Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Starfield, did anyone here play?

Incel doomer

Incel doomer

Officer
★★★★★
Did you like it?

screw modern gayming

Will get around to it eventually :feelsjuice:

I did play it for a couple dozen hours. Not good.
The game said it was open world. Its not. You get cutscenes that you watch. Loading screens essentially of you landing and taking off. You dont get to explore space. You literally fast travel to a planets atmosphere, fiddle around with the shitty UI to find the landing zone, and watch a loading screen. super.
The AI treats you like an actual retarded baby. One of the followers sarah is the worst of this. Not even a mommy in a good way a mommy as in a helicopter parent who watches your every move and BITCHES about EVERYTHING
the game is not fun. I wish it was skyrim in space, its not. the game is so fucking bad I wish I had more words for it, but I dont. Just unfun, ugly, not enough cool weapons and armor, what you get is just blocky looking recolors of all the same armor. The enemies are boring bullet sponges on a harder difficulty than baby mode medium, and the quests dont grab me. There is no consequence to anything. You can be a space pirate and literally be hired to be a space cop at the same time. I wish it had any sort of depth to it, but its about as shallow as a puddle. Fuck that game, dont get it.
If you want an open world space game star citizen is good in the freedom aspect but lacking in the polish.
If you want a linear story space game that bores you to tears and treats you like you have a mental capacity of a toaster, try whatever the shits called, star field

anything post 2015 is terrible

The game said it was open world. Its not. You get cutscenes that you watch. Loading screens essentially of you landing and taking off. You dont get to explore space. You literally fast travel to a planets atmosphere, fiddle around with the shitty UI to find the landing zone, and watch a loading screen. super.
The AI treats you like an actual retarded baby. One of the followers sarah is the worst of this. Not even a mommy in a good way a mommy as in a helicopter parent who watches your every move and BITCHES about EVERYTHING
the game is not fun. I wish it was skyrim in space, its not. the game is so fucking bad I wish I had more words for it, but I dont. Just unfun, ugly, not enough cool weapons and armor, what you get is just blocky looking recolors of all the same armor. The enemies are boring bullet sponges on a harder difficulty than baby mode medium, and the quests dont grab me. There is no consequence to anything. You can be a space pirate and literally be hired to be a space cop at the same time. I wish it had any sort of depth to it, but its about as shallow as a puddle. Fuck that game, dont get it.
If you want an open world space game star citizen is good in the freedom aspect but lacking in the polish.
If you want a linear story space game that bores you to tears and treats you like you have a mental capacity of a toaster, try whatever the shits called, star field

Did you like it?
I like it. I'm still on the Constellation quest. Ignore the other comments. Just ignore the trans or LGBT-whatever bullshit. I haven't seen any transexual, and I'm not interested in identifying any of them.

However, I suspect Ryujin Industries CEO is a transgender. HOWEVER (SPOILER), you can kill him in a quest.

Remember, it's a Bethesda Game like FO3/FO4, Skyrim, etc. It's not a space sim, I repeat.

And that's it, OP.

You've probably played the version prior to 1.7.33. All of this can be solved through modding (once Creation Kit is released).

You probably never played any modern Bethesda games after Morrowind, and I don't blame you.

Last edited:
OP, it's OK if you pirate the game for the time being. Mods have no DRM (some do. and their developers are greedy and some controversy occurs). Mods over the online shop on the menu will not work for you (cracked), although they suck, but NexusMods is where all good mods are released. Once mods are released after Bethesda releases both DLSS and Creation Kit next year (Q1), you could safely purchase it.

I'll be modding the game, too.

And open world wise, it's the Creation engine after all. It's already 20+ years old. Making a whole new in-house engine Will require many, maaany years. So, yeah.

Yes, I finished the main story a while ago. I like all the side missions and just going to random planets in my ship at the moment

And don't feel ashamed about the loading screens. If you have a normal SSD (today's standard, and they're also cheap), loading will only take 3-6 seconds.

