven in a hundred years.
What sciences you can't disproves facts.
Part of science is constantly questioning everything.
Yes, that helps us evolve our understanding of world. What it has to do with science being wrong?

Which science are we talking about that is pushing political agendas?

What sciences you can't disproves facts.

Yes, that helps us evolve our understanding of world. What it has to do with science being wrong?
Why should I trust the scientists are doing what they say they are? A good example of scientists being biased and corrupt is the researchers who were payed off by the sugar industry to blame fat for heart disease which led to sugars and seed oils becoming more common place and the obesity epidemic we have today.

Why should I trust the scientists are doing what they say they are?
Does your phone works? Do you have electricity in your house? Do you use internet? If yes then that's why.
A good example of scientists being biased and corrupt is the researchers who were payed off by the sugar industry to blame fat for heart disease which led to sugars and seed oils becoming more common place and the obesity epidemic we have today.
If few scientists are corrupt that doesn't mean the whole scientific community is corrupt. You should read independent studies done by scientists, look who is funding the studies and what is main purpose of study? So there's no conflict of interest. If people at that time had read independent and corresponding studies they would have known the truth. That's what I do.

Does your phone works? Do you have electricity in your house? Do you use internet? If yes then that's why.

If few scientists are corrupt that doesn't mean the whole scientific community is corrupt. You should read independent studies done by scientists, look who is funding the studies and what is main purpose of study? So there's no conflict of interest. If people at that time had read independent and corresponding studies they would have known the truth. That's what I do.
I'm going to question everything. Blindly trusting everyone who's a "scientist" is no better than a religious person.

I'm going to question everything. Blindly trusting everyone who's a "scientist" is no better than a religious person.
Cause I use technology made by scientists.

Scientists aren't a monolith.
Yes scientists aren't but, science and scientific facts and modern theories are a monolith. I wonder why no one ever tried to debunk scientific facts