Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion Nostalgia as an incel trait

L

Lebensmüder

Soon to be deleted account
★★★
I like to look back to the past and sometimes I have the tendency to whitewash the past, downplay shitty experiences I had and to idealise it as something perfect or at least more desirable than the current year. Be it with video games or life in general - probably because childhood/life before puberty was the only time when an autistcel could really fit in, afterwards everything became a minefield.
Back then stuff was easier and you could create good memories, after puberty everything because connotated with sexuality, something we all were excluded from, the developmental milestones just didn't exist that allow a normal transition from childhood to adulthood. The important memories after puberty were just not collected by you.

I am a person who has an extreme obsession with his own past and I live in it, the present/future is almost without any importance for me (probably because it's very bleak looking). I like to recreate scenes from it by visiting places I liked to visit again. Looking at the older/easier times is the only thing that makes me genuinely feel good, but it's also something that makes me very angry at some times, when I look at the years in my life that were wasted while others had the time of their lives (an injustice/wound that doesn't heal/go away) - it's the source of both pain and bliss, something that can be contrasted against the grey and utterly meaningless existence I nowadays have, even getting bullied and then retaliating for it was something that gave me life energy as a child (unlike the complete sensory deprivation nowdays).
Due to everything that happened (or to say it better: didn't happen) I am definetely developmentally retarded when it comes to personality/emotions/etc. (a defect that doesn't imply a deficit in mental capabilities/intelligence but only the systematic denial of formative experiences), despite having studied/worked I still have the mentality of a child.
I have no capabilities on a social and also experience-based basis to connect to most people my age. I have no experiences worth memorising that have something to do with people. I avoid them as much as possible, which in turn only increases the gap between my world and their world.
I hate how much of the past that gave me positive feelings gets erased, I don't even recognise many of the places I liked to visit anymore. Most of the city I was raised in is unrecognisable. Where once my favorite fish shop stood is now a gambling hall (a development that could be exemplary for the entirety of my country) and the webpages I spent hours with as a child are now completely shut down. The laws also destroyed many of the stuff I liked (especially regarding what was legal a few years ago and what's legal now). Everything turns shittier. I don't belong here, the past is all there is. Anterograde amnesia would make no difference for me at this point, retrograde amnesia would probably drive me to suicide.

Last edited:
Some of this is me. Before puberty, I wanted to play with girl legs and pussy and asshole. I specifically remember always wanted to go under girl skirts before I even went to school and wanted to just grab whatever I could under there.
Of course, my mother would cockblock an infant because "that's not nice". The age when you're still a child and can get away with it because you're "you don't know any better" and deformities didn't really kick in yet. The years when the girls I would grab would probably laugh and said it was cute what I was doing, I couldn't get to do it.