Yes, I finished main story a whole ago. I like all the side missions and just going to random planets in my ship
Too bad we can't purchase the Trident ships. The main vendor is left with bland conversation choices. And, of course, the interior is huuuuge and Trident modules are already present on the code. You know what does that mean? That luxury spaceyard will be available on a DLC. Mark my words.

anything post 2015 is terrible
Software engineering gets very complicated when you're working on an old-ass engine from Morrowind times. You fix one bug, and some quests or NPCs might get broken in some specific stage.

Community Patch project is an example. It'll take many iterations once we receive a stable update with very few noticeable glitches. I still remember Fallout 4 on its early days in 2015.

Bethesda will probably never optimize (it's engine-related, most probably) any major city precombines. You'll have to wait next year once some modder tweak them.

Last edited:
wish I had more words for it
Have you ever played 2012's Skyrim first versions on PC? I felt the same way with certain things or NPCs. Now, we have SSE and it feels noticeably different to me.

screw modern gayming
I didn´t even play Elden Ring yet, let alone this soyence tranny fest glitch ridden BOORING spectacle known as Soyfield.

NFS Most Wanted, Carmageddon 2, Re-Volt, Gran Turismo 6, American Conquest, Cossacks.
~All the games i need to feign in my attempt for serious Archaic Stimulus.
--Simulating The INSANE.

You've probably played the version prior to 1.7.33. All of this can be solved through modding (once Creation Kit is released).

You probably never played any modern Bethesda games after Morrowind, and I don't blame you.
the boring story and shitty characters cant be fixed with modding. I just travel alone because of how annoying they are. Dont even play the game anymore tbh :feelsjuice:
and i've played plenty of bethesda games lmao i'd rather play fallout 3 for the rest of my life than play starfield for another hour. 3 isnt even my favorite one either. New vegas (which i know isnt bethesda, but its virtually 3, just superior in every way) is the better game out of anything in bethesdas catalog.
You're right i probably haven't played the 1.7 update but at this point i simply dont care. The game is devoid of life and whatever there is its shallow and unfun. Neon was supposed to be a massive crime-riddled cyber punk-esqe city. You get none of that lmfao its so boring and watered down just like everything else in the game.
i wanted to be a space gun slinger on the wrong side of the law. Nope im some faggy space museum curator playing retard put the puzzle piece back together. Who gives a flying fuck? The game forces you down a path of goody-two shoes because you cant even kill half of the gay population. The 10% of people you can kill you cock riding body horror followers whine and bitch.
"just so you know, I am here for exploration. I am not your mom and I dont care how you live your life."
>sarah then proceeds to cry because i stole food WHICH DOESNT EVEN DO ANYTHING or I chose to kill a bandit or whatever.

Have you ever played 2012's Skyrim first versions on PC? I felt the same way with certain things or NPCs. Now, we have SSE and it feels noticeably different to me.
i played skyrim day one on xbox and several times now on pc. It feels like how it felt back then even today. Its just when i mod it i can make it look a bit better. sure i can add quests, armor and weapons, houses followers whatever you want but at its core its still the same skyrim that they've been selling for 10+ years. Skyrim is 1,000,000x better in every single way than starfield ever could hope to accomplish. and again, new vegas still blows everything bethesda could even dream of out of the water. By miles.

Last edited:
>sarah then proceeds to cry because i stole food WHICH DOESNT EVEN DO ANYTHING or I chose to kill a bandit or whatever.
We'll probably get a Pirate companion in future DLCs.

Neon was supposed to be a massive crime-riddled cyber punk-esqe city. You get none of that lmfao its so boring and watered down just like everything else in the game.
Neon is just a very small city limited within a minuscule water platform.

