Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Nvidia CEO argues we should stop teaching kids how to code

AI will steal all jobs at this rate

this chink invented my Graphics Card

Joe Biden Good Luck GIF by The Democrats

AI is gonna be a nightmare for proletariat.

By 2030 humanity will be obsolete. No point in teaching your kids anything.

I've noticed that the typical reply to this is that the actual programming is the lowest level of programming as such, and that it's the software design and planning that's the most important part and it doesn't matter whether the codemonkeys making the code they are ordered to make are human or AIs. Still sounds like a cope to me, but there is something of a point.

And anyway:

AI will steal all jobs at this rate
Yup. And it's coming even faster than the AI researchers themselves predicted. Just last year, thousands of AI researchers, when surveyed, answered that there's a 50/50 chance that all labour will be automated by 2170. Now, just a year later, they are saying it will happen 50 years earlier, in 2120:feelsjuice:.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS_iSrmCH5c

Yup. And it's coming even faster than the AI researchers themselves predicted. Just last year, thousands of AI researchers, when surveyed, answered that there's a 50/50 chance that all labour will be automated by 2170. Now, just a year later, they are saying it will happen 50 years earlier, in 2120:feelsjuice:.
Goodness gracious...

What do you prescribe? What are your thots on this?

Copium to hype up AI, but I need this message to proliferate because I want less competition. Hopefully this argument makes it up to Congress and we can use this as an excuse to cut H1Bs, TNs, etc. so my wages can skyrocket.

Goodness gracious...

What do you prescribe? What are your thots on this?
No idea, I'm just enjoying the show so far. I mean, I don't see any other possibility than some kind of a UBI being implemented, one way or another. I can imagine that a lot of jobs will survive despite becoming meaningless out of simple inertia and the inability to imagine a radically different system. If that happened, I can imagine "work"places becoming just something where normies go to socialize with other normies in exchange for getting more money than they'd get just from the UBI, while the AIs do everything important.

Whatever happens, we'll probably be the last generation that will truly know what hard work is. Interesting position to be in, isn't it:waitwhat::forcedsmile:?