Of course the older I get, the less I can do it as now I'm supposed to know better. Then years later I find out upskirt is a fetish and I've accepted it, seeing as it's been a fetish of mine since I was in diapers.
I am a person who has an extreme obsession with his own past and I live in it, the present/future is almost without any importance for me (probably because it's very bleak looking).
This is me.
I like to recreate scenes from it by visiting places I liked to visit again.
Also me.
Looking at the older/easier times is the only thing that makes me genuinely feel good, but it's also something that makes me very angry at some times, when I look at the years in my life that were wasted while others had the time of their lives (an injustice/wound that doesn't heal/go away) - it's the source of both pain and bliss, something that can be contrasted against the grey and utterly meaningless existence I nowadays have, even getting bullied and then retaliating for it was something that gave me life energy as a child (unlike the complete sensory deprivation nowdays).
That's the issue I somewhat have. Unlike you, I didn't paint the bad memories as good or whitewashed them. I still remember them exactly how they played out and I hate remembering those times over the others I really enjoyed. Like my times with video games as you mentioned. I remember the bullies from as early as kindergarten and 1st grade and how the teachers were dicks to me. Can't whitewash those.
I have no capabilities on a social and also experience-based basis to connect to most people my age.
Also me.
I have no experiences worth memorising that have something to do with people. I avoid them as much as possible, which in turn only increases the gap between my world and their world.
Same with me. I also really don't care to deal with people my age honestly. I think even online, like even right here on the forums, I talk to people younger than me. I don't have most of the same interests as people my age. So why should I care about them? I can talk to old people just fine in their 50s and onward. I can talk to people just fine in their 20s and lower. Those around my age group, I just can't.
I hate how much of the past that gave me positive feelings gets erased, I don't even recognise many of the places I liked to visit anymore. Most of the city I was raised in is unrecognisable. Where once my favorite fish shop stood is now a gambling hall (a development that could be exemplary for the entirety of my country) and the webpages I spent hours with as a child are now completely shut down.
This is actually one reason I've never really gone back to visit old places I've had fond memories of. It would probably kill me to see all the places, stores, arcades, and such just gone. I couldn't handle it.
The laws also destroyed many of the stuff I liked (especially regarding what was legal a few years ago and what's legal now).
Can you elaborate on this one? I'm just curious as I don't think the laws have done much to destroy things I like. Yes, even video games because not all games are trash these days. Most are, but not all of them.
Everything turns shittier. I don't belong here, the past is all there is.
Also me. I don't belong in this era. I want to go back to the 80s and 90s. That's where I belong. Not here. I'm a foreigner at this age. This is not the place for me. I want to go back.
I really don't need the internet so I can easily go back and live without it. Bring me back to the days before the internet. Please.

I'll forget this thread ever existed.

Somewhere along the lines things took a turn for the worst

But even as a child I knew I would be destined to a life of wizardry

I had reoccurring dreams that I didn't understand until I turned 18

I keep thinking that I could have avoided this, but the truth is... There is no escaping your genetic destiny

That's the issue I somewhat have. Unlike you, I didn't paint the bad memories as good or whitewashed them. I still remember them exactly how they played out and I hate remembering those times over the others I really enjoyed. Like my times with video games as you mentioned. I remember the bullies from as early as kindergarten and 1st grade and how the teachers were dicks to me. Can't whitewash those.
Brutal. Do the same, but due to copes (like TV series and video games) I would still consider it the happiest time in my life. Also was energetic/motivated when shit happened to me.
Same with me. I also really don't care to deal with people my age honestly. I think even online, like even right here on the forums, I talk to people younger than me. I don't have most of the same interests as people my age. So why should I care about them? I can talk to old people just fine in their 50s and onward. I can talk to people just fine in their 20s and lower. Those around my age group, I just can't.
Same. I had the best connections in my life to people younger than me and people older than me (back when I was a teenager). Nowadays I don't interact with most people (not considering the Internet).
This is actually one reason I've never really gone back to visit old places I've had fond memories of. It would probably kill me to see all the places, stores, arcades, and such just gone. I couldn't handle it.
Brutal.
Can you elaborate on this one? I'm just curious as I don't think the laws have done much to destroy things I like.
I was/am a fan of fish/reptiles/amphibians. Back in the day you saw everything in the shops - especially predatory fish. Most of them are now illegal in the EU (especially all snakeheads which were among my favorites although most of them aren't invasive). Many turtles too. In parts of my country many other fish species (like moray eels/lionfish/etc.) are also illegal for private keepers (they always were to some degree, but nobody cared). Nowadays it's different, a few years ago I walked into a shop and saw snakeheads/pufferfish/tigerfish/moray eels/lionfish/etc., nowadays I see guppies/neons (basically only the same shit).

In almost all shops you also see no reptiles/amphibians anymore, because PETA/other organisations managed to bully most shops into giving up the selling of reptiles/amphibians (without even having to change a law, solely by intimidating them and these spineless cuckolds bowed before them). Furthermore, other laws completely outlawed the keeping of certain animals in my country (like for example relatively harmless opisthoglyphous snakes in NRW).

