Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Theory Lack of intimacy in minors might be able to cause pseudo autism

Gyros_Pretcel

Gyros_Pretcel

19th c. Church of Hamlossus high priest contender
★★★★★
Got this from a German times article about the importance of hugs.
Die Auswirkungen weniger Berührungen in der Kindheit greifen allerdings noch etwas tiefer. Sie können physiologische Effekte hervorrufen. Darcia Narvaez, Professorin für Psychologie an der Universität von Notre Dame, sagte der Time, es gäbe hauptsächlich zwei Arten, wie sich weniger Nähe auf einen aufwachsenden Körper auswirken kann: Zum einen kann es zu einem unterentwickelten Vagus, einem Hirnnerv, führen. Das schmälert laut Studien die Fähigkeit zur Intimität und Leidenschaft. Außerdem kann es zu geringerer Oxytocin-Produktion führen. Das ist ein Hormon, das hilft, soziale Bindungen zu anderen aufzubauen.
Translation of the bold parts:
1. Underdeveloped Vagus Brain nerve leading to lower capability for intimacy and passion.
2. Lower Oxytocin production, a hotmone responsible for social bonding

There is some relation between lower Oxytocin levels and autism I read elsewhere..

Someone might want to look up the work Darcia Narvaez, professor for psyhcology on the university of Notre Dame.

@Atavistic Autist

Last edited:
brootal, its over for huglesscels.

and not drinking water will eventually kill you.

if sex/intimacy wasnt a basic human need then no one would be struggling.

Feels like people are moving away from genetics and more to environmental factors during pre-teen years. It is known facial structure, teeth and so on are all heavily affected by breathing pattern, sleeping, diet and so on. It is still fatalistic in the sense that you can have very little control of it and it's mostly dictated by your society and your parents. There is no way you could have a proper understanding of the importance of these things at such a young age, and this is certainly not wide-spread knowledge for parents to know about.

My mother destroyed my brain when I was a little child apparently.

tfw can count all hugs in my life with 1 hand