Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Netflix's ATLA episode 1 review

SecularNeo-Khazar

SecularNeo-Khazar

Mixedcell
★★★★★
Okay, I rate it 4.5/10

Bad points:

1. Mediocre bending effects.
  2. They are also to small.
  3. Aang's decison to go was due to him losing his freinds and not only for his responsibilitys as avatar. This really does make him look like a coward who escaped, rather then being simply insecure and anxious.
  4. No reason to bring that earthbender to Sozin
  5. Katara's actor is a becky, she won't grow into a cute woman like Katara could be enviosed as her cartoon self evolving into. The point of Katara was to make her a powerful woman, an essential part a man can't live without and therefore is important (feminism) and reduce her to a subservient breeding stock for Aang to regrow the air nation from. Her whole point is to show an important man and his goal are far more important then feminist desires.
  6. The water tribes does not have blue eyes.
  7. The water tribe is a lil bit too white
  8. Iroh's actor looks prideful and not cheerful or wise.
  9. Iroh doesn't have his smily and goofy attitude.
  10. Iroh has this "waht the fuck man, you're an stoopid as bitch" approach to Zuko
  11. The fact Aang is revealed to be the avatar to the tribe ppl was to quick.
  12. Since the bad guys can't be shown to also be good people simply misguided into believing what they're doing is wrong, they can't be shown having humane traits, like Zuko saving that dude falling from the tower. Otherwise people might think "Transphobes" might direct their transphobia from the fear of transfags hurting others, and not purely out of malice.
  13. Sokka is to little of an idiot and has no humor. He should have said, if anything, that Aang was an adult but a dwarf when Katara said to Sokka, Aang is just a kid.
  14. The fire nation has normal aesthethics and lacks their Khorne berserker looking warriors
  15. Zuko focuses more on the aspect of glory for itself, rather then a remedy for his shame.
Good points

1. Gliding through the use of airbending (and not flying like the retards have accused the show of) makes sense.
  2. Burning people alive as a fire ability makes sense.
  3. Evil Zuko does act like evil Zuko
  4. The fire nation's ships are well reconstructed
  5. Asians make up the majority of ppl in the episode, nice.
  6. Sokka has a slightly protruding chin, hinting his family was somehwat interbreeding, which makes sense considering the small village he lived in.

Remember watching the animated show as a kid on netflix.

Some good times but it's one of those things you just remember and never go and revisit because for me personally it doesn't feel the same and will just ruin the great memories, I might however watch the live adaption one day (probably not)

Remember watching the animated show as a kid on netflix.

Some good times but it's one of those things you just remember and never go and revisit because for me personally it doesn't feel the same and will just ruin the great memories, I might however watch the live adaption one day (probably not)
true