Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious Link between depression and truth-repression

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I think clinical depression has a biological component but can nevertheless also be somewhat socially induced. For instance, believing a lie told about you by society (such as "you deserve to be incel and unhappy") can induce depression. The bluepill is known to aggravate depression in ugly men.

Here's what Jean-Paul Sartre, a famous French philosopher, had to say about that.

Je veux dire que si les rapports avec autrui sont tordus, viciés, alors l’autre ne peut être que l’enfer. Pourquoi ? Parce que les autres sont, au fond, ce qu’il y a de plus important en nous, même pour la propre connaissance de nous-mêmes. Nous nous jugeons avec les moyens que les autres nous ont fournis. Quoi que je dise sur moi, quoi que je sente de moi, toujours le jugement d’autrui entre dedans. Je veux dire que si mes rapports sont mauvais, je me mets dans la totale dépendance d’autrui et alors en effet je suis en enfer. Il existe quantité de gens qui sont en enfer parce qu’ils dépendent du jugement d’autrui ».

Rough translation:

What I mean is that if relationships with others are warped, diseased, then others can only be Hell. Because others are, at the bottom, what is the most important for us, even for knowledge of our own selves. We judge ourselves with the tools that were given to us by others. Whatever I may think of myself, everytime the judgment of others enters the picture. What I mean is that if my relationships are bad, I put myself in a state of total codependency with the judgment of others, and then I am in Hell indeed. There are vast quantities of men today who are in Hell because they are dependent on the judgment of others.

TLDR: if society hates you and you interiorize their judgment, if you agree without a critical mind to everything others say about you, you will end up extremely depressed and in a slave-like state. Your brain will be aware of the unfairness of your current situation and will disagree with your super-ego (in the Freudian sense) agreeing with society, causing permanent nervous tension and repression.

Reclaiming the truth through the blackpill is the first step towards better mental health.

A very interesting read OP. As you said we must not interiorize their judgement as almost everyone in society looks down on us. I feel as if the blackpill is an emotional double edged sword as you will see the true nature of femoids and how today's society works in correlation to relationships and getting laid, however you know as an incel it is truly hopeless for us unless we get lucky and ascend by looksmaxx and statusmaxx.

True, but there are countless scenarios where delusion is the only option to stave off depression. I’m an atheist but I’m not against telling dying kids that they’re going to heaven. I consider Religion itself to be the mental manifestation of humanity’s unwillingness the confront the ugly truth. I believe it’s universal presence across multiple cultures to suggest that denying inconvenient truths to be inherent to human nature, and a daily activity for all of us. If our mind allowed us unfiltered, abject honesty 20/4 I believe lack of motivation would prohibit us from accomplishing anything. Truth-repression is clearly an endogenous safety buffer we have developed to prevent the fragile human ego from crumbling beneath the cold light of objective rationalism.

Last edited:
True, but there are countless scenarios where delusion is the only option to stave off depression.
This is undeniably true for several aspects, such as death. Our brain has evolved to not think too much about death.

I've got a theory that religious fundamentalists and transhumanists have a very similar "weird" brain in that they think very often about death compared to ordinary people.

Ordinary people never think about death unless they are at a hospital seeing a relative die. Two months later, they have already forgotten about it.

The normie willful ignorance of death, which used to be healthy and adaptive, has unfortunately become criminal in recent decades; because there is now solid evidence that societies could conquer aging and death with more money and brainpower poured into research.

However, we're derailing a bit from the point of my OP. Truth repression can be adaptive, but in the case of incels it's definitely not adaptive at all to believe lies on yourself.

in the case of incels it's definitely not adaptive at all to believe lies on yourself.
The only utility it can be said to serve is the prolonging of an incel’s survival, which in light of the presumed low-life quality that one associates with such a label is not inherently a good thing.

@Fontaine: Save the stuff you write on a blog. Link to it under your signature. Some posts are too substantial to deserve getting lost under the numerous posts/threads that are made by the hour.