Then you also have the mainstream media making propaganda against animal keepers (even with financiation from the public), positive lists (which would completely outlaw the keeping of everything that isn't a mainstream animal) are also in discussion again; almost all parties want to destroy us from the right to the left. COVID has also destroyed many zoos/aquariums/shops irreversibly and due to it the biggest event/meeting in that regard also was destroyed. And the worst thing: For the younger generation this state of cuckery is the status quo. So they didn't even have the opportunity to enjoy the freedoms I enjoyed a few years ago - and they won't stop with that. We witness the last days of freedom for herpetologists/ichthyologists and hobbyists in that regard.

And this is even the status without taking the self destruction of the hobby into account: Nowadays people breed colour morphs and other morphs (like scaleless for example), the variety/diversity of species decreased and the original purpose was abandoned. So nowadays you most of the time don't see something new/different, but rather the same shit painted in a different colour. TL; DR: It's over.
Yes, even video games because not all games are trash these days. Most are, but not all of them.
Completely agree.
Also me. I don't belong in this era. I want to go back to the 80s and 90s. That's where I belong. Not here. I'm a foreigner at this age. This is not the place for me. I want to go back.
I really don't need the internet so I can easily go back and live without it. Bring me back to the days before the internet. Please.
Couldn't have said it better. The Internet failed its original purpose anyways due to more and more censorship - with the technocrats/monopolists that just say "We don't have to provide a necessary ressource to you if we don't like you!" and with laws (like the NetzDG in my country).
I'll forget this thread ever existed.
Brutal. Why?
Somewhere along the lines things took a turn for the worst

But even as a child I knew I would be destined to a life of wizardry

I had reoccurring dreams that I didn't understand until I turned 18

I keep thinking that I could have avoided this, but the truth is... There is no escaping your genetic destiny
Hiroshima Nagasaki Blackpill Post

Last edited:
I was/am a fan of fish/reptiles/amphibians. Back in the day you saw everything in the shops - especially predatory fish. Most of them are now illegal in the EU (especially all snakeheads which were among my favorites although most of them aren't invasive). Many turtles too. In parts of my country many other fish species (like moray eels/lionfish/etc.) are also illegal for private keepers (they always were to some degree, but nobody cared). Nowadays it's different, a few years ago I walked into a shop and saw snakeheads/pufferfish/tigerfish/moray eels/lionfish/etc., nowadays I see guppies/neons (basically only the same shit).

In almost all shops you also see no reptiles/amphibians anymore, because PETA/other organisations managed to bully most shops into giving up the selling of reptiles/amphibians (without even having to change a law, solely by intimidating them and these spineless cuckolds bowed before them). Furthermore, other laws completely outlawed the keeping of certain animals in my country (like for example relatively harmless opisthoglyphous snakes in NRW).

Then you also have the mainstream media making propaganda against animal keepers (even with financiation from the public), positive lists (which would completely outlaw the keeping of everything that isn't a mainstream animal) are also in discussion again; almost all parties want to destroy us from the right to the left. COVID has also destroyed many zoos/aquariums/shops irreversibly and due to it the biggest event/meeting in that regard also was destroyed. And the worst thing: For the younger generation this state of cuckery is the status quo. So they didn't even have the opportunity to enjoy the freedoms I enjoyed a few years ago - and they won't stop with that. We witness the last days of freedom for herpetologists/ichthyologists and hobbyists in that regard.
What the fuck? That's insane.
Okay, wait, what exactly do they sell that PETA allow? I'm guessing just the typical shit of either birds, cats, and dogs? Or maybe not even birds.

What the fuck? That's insane.
Okay, wait, what exactly do they sell that PETA allow? I'm guessing just the typical shit of either birds, cats, and dogs? Or maybe not even birds.
Everything except reptiles/amphibians at that point. Dogs/cats can't be sold in stores either due to emotional problems it would cause for the animal, you have to buy them from private breeders (which isn't something bad, because dogs/cats are often bought by children/teenagers otherwise, which isn't the case for most reptiles/amphibians which are enjoyed by older and more educated/responsible demographies in my country) - a dog/cat is also far more demanding than a fish/reptile/amphibian too.

