Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment Poll: How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

How many hours of sleep do you get a night (average)?

• 0-3 hours

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 3-5 hours

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • 5-7 hours

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • 8+ hours

Votes: 11 39.3%

• Total voters
Darth_Aurelius

Darth_Aurelius

Captain, Incel Protection Force
★★★
Any other insomniacels out there? I typically average around 6-7 hours of sleep at most but when I'm experiencing anxiety or going through a manic episode, my nightly sleep is severely curtailed and I may be luck to get 4 or 5 hours.

NEET so I get as much as I want

6-7 hrs when i have to work the next morning. 8-9 hrs when i don't have to work. Just having a job and waking up to an alarm clock makes it much harder to sleep at night.

6-7 hrs when i have to work the next morning. 8-9 hrs when i don't have to work. Just having a job and waking up to an alarm clock makes it much harder to sleep at night.
Yeah I have exactly the same problem. I actually requested that my employer avoid making me come to work in the morning because I know how much that causes me anxiety throughout the night and prevents me from actually getting sufficient sleep to be minimally functional during the day and on the job. I've actually thought about trying to get a medical diagnosis so that I can be regarded as having a disability due to severe insomnia which would allow me to get special consideration from employers when it comes to scheduling preferences.

Its been 6-7 for a bit for me because my body wakes me up early in the morning as if I have to go wageslave which I have not for awhile I am NEET

I get 3-5 hours which is why I always feel like shit.
I have the same experience whenever I get less then 6 hours of sleep. It also depends on the quality of the sleep however since 6 hours of really good, deep and restorative sleep is superior to 7 hours of restless sleep that is continuously interrupted by waking up throughout the sleep cycle. I happen to be an extremely restless sleeper and usually wake up about a dozen times over the course of however long I'm laying in bed for.

Idk I sleep during the day

Its been 6-7 for a bit for me because my body wakes me up early in the morning as if I have to go wageslave which I have not for awhile I am NEET
Yeah, I have that problem as well since I do occasionally work on a part-time and seasonal basis which necessitates that I wake up early and as such, my circadian rhythm and internal body mechanisms are conditioned to involuntarily cause me to wake up, regardless of whether I actually have to get out of bed and do anything. I've noticed that taking Benadryl does alleviate this particular problem however.

Yeah, I have that problem as well since I do occasionally work on a part-time and seasonal basis which necessitates that I wake up early and as such, my circadian rhythm and internal body mechanisms are conditioned to involuntarily cause me to wake up, regardless of whether I actually have to get out of bed and do anything. I've noticed that taking Benadryl does alleviate this particular problem however.
It would be fantastic if there was a way to control our own sleep for set times that shit would be revolutionary

It would be fantastic if there was a way to control our own sleep for set times that shit would be revolutionary
Yeah like just take a pill that would magically induce sleep for a particular time interval but that would also ensure that you could wake up at whatever time you needed to. That is the problem with most of the prescription stuff out there on the market in that it has all sorts of debilitating side-effects which really cancel out the advantages that it confers by enhancing the quality of sleep. Even otc shit like Nitequill will cause you to be all discombobulated and quasi-hung over the next morning.

I sleep 1 hour every day
Are you serious? If that is true, then how are you even able to function (think, speak, have energy to walk around, etc.)?

i used to sleep 4 hours , from 1 am to 5 am in order to arrive at my shit mcdonalds job
i quit last monday so im trying to recover my sleep , taking a nap in the afternoon from 4 pm to 6pm and then at night sleeping from 12am to 7am

it's either 6h or 11h

I sleep too much

I try to go bed at 9 or 10, but I sometimes would be awake till 4 in the morning. I fall asleep at 4 then wake up at 9:30.

Yeah like just take a pill that would magically induce sleep for a particular time interval but that would also ensure that you could wake up at whatever time you needed to. That is the problem with most of the prescription stuff out there on the market in that it has all sorts of debilitating side-effects which really cancel out the advantages that it confers by enhancing the quality of sleep. Even otc shit like Nitequill will cause you to be all discombobulated and quasi-hung over the next morning.
jfl I woke up at 7:30am again but this definitely beats side effects of a medication, I try to avoid medication where possible

Insomnia is a bitch. It may sound like a meme but I also have semi-frequent nightmares about my childhood. I hate sleeping

I go to bed at 5 am and wake up whenever I feel like it