Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming PC building: case fans is an overrated topic

iblamemyself

iblamemyself

Overlord
★★★★★
Normies are obsessed with airflow in the computer case, but they overrate its importance.

The only thing that case fans must accomplish is getting hot air out of the case and fresh air into the case.

My case has two exhaust fans at the top and that’s it. There is an intake fan in the front, but I only plug it in when I want to get more fresh air to the GPU, but even that is actually not necessary, because the GPU itself has fans. And honestly, just one exhaust fan would also do the trick.

Components overheating to the point where the pc has to shut down is super rare, even with poor air flow.

Yet, normies build crazy pcs with like 3 case fans in the front and 2 in the back. It’s loud and accomplishes nothing. I guess it’s all marketing. Companies want you to spend a bunch of money on a bunch of fans, preferably with crazy rgb effects. It’s all show.

The most important and hottest part in the pc is the CPU. This one deserves more attention. Don’t shy away from putting a big cooling unit with a 140mm fan on it. Totally justified and necessary for a silent build.

Other than that, the more case fans you have, the louder your system becomes. Case fans do not improve the performance or the longevity of your pc.

I think it’s something easy to implement (plug them in and screw into the case) and makes people feel good about themselves that they’ve done something complex or that involved some kind of engineering.

@ 4:00 Bitfenix makes really good cases, but the vents are often blocked by the plastic panels. You have to cut plastic pieces away first, then you have a very high-quality case.

I think it’s something easy to implement (plug them in and screw into the case) and makes people feel good about themselves that they’ve done something complex or that involved some kind of engineering.
Building a pc is very satisfying.

I have gt1030 with watercooling
Good stuff, but this card could probably play most modern games without watercooling.

i still have my shitty silent base 600 and its temperatures are pretty decent. I added 4 140mm fans on top of the 2 120mm already built into the case (3 intake, 3 exhaust). Ill build a new PC with a better case once they announce Forza Horizon 6.
On my CPU (5600x) with 4.6ghz. I use the arctic freezer e34 duo and it doesnt go over 70c in blender

I have 3080ti that runs at 50c in 1440p ultra non watercooled, I applied some based thermal paste on the chip and blow the dust out once a year

Air flow is important, hot components don't reach the advertised clock speeds and can throttle. Their is the noise level factor too, small fans at high rpm are nosier then large fans at lower rpm. Failure rates of components incrases with higher heat. Case design is a major factor in making efficient airflow in a case and lowering noise/heat levels.

Since when normies are obsessed with building PCs?

i still have my shitty silent base 600 and its temperatures are pretty decent. I added 4 140mm fans on top of the 2 120mm already built into the case (3 intake, 3 exhaust). Ill build a new PC with a better case once they announce Forza Horizon 6.
On my CPU (5600x) with 4.6ghz. I use the arctic freezer e34 duo and it doesnt go over 70c in blender
That’s a lot of fans, but it’s a powerful system. I’m still enjoying older games, emulators etc. I tried out the latest Forza Motorsport and it’s alright, but nothing special.

I have 3080ti that runs at 50c in 1440p ultra non watercooled, I applied some based thermal paste on the chip and blow the dust out once a year
Good maintenance. 50c is no problem for the GPU. I still have a 1080 gtx, can play anything.

Air flow is important, hot components don't reach the advertised clock speeds and can throttle. Their is the noise level factor too, small fans at high rpm are nosier then large fans at lower rpm. Failure rates of components incrases with higher heat. Case design is a major factor in making efficient airflow in a case and lowering noise/heat levels.
I think case design is more important than the fans. The airflow must not be blocked by cables or anything else.

I tried out the latest Forza Motorsport and it’s alright, but nothing special.
yeah i play that too but it sucks compared to Gran Turismo 7

yeah i play that too but it sucks compared to Gran Turismo 7
GT7 is well done, it even has a pseudo storyline. Motorsport is like all the other Motorsports.

I assume they are.

From what I have seen normies still are buying systems from shit OEMs like HP, Dell, Acer or system integraters like ibuypower, origin pc, maingeer, cyber power pc. I think most of the "gaymen" market does not care to make custom assemblies.

I just PC build not to game but for the fun of it.