Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Modern DVD cases are awful

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Now I know what you're thinking.

"But Hoppi, I buy so many DVDs now in 2024 I don't even have time to look at all the cases"

I know, I know but... goodness!!

Why are they so flimsy and cheapie and a huge recycling logo pressed out of them so they have a huge gaping hole in them!

SO bad!! Even the one in a fancy insert that I bought is like this. AND the disc seems thin!

I'm not sure if blu-rays or 4k blu-rays have an issue like this though.

Last edited:
Now I know what you're thinking.

"But Hoppi, I buy so many DVDs now in 2024 I don't even have time to look at all the cases"

I know, I know but... goodness!!

Why are they so flimsy and cheapie and a huge recycling logo pressed out of them so they have a huge gaping hole in them!

SO bad!! Even the one in a fancy insert that I bought is like this. AND the disc seems thin!

I'm not sure if blu-rays or 4k blu-rays have an issue like this though.
because nobody buys them anymore
when DVDs were new in the 2000s, they were packing them full with extras and goodies to sell them more
they wanted it to be the new medium so they did everything to put more and more value into them
now that age is over

if dvds had a visual value like LP covers, they might have lasted longer
with vinyl LP covers, they have a lot of surface area, so they double as good wall art and can be used as room decoration
that is part of the reason why vinyls have not died out despite being completely obsolete in any other way

because nobody buys them anymore
when DVDs were new in the 2000s, they were packing them full with extras and goodies to sell them more
they wanted it to be the new medium so they did everything to put more and more value into them
now that age is over

if dvds had a visual value like LP covers, they might have lasted longer
with vinyl LP covers, they have a lot of surface area, so they double as good wall art and can be used as room decoration
that is part of the reason why vinyls have not died out despite being completely obsolete in any other way

Hm, analogue music storage is still nice I think ^^

And I suppose but... hm. Maybe yeah they've become really functional? Throwaway?

Not many people buying them just to own maybe. idk.

Possibly they tend to buy the HD formats.

Maybe most people literally buy them, watch them, and then before long throw them away?

Seems really bizarre.

Now I think about it I haven't seen a blu-ray with this issue and I have bought at least one new blu-ray.

I have older DVDs and they look better aswell,

Now i cant even get a manual in them, They are flimsy and
sometimes they get stuck or skip alot the newer ones that is.

I have older DVDs and they look better aswell,

Now i cant even get a manual in them, They are flimsy and
sometimes they get stuck or skip alot the newer ones that is.

Maybe they figure the only people who buy them have bad internet and not much money? So they make them as cheap as possible.

Collectors will buy the more modern formats perhaps.

Or maybe also they're trying to encourage people towards digital and newer formats. Discourage DVDs by making them bad.

One thing though... the one I bought recently (Indy 5) seems to just go straight to the menu. No ads or other random things.

So that's good at least :)