The fact that they stopped selling reptiles/amphibians in shops is shitty and an impudence that shouldn't be tolerated, but if the private keepers were at least safe like if it was for dogs/cats it would still be more tolerable, but they aren't safe and get constantly attacked by the media/politicians/etc. Also: The shops sell stuff necessary for keeping dogs/cats, why most stuff necessary for keeping reptiles/amphibians isn't sold by them anymore (at least in the zoo shops in my vicinity).

I only really have nostalgia for videogames, music and some movies

Brutal. Do the same, but due to copes (like TV series and video games) I would still consider it the happiest time in my life. Also was energetic/motivated when shit happened to me.

Same. I had the best connections in my life to people younger than me and people older than me (back when I was a teenager). Nowadays I don't interact with most people (not considering the Internet).

Brutal.

And this is even the status without taking the self destruction of the hobby into account: Nowadays people breed colour morphs and other morphs (like scaleless for example), the variety/diversity of species decreased and the original purpose was abandoned. So nowadays you most of the time don't see something new/different, but rather the same shit painted in a different colour. TL; DR: It's over.

Completely agree.

Couldn't have said it better. The Internet failed its original purpose anyways due to more and more censorship - with the technocrats/monopolists that just say "We don't have to provide a necessary ressource to you if we don't like you!" and with laws (like the NetzDG in my country).

Brutal. Why?

Hiroshima Nagasaki Blackpill Post
No no it wasn't bad. I was just being a dick about the whole nostalgia thing.

@anon1822 tier post, agepill is the most brutal one, especially when you're a loser, past makes me sad, very sad, I can't find joy in this, knowing that your formative years are long gone, you lose motivation/interest and life becomes numb, maybe I feel like this because I didn't live a fulfilling life, I feel like a child too, I can't believe I'm not 14, I don't feel like I belong this age, nor this date jfl it's 2021.

I don't see a point to improvemaxx, how can you deal with this, I wonder, or can you, can you find motivation, I can't ignore that soul-crushing fact, we're not teenagers anymore and our past wasn't fulfilling.

No no it wasn't bad. I was just being a dick about the whole nostalgia thing.
Thanks for clearing it up, man. Thought I posted something even more cringeworthy than my usual stuff.
@anon1822 tier post, agepill is the most brutal one, especially when you're a loser, past makes me sad, very sad, I can't find joy in this, knowing that your formative years are long gone, you lose motivation/interest and life becomes numb, maybe I feel like this because I didn't live a fulfilling life, I feel like a child too, I can't believe I'm not 14 I don't feel like I belong this age, nor this date jfl it's 2021.

I don't see a point to improvemaxx, how can you deal with this, I wonder, or can you, can you find motivation, I can't ignore that soul-crushing fact, we're not teenagers anymore and our past wasn't fulfilling.
Brutal, same here. Wonder what happened to anon1822, I miss him so much, I hope he (and everyone else here) gets all the luck in this life, no matter where he is now, I hope he found happiness. Wish accension on everyone here.

Thanks for clearing it up, man. Thought I posted something even more cringeworthy than my usual stuff.

Brutal, same here. Wonder what happened to anon1822, I miss him so much, I hope he (and everyone else here) gets all the luck in this life, no matter where he is now, I hope he found happiness. Wish accension on everyone here.
More brutality of agepill, anon1882 is gone too, can't forget his posts, hey, at least we're building memories unironically.
I think you missed my question at bottom, basically how can you cope with lost years?

More brutality of agepill, anon1882 is gone too, can't forget his posts, hey, at least we're building memories unironically.
I think you missed my question at bottom, basically how can you cope with lost years?
Have sadly no answer myself. Mostly work because my living situation forces me to work, I mostly motivate myself by the stuff I like to see/do which costs money.

Have sadly no answer myself. Mostly work because my living situation forces me to work, I mostly motivate myself by the stuff I like to see/do which costs money.
Brutal, I don't even want to waste money, all I want is just LDAR