High IQ. I would further read on "forced helplessness". It somewhat ties in with what you are saying.

@Fontaine: Save the stuff you write on a blog. Link to it under your signature. Some posts are too substantial to deserve getting lost under the numerous posts/threads that are made by the hour.
:feelsokman: thanks bro

I'm already making private copies of long-ass posts I write just in case

I will think about your suggestion.

The normie willful ignorance of death, which used to be healthy and adaptive, has unfortunately become criminal in recent decades; because there is now solid evidence that societies could conquer aging and death with more money and brainpower poured into research.
Google seem to be putting a lot of money into this, but yes it isn't very mainstream. Normies probably fear missing out on the tech to future generations so they cope with their appeal to nature fallacies and bullshit about life being meaningless without death.

Google seem to be putting a lot of money into this, but yes it isn't very mainstream.
Unfortunately, Google is unlikely to succeed in finding a cure for aging. The approach of Calico has been criticized on several levels by De Grey, and seems merely restricted to calorie restriction / sirtuin pathways - we already know about the importance of calorie and glucose restrictions for longevity, it would have been far better to focus on senescent cell removal or DNA repair.
Normies probably fear missing out on the tech to future generations so they cope with their appeal to nature fallacies and bullshit about life being meaningless without death.
Seeing death as desirable has always been a transparent coping mechanism. Humans have always been obsessed with immortality, since day 1. See the myth of Gilgamesh or "terror management theory".

I wouldn't be too harsh on the normies, though. They are probably right that immortality is a pipe dream. Aging and disease aren't the only way to die: that leaves room for plenty of things to kill us.

Last edited:
Blackpill caused my depression, but I wouldn’t say that I wasn’t genetic dispositioned to having it.

Blackpill caused my depression, but I wouldn’t say that I wasn’t genetic dispositioned to having it.
It’s like it can go both ways. Depression can be caused by exposing the mind to harsh realities it doesn’t want to confront, but it can also be caused by the mind believing in delusional realities that don’t map well onto reality.

In essence, both the blue and black pill can be the cause of either depression or relief.

It’s like it can go both ways. Depression can be caused by exposing the mind to harsh realities it doesn’t want to confront, but it can also be caused by the mind believing in delusional realities that don’t map well onto reality.

In essence, both the blue and black pill can be the cause of either depression or relief.
Bluepill is no where near as bad as the blackpill.

You just explained why so few ugly men are blackpilled. Most men attach little importance to objective reality, while what brought together everyone here is an insistence to have models that fully map reality.

Bluepill is no where near as bad as the blackpill.
Some insist they were more depressed with the continued cycle of unfulfilled hope experienced through the bluepill.
You just explained why so few ugly men are blackpilled. Most men attach little importance to objective reality, while what brought together everyone here is an insistence to have models that fully map reality.
Exactly, and once seen it cannot be unseen.
For better or for worse.

Last edited:
It's a natural reaction in order to avoid effort in pointless goals. The system is fucked up for whoever display weakness in some field and privileges a few cucks

I have mild depression and i don't take any medication for it. I am only using some sleeping pills to help with my anxiety to help me sleep. Can mild depression turn worst over time ?

It's obvious that depression have a social and personal component, the weakest factor actually is biology, since it's just a predisposition.

the uglier the guy, the more delusional he is

EVEN IF he's an old ass man in his 50s

Sounds to me like this explains a lot of Cuckcels, and undercover incels who wanna attack overt incels.

personalluy I care a lot about objective reality, but then again I am an anomaly. I always kinda figured any position that isn't based in reality is a worthless opinion. Which is why 99.99% of peoples' opinions are usually worthless.

TLDR: if society hates you and you interiorize their judgment, if you agree without a critical mind to everything others say about you, you will end up extremely depressed and in a slave-like state. Your brain will be aware of the unfairness of your current situation and will disagree with your super-ego (in the Freudian sense) agreeing with society, causing permanent nervous tension and repression.