Neon is just a very small city limited within a minuscule water platform.
yeah, im well aware :feelskek:
much like every city they made. meaning the other 2 cities new atlantis is tiny just split by a monorail, i mean a loading screen.
akila city is just as big as neon, which is to say not big at all.
what surrounds it is just dust.
what surrounds neon is just water
and you're walled in new atlantis but if you get out all it is is more wasteland. oooooh did you find a statement to the contrary?
want to explain to me how "its not just wasteland theres other things out there to explore!!!":soy:
like what? The same copy and pasted building with braindead ai just waiting around to be shot at? epic gameplay loop there bethesda.
We'll probably get a Pirate companion in future DLCs.
hope you enjoy the: im a bad guy because im programmed to be the opposite of every other faggot in the game npc.
wonder how that will play out.
"aww im sad you didnt blow up that ship that grandma was flying"
yeah right bethesda couldnt write a compelling character if they walked through their front door with memoirs under arm.

And don't feel ashamed about the loading screens. If you have a normal SSD (today's standard, and they're also cheap), loading will only take 3-6 seconds.
the problem arent the loading screen wait times. its that it detracts from the actual game itself. why cant i land my ship myself
load screen
why cant i ride the train
load screen
can i walk in a fucking building? the witcher let us do that in 2015 bethesda
load screen
dock a ship? watch a load screen to dock. then watch a load screen getting out of your chair
then watch a load screen going into the ship
then watch a load screen coming back onto your ship
watch a load screen sitting your dumbass down because you're still playing this "game"
then watch a load screen undocking
fast travel across the galaxy because fuck actual exploration
load screen down to the landing zone because fuck flying down to a plaent
and then load screen out of your chair a-fucking-gain
then load out of your ship
fast travel to your destination
talk to cardboard that bethesda thinks passes for an npc
fast travel back to your ship (if you didnt have to already travel ((load screen)) on a monorail or another level of the place
and load screen back into your ship.

fucking EPIC gameplay, we're talking strand type gaming now boyo

hope you enjoy the: im a bad guy because im programmed to be the opposite of every other faggot in the game npc.
wonder how that will play out.
"aww im sad you didnt blow up that ship that grandma was flying"
yeah right bethesda couldnt write a compelling character if they walked through their front door with memoirs under arm.
That's why I love Bethesda games: modding.

load screen
why cant i ride the train
load screen
can i walk in a fucking building? the witcher let us do that in 2015 bethesda
load screen
dock a ship? watch a load screen to dock. then watch a load screen getting out of your chair
then watch a load screen going into the ship
then watch a load screen coming back onto your ship
watch a load screen sitting your dumbass down because you're still playing this "game"
then watch a load screen undocking
fast travel across the galaxy because fuck actual exploration
load screen down to the landing zone because fuck flying down to a plaent
and then load screen out of your chair a-fucking-gain
then load out of your ship
fast travel to your destination
talk to cardboard that bethesda thinks passes for an npc
fast travel back to your ship (if you didnt have to already travel ((load screen)) on a monorail or another level of the place
and load screen back into your ship.
Creation engine.

Creation engine.
people were pleadin for them to change for this game and they refused. you think they'll change for elder scrolls 6? my moneys on
N O

pleadin for them to change for this game
If you mean making another whole new in-house engine from the ground up, it would take many years. It's not good for investors. But, let me tell you something: I'm 100% sure Bethesda is already doing a new engine on the side.

If you mean making another whole new in-house engine, it would take many years.
kind of like the many years they had to make elder scrolls 6 :bigbrain::feelskek:

kind of like the many years they had to make elder scrolls 6 :bigbrain::feelskek:
We have no credible information about what and how Elder Scrolls VI looks like at its current development stage, besides some dubious whistleblowers.

besides bethesda isnt an indie dev studio. they have the time, the man power, and most of all the money.
they could do it, they choose not to

We have no credible information about Elder Scrolls VI, besides some dubious whistleblowers.
besides that they teased it back when fallout 4 was announced. I would wager they have started working on it, and if they haven't been building a new engine in conjunction with the games production they are as retarded as you could get
plus if todd is to be believed that starfield is 2 decades in the making, then that pretty much proves that elder scrolls 6 wont have a new engine
if starfield 2 decades in the making could make ground breaking progress
elder scrolls 6 certainly wont either.

