Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Never knew how popular handheld gaming were compared to home consoles. WTF?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20987
  • Start date
Deleted member 20987

Deleted member 20987

Banned
-
To date the overall the highest selling videogame console, worldwide, overall is the PlayStation 2 home console. But the top 10 per region and definitely Japan amazes me.

Worldwide
Of the top 10, best selling, gaming consoles 4 were handheld with the Nintendo DS and GameBoy holding the number 2 and 3 spot with the most worldwide sales

Japan
Of the top 10, best selling, gaming consoles 5 were handheld (6 if you count Nintendo Switch which is both handheld and home console)
The top 3 best sellers in Japan are 1. Nintendo DS, 2. Game Boy Color and 3. Nintendo 3DS.

I am surprised.

Last edited:
I own 3 3ds consoles 2 PS Vita's, one game boy advance, switch ,xbox 360 and a gb boy colour so handheld are my thing as I find it nice to play them while waiting for appointments I just wish the games were more mature in nature.

I own 3 3ds consoles 2 PS Vita's, one game boy advance, switch ,xbox 360 and a gb boy colour so handheld are my thing as I find it nice to play them while waiting for appointments I just wish the games were more mature in nature.

I played TETRIS on the original GameBoy monochrome screen and that's it. California Games on the Sega GameGear and.......

Never go into handhelds as I can't play a screen where there's sunlight on it, plus the batteries man!

In Japan I assumed the PlayStation 1 would rule due to retro gamers saying Final Fantasy 7 is/was huge in Japan at the time in 1997. But the series has been around since 1987. Overall it is second only to Pokemon in Japan (which is classed as an RPG as well).

That said a lot of Japanese commuters and school-kids probably lapped up handheld consoles back in the day.

Last edited:
Psp b
Was pretty good