Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Loneliest time of day?

• Thread starter Deleted member 27204
  • Start date

What is the time of day you feel the loneliest?

• early morning

• afternoon

• evening

• nighttime (before midnight)

• in the few hours after midnight

• I haven't shed a tear since middle school

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 27204

Self-banned
-
What is the time of day you feel the loneliest?

After midnight, everything is so quiet and makes you think how things are

After midnight, everything is so quiet and makes you think how things are
Same tbh the loneliness just sets in the worst at that time and fills you with feelings of having an existential crisis sometimes. It's hard to explain and sometimes it does happen during other days. But after midnight is when it seems to hit hard the worst ngl

like right b4 it turns dark, so around 5pm

Yeah for some reason twilight hours are pretty depressing and pensive at times tbh
It’s just so depressing, I don’t know y tho

5-7am is the best imo, just seeing the sun rise, having a cup of coffee

nighttime is comfy imo, not depressing

It’s just so depressing, I don’t know y tho
Neither do I tbh
Maybe because it's the time most people go on dates or have exclusive get togethers of some kind? Or possibly because it kinds of marks the end of another day where it occurs to you that nothing significant or of importance has happened yet to positively affect your life?
5-7am is the best imo, just seeing the sun rise, having a cup of coffee
If the sky is clear it feels amazing. But if not it sometimes feels like a waste getting up that early ngl
nighttime is comfy imo, not depressing
Idk nighttime also has a kind of mysterious depressing feel to it sometimes too.

Last edited:
Neither do I tbh
Maybe because it's the time most people go on dates or have exclusive get togethers of some kind?
i think it’s becuz I realize another day has gone to waste, doing absolutely nothing productive
Idk nighttime also has a kind of mysterious depressing feel to it sometimes too.
have u been getting your vitamin D?
im taking 10,000ius hoping it makes me feel a little better

I don’t really feel lonely. I’m numb and apathetic, I feel like a zombie.

i think it’s becuz I realize another day has gone to waste, doing absolutely nothing productive
Yeah but even when you are doing something like coming back from classes at uni it still imparts a depressing feeling in a way still. By contrast I'd think that when you are neeting the passage of time isn't as consequential.
have u been getting your vitamin D?
im taking 10,000ius hoping it makes me feel a little better
Probably not always ngl but I think sleep is more important than vitamin D to how I feel.
I make sure to get it from food sources just in case though because even going outside for a walk as an ugly low status male subjects you to hostility and suspicion.
I don’t really feel lonely. I’m numb and apathetic, I feel like a zombie.
I count that as feeling lonely tbh
Feeling numb and apathetic can be shrugged off. Feeling like a zombie seems like it would be coming from a feeling of loneliness.

Feeling like a zombie seems like it would be coming from a feeling of loneliness.
Maybe, but I’ll say it’s more not having anything really going on in my life (entertainment, copes etc) and other circumstances...

I give up on relationships, Iike I don’t care anymore. Then again that could be a coping mechanism to prevent me from blowing my brains out, making it seem like I’m in control.

I give up on relationships, Iike I don’t care anymore. Then again that could be a coping mechanism to prevent me from blowing my brains out, making it seem like I’m in control.
If we didn't care we wouldn't be posting on this forum tbh
The disinterested empty feeling is more like a side effect of the grudging way many of us have accepted their fate.

It's not a certain time of day for me. It's certain days.

Mostly weekends and holidays. And days when the weather is great. Or just random days when I feel lonely and wish I had a gf.
Mondays and the middle of the week as well as days with cloudy or rainy/foggy weather are the loneliest type of days for me tbh
Brutal never began.
There was no chance. We just accepted it without knowing but definitely not while being at peace with it.

Mostly weekends and holidays
same here, Monday-Friday isn’t as depressing as the weekend

most likely becuz most normies are having fun while I just LDAR or gymmaxx

Same tbh the loneliness just sets in the worst at that time and fills you with feelings of having an existential crisis sometimes. It's hard to explain and sometimes it does happen during other days. But after midnight is when it seems to hit hard the worst ngl
How do you face these hours? I usually put music to endure them but doesn't help

How do you face these hours? I usually put music to endure them but doesn't help
Music doesn't help either I've found.
tbh I prefer there to be no noise at night just like in the day. That way I don't even have to resort to listening to music to drown out any outside noise. Of course that isn't always possible.
Staying awake at those hours after midnight and just thinking about whatever comes to mind gives a depressing but still somehow engrossing mood to things. It's a time of reflection and when I find that I can make the most sense of things ngl

Evenings for me. I just get out of work and think, "Oh gee. I'll go to sleep in about 8 hours. So that means I can.....DO FUCKING NOTHING for 8hrs I guess."
Then I get really annoyed with myself that I'm so ugly and a piece of shit that nobody wants to even be my friend or date me and that feeling prolongs for the next few hours until I get sleepy

night

even though i feel absolutely terrible when i wake up at 2 am

I don’t really feel lonely at this point. I just distract myself by playing video games or jerking off. I actually like the hours after midnight since it is the most peaceful. It is pretty quiet and I can do what I want without too much distractions

Midday. Night time is comfy because everyone else is asleep and its quiet and peaceful.

Midday. Night time is comfy because everyone else is asleep and its quiet and peaceful.
Midday right after or a few hours after noon can be pretty depressing tbh but really it depends on what the ambient conditions are imo. This is another reason why so much normie advice about "just don't think about it bro" doesn't help tbh
The ambient conditions affect my mood and outlook even if I try for them not to.