Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Soy Is there anything greater than classic Roman architecture?

THE TRUE DIGLET

THE TRUE DIGLET

Paragone
★★★★★
10% While Roman architecture is actually quite fascinating, it is actually best discussed in the "lounge" section
1700607111203.jpeg

1700607573696.jpeg

>Lasts for over 2 thousand years
>Is more beautiful to look at than modern buildings made of twigs and glass
>Makes leftoids seethe because they can't comprehend being mogged by fascist empires
>inspires awe and wonder

1700607322915.jpeg

Oh my heckin concrete boxes!

Another Diglet banger.

Rome was based & immensely better as a civilization than any (((modern))) bullshit will ever be.

The Roman Empire was truly the peak of civilisation.

After the western half fell, Europe actually went backwards in terms of technology. Central heating and the ability to produce concrete vanished. Europe would actually have little importance on the world stage until the voyages of discovery and the age of enlightenment.

Reading ancient European history is demoralizing because you feel powerless in the face of what is happening today.

The Roman road network is still used today in many parts of Europe.

Reading about ancient European history is demoralizing because you feel powerless in the face of what is happening today.
I know, it makes me feel that, just like the Roman Empire, it's golden age has ended and the long, slow collapse has begun.

Who is your favourite Roman Emperor?

The sort of architecture which our Fuhrer, in collaboration with his genius Minister for Armaments, Dr. Speer had envisioned for Berlin if the forces of Aryan magnificence had won the war against the jews. Of course much of those buildings had been inspired by classical Greek and Roman architecture and Hitler himself was an huge admirer of the Parthenon in Athens, as any civilized man of culture would be.

Who is your favourite Roman Emperor?
People say Augustus because he was the first emperor, but Marcus Aurelius has a special place in my heart for his writings about stoicism. It helped me a lot.

People say Augustus because he was the first emperor, but Marcus Aurelius has a special place in my heart for his writings about stoicism. It helped me a lot.
He is considered to be the last good emperor. I like him mainly for his military achievements in Germania and the Balkans.

He is considered to be the last good emperor. I like him mainly for his military achievements in Germania and the Balkans.
You obviously are more knowledgeable about Rome than me. I have not studied Roman history that much. I plan to, but it is so rich a history that the time it will take me to fully grasp what happened there is daunting.

You obviously are more knowledgeable about Rome than me. I have not studied Roman history that much. I plan to, but it is so rich a history that the time it will take me to fully grasp what happened there is daunting.
Its one of the greatest civilisations as far as I'm concerned.

10% While Roman architecture is actually quite fascinating, it is actually best discussed in the "lounge" section

My desire for teen love :feelsbadman:

We don't need legions, we need a woman

We don't need legions, we need a woman
First you get the legions, then you get the women.

Modern architecture is a lot like modern art, I'm not an expert on these things but it seems to be about making things ugly on purpose. Bring back the architecture of old!

Every municipal building today looks like that

First you get the legions, then you get the women.

Modern architecture is a lot like modern art, I'm not an expert on these things but it seems to be about making things ugly on purpose. Bring back the architecture of old!
I'd take cavalry over commanding legions

Gothic architecture