Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Modern political satire is 100x better than those retarded cartoon drawings or whatever existed before that

shii410

shii410

I'm not black I'm O. J.
★★★★★
Early political satire was genuinely complete shit and not funny at all in addition to having like a fraction of the ability to actually make commentary on anything
Edwardian-German-Italian-Imperialism-Afrcia-Cartoons-Punch-Magazine-1911-10-04-243.jpg

Compare that to this

no political satire for your face

what the hell is this supposed to mean
It's saying that Italy learned their imperialistic behavior from the Germans.

Both the Germans and Italians unified their countries around the same time, so I think that's what it's referring to.

It's saying that Italy learned their imperialistic behavior from the Germans.
Yeah, I know. But if that's the case: who fucking made it then?

Richard Partridge was an English illustrator. Born in London

Made what?
The propaganda piece, of course. It's such a braindead observation that I can't even imagine a 20th century britoid factory dweller buying into it. Britain was the one who started modern imperialism in the first place

Also, this is the dude LOl:

1915 Partridge designed posters to encourage recruitment to the British Army. Take up the Sword of Justice was one of the most popular, printed by David Allen & Sons, for the British Parliamentary Recruiting Committee (PRC).[14] It features the sinking RMS Lusitania, drowning passengers, and a vengeful Lady Justice wielding the Sword of Justice.[15] State Library of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia, is just one of the many libraries and museums around the world which hold copies of this poster.[16]

Another work from this time that was well known to the populous was Unconquerable. It features Wilhelm II, German Emperor, and Albert I, the King of the Belgians. The cartoon was published by Punch in October 1914. This original was presented to the Queen of the Belgians by the Gardeners' Company, the purchase money going to the Belgian Relief Fund.[17] In 1917 copies of the poster, styled "the Greatest War Picture ...... in magnificent colour reproduction", which Partridge based on his original cartoon were sent by Punch to new subscribers as part of a promotion.[18][19] In 1919 Punch sent complimentary copies of this poster to public libraries and Schools of Arts across Australia and New Zealand, many of which were framed and placed in their reading rooms.[20][21][22][23][24][25]

The propaganda piece, of course. It's such a braindead observation that I can't even imagine a 20th century britoid factory dweller buying into it. Britain was the one who started modern imperialism in the first place

Also, this is the dude LOl:

1915 Partridge designed posters to encourage recruitment to the British Army. Take up the Sword of Justice was one of the most popular, printed by David Allen & Sons, for the British Parliamentary Recruiting Committee (PRC).[14] It features the sinking RMS Lusitania, drowning passengers, and a vengeful Lady Justice wielding the Sword of Justice.[15] State Library of Victoria, Melbourne, Australia, is just one of the many libraries and museums around the world which hold copies of this poster.[16]

Another work from this time that was well known to the populous was Unconquerable. It features Wilhelm II, German Emperor, and Albert I, the King of the Belgians. The cartoon was published by Punch in October 1914. This original was presented to the Queen of the Belgians by the Gardeners' Company, the purchase money going to the Belgian Relief Fund.[17] In 1917 copies of the poster, styled "the Greatest War Picture ...... in magnificent colour reproduction", which Partridge based on his original cartoon were sent by Punch to new subscribers as part of a promotion.[18][19] In 1919 Punch sent complimentary copies of this poster to public libraries and Schools of Arts across Australia and New Zealand, many of which were framed and placed in their reading rooms.[20][21][22][23][24][25]
Lol legit it’s such retardation and transparently hypocritical for Anglos to be criticizing another country for their “barbaric imperialism in Africa” in this time period. I can’t imagine anyone ever seeing that propaganda poster and feeling pwned by it or feeling that they brutally took down the germans with that one. While the putin image is legit god tier propaganda that makes you think and evaluate things in its favor

Britain was the one who started modern imperialism in the first place
Eh not really. Spain, Portugal, and the Dutch did it before them.

Eh not really. Spain, Portugal, and the Dutch did it before them.
Yeah, which is why I said modern, tard

Between 1850 and 1914, Britain brought nearly 30% of Africa's population under its control, to 15% for France, 9% for Germany, 7% for Belgium and 1% for Italy: Nigeria alone contributed 15 million subjects to Britain, more than in the whole of French West Africa, or the entire German colonial empire. The only nations that were not under European control by 1914 were Liberia and Ethiopia.[39]

Last edited:

Between 1850 and 1914, Britain brought nearly 30% of Africa's population under its control, to 15% for France, 9% for Germany, 7% for Belgium and 1% for Italy: Nigeria alone contributed 15 million subjects to Britain, more than in the whole of French West Africa, or the entire German colonial empire. The only nations that were not under European control by 1914 were Liberia and Ethiopia.[39]
:feelskek:

The countries I mentioned laid the foundation for "modern" colonization. Very little was changed by the British.

The countries I mentioned laid the foundation for "modern" colonization. Very little was changed by the British.
who was the forefront of the industrial revolution (the very impetus of modern imperialism that this comic is criticizing) again? was it spain portugal and the netherlands?
I must be mistaken, my apologies. You're right. The sole reason why there was a ww1, why everyone was spontaneously scramming for colonies and trying to build an empire out of nowhere, and why the entirety of Africa was controlled by Europeans (the thing this comic is criticizing) in less than 30 years was because of Spain, Portugal, and the Netherlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back