Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting my job as a receptionist is taking a toll on me

Ihatemylife123

Ihatemylife123

limicel
★★★
This week I just started my very first job as a receptionist and it's very boring. You have to sit in the same spot for 8 hrs and if you have to use the bathroom, you will need to find another receptionist to cover your post. I'm the only one so far so I have to ask one of the security guards to cover my post. You are forced to say good morning to people and be nice even if you don't feel like it. You also have to look at the security cameras and write down stuff in a log book. My body hurts from sitting in the same spot all day and I have a sore throat now because I had to wake up at 3am when it has been raining for 4 days to go to work. I'm looking forward for my first paycheck, I hope its worth it.

You have to sit in the same spot for 8 hrs You are forced to say good morning to people and be nice even if you don't feel like it.
THIS. I did wageslaving for a few days, that was insanity.

I couldn't imagine being an incel and working a social job like that. When I was a cashier for a bit, I was miserable. Even dealing with coworkers at my production jobs is hard enough.

I couldn't imagine being an incel and working a social job like that. When I was a cashier for a bit, I was miserable. Even dealing with coworkers at my production jobs is hard enough.
One of my coworkers just reported me to the super of me taking a nap, I already know who it is. I just got a warning call a few mins ago.

And so it fades into obscurity