Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Prepping for Civilisation Collapse or Totalitarianism

CrackyChanFan

CrackyChanFan

Self-banned
-
I have recently become curious about prepping; the process of making preparations for a possible catastrophic disaster by doing things like stockpiling food, having a remote shelter somewhere, learning key survival skills like permaculture, hunting and fighting.

Maybe it’s autistic stupidity but looking at the trajectory the world is on it seems like civilisation is increasingly fragile.
1) Many nations (including my own) are now increasingly dependent on importing energy resources, food and other necessities using global supply chains. When covid and the Ukraine war shut those down, shit got expensive. Inflation in the U.K. right now is fucking awful. Life is shit in the U.K., but it could get much shitter if some major event were to shut those global supply chains down completely. We are fragile.
2) Birth rate collapse and the resulting ageing populations. Many countries simply cannot function with such a large portion of their population retired and old. Japan will simply go bankrupt because they won’t be able to afford it eventually. Not enough younger people to work and pay tax.
3) Ecological collapse. Not just climate change but more serious stuff like declining number of key species in food chains. Amazon being burned. Ocean acidification. Meeting permafrost in Russia releasing methane.

So to deal with this I figure that one would need to be able to get out of major cities (there would be crime and insane chaos). To succeed, you would need to live in a rural community, be self sufficient in your food supply, be able to defend yourself and your property with weapons. Etc…

Anyone else into prepping?

Of course, when shit hits the fan in terms of global supply chain shut downs, birth rate induced economic collapse, and environmental catastrophe, the main thing we would have to worry about would be the government and other humans.

A massive shift towards totalitarianism due to dependency on the government, like with Venezuela after their collapse, is more concerning than the actual crisis.

Being in a remote community, perhaps somewhere in the Lake District, growing potatoes and other fruits and vegetables. Stay under the radar. Problem is land is so expensive in the U.K.

I have a distinct respect for skilled manual professions like plumbers, carpenters, electricians, builders, welders and some machinists.

It one of my regrets I didn’t go down one of these career paths. These low tech skills are actually the most important and useful. I feel like I should try to go on a course or something if I can afford it.

Would you say its worse in the UK than western europe or around the same

Would you say its worse in the UK than western europe or around the same
Germany has massive problems at the moment due to being formerly very dependent on Russian oil and gas.

Despite this, the U.K. for a while was the only developed country not to be able to recover from covid financially.

The U.K. is also culturally completely messed up.

Economically speaking the U.K. is very dependent on the economic activity of London. We massive de-industrialised in the 70s and 80s; Maggie Thatcher put a lot of northern town in ‘managed decline’ but her right wing neoliberal economic policy helped make London a global financial and banking centre. British doesn’t do much manufacturing anymore. We rely on financial services which are all based in London.

As well as being much wealthier, London is also filled with foreigners. It is half foreign born. Tonnes of rich foreigners like Saudis and Russians. Poor, working class, and middle class immigrants or children/grandchildren of immigrants as well.

As a result, the culture of London is radically different to the rest of country. Profoundly so. People talk about the ‘London Vibe’. Everywhere in England was majority pro Brexit except London which was heavily pro Remain. Some blue pulled American expat described the U.K. as ‘A first rate world class city with a third rate country attached.

The further you get out from London the whiter people get, the poorer, the older, and the fatter and unhealthier. This is one of the cultural tensions behind Brexit.

Since 1066, England has been a heavily class divided society (French speaking aristocrats and Anglo Saxon peasants). The way the class culture of white English people works now is like this:
White Working class: Stupid as fuck and lazy. Anti-intellectual culture and more dependent on the welfare state. The kids don’t give a fuck about school and act like animals in class. More patriotic and nationalistic though. More socially conservative. However football hooliganism and alcoholism is the stuff of their patriotism.
White middle class: More intelligent and better behaved but fucking weak and boring. Adopt social progressive views as a way of differentiating themselves from the lower classes. Anti-patriotic and now pretty woke because they think it is the ‘correct’, ‘kind’ and intelligent thing. Terrified of being called racist. Usually a bit embarrassed to be English and think flying and English flag is racist.
White upper class: The kind of people who send their kids to elite boarding schools. No sense of noblesse oblige. Just pure self interest since the Thatcher era. No genuine patriotism.

That’s not even going into the cultural divisions of Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.
Basically, the only socially conservative white English force comes from the stupidest, laziest, most degenerate and most powerless section of English society in the U.K.
Issues in Scotland and NI are too deep to go into here.

White Working class: Stupid as fuck and lazy. Anti-intellectual culture and more dependent on the welfare state. The kids don’t give a fuck about school and act like animals in class. More patriotic and nationalistic though. More socially conservative.
Are poor/working class ppl really like this bad in the uk, in my country this description would be considered underclass, a pathology that everyone including the working class hates.

Are poor/working class ppl really like this bad in the uk, in my country this description would be considered underclass, a pathology that everyone including the working class hates.
Well except the patriotism, patriotism is common here, especially among poorer men.

Sadly during and after the Thatcher years a lot of the working classes just descended into a underclass mentality when the strength of unions were crushed.

Sadly during and after the Thatcher years a lot of the working classes just descended into a underclass mentality when the strength of unions were crushed.
I agree lad. Particularly those in Belfast, Birmingham and the entirety of Norfolk.
I would hate to be a teacher in modern era. If I were one, I'd want to have a support network like here or on discord or something.

The sad thing is that a lot of people fake their class upbringing now. Pretend to be working class. So in adult life its hard to tell. Not that I talk to many people anyway.