they could do it, they choose not to
You can expect their old-ass Creation engine being left behind in around 5-10 years. It doesn't matter if Bethesda has around 500 (~150 engineers), we're talking about big and wide open-world type games. And no, I highly doubt they will rely on Epic's UE for future projects.

besides that they teased it back when fallout 4 was announced. I would wager they have started working on it, and if they haven't been building a new engine in conjunction with the games production they are as retarded as you could get
plus if todd is to be believed that starfield is 2 decades in the making, then that pretty much proves that elder scrolls 6 wont have a new engine
if starfield 2 decades in the making could make ground breaking progress
elder scrolls 6 certainly wont either.
I can't blame you with the plot thingy. Features aside, it's Bethesda. What did you expect? Modders will come on the rescue, and I'm pretty sure of it.

You can expect their old-ass Creation engine being left behind in around 5-10 years. It doesn't matter if Bethesda has around 500 (~150 engineers), we're talking about big and wide open-world type games. And no, I highly doubt they will rely on Epic's UE for future projects.
unreal engine is for amateurs i wouldnt recommend that except for bottom-of-the-barrel devs. The creation engine was severely outdated 7 years ago, another 10 of it would bury bethesda as a second rate shithouse dev. oh wait, they kinda already are. They are resting on their laurels from their previous titles, which were actually groundbreaking, not the shit they produce now. Can you seriously say a bethesda game is groundbreaking at all? like any one of them?
Like i said new vegas is my all time favorite game ever made, and even there the engine shows its age. Skyrim was never groundbreaking. Dragons got old fast as fuck and remember dragonborn dlc. They said you could ride them. Yeah nigger a little too literally, you ride this shit akin to a skyrim rollercoaster at an amusement park, its all on rails. that isnt to say skyrim is bad, just nothing to write home about
fallout 4 was utter dog shit and far harbor was the only good thing that came of their revisionist shit heap of a messy game.
nothing bethesda does anymore is of note. They are a shadow of their former studio and soyfield exacerbates that fact.
the very definition of washed up

no its buggy now

I can't blame you with the plot thingy. Features aside, it's Bethesda. What did you expect? Modders will come on the rescue, and I'm pretty sure of it.
you mention modders as if they're the end all be all saving grace. IF that is to be true then why doesnt bethesda hire them to make their game for them lmfao
which they tried
with PAID mods laugh my fucking ass OFF nigga
yeah, i agree mods are great, but its not like bethesda holds some sort of monopoly on them. Every game benefits from mods
every. single. game.
If that is the crux between good and bad. worth my time or skip
starfield is a fat fucking SKIP

with PAID mods laugh my fucking ass OFF nigga
You might be the only one who downloads mods off mods.bethesda.net. There's NexusMods and many other platforms, FYI. I guess you already know that. And the few ones who put DRMs behind their mods (Patreon paywall thingy), they're screwed and can fuck off themselves... we're not talking about EA's TS4.

You might be the only one who downloads mods off mods.bethesda.net. There's NexusMods and many other platforms, FYI.
i never said i used their shit ass paid mod system im just stating a fact that no other studio that im aware of is retarded enough to even entertain the thought let alone try it out.
might i add to a standing ovation to the gaming community. round of applause for our resident autists bethesda for doing the unthinkable.
no really, unthinkable because how could they even THINK that was a good idea.

starfield is a fat fucking SKIP
OK. Still, I suggest OP trying the game for at least a bit.

OP, do not test the game just right now. Wait for at least 1 year. Trust me.

no really, unthinkable because how could they even THINK that was a good idea.
Well, I know there are a few gullible gamers who end up paying for mods. It's business, and we all know most but all companies have and will always have greedy intentions.

OK. Still, I suggest OP trying the game for at least a bit.

OP, do not test the game just right now. Wait for at least 1 year. Trust me.
thats a compromise i can agree with. while i hate the game with a passion, i still think it does have some redeeming qualities. It looks good graphically, its a bethesda game, which when they release, is akin to a red carpet event. The mods do elevate the game and uhhhh im trying to think of other positives but not many come to mind. Its charming to see their vision of space idk lmao

but sure, ill concede that in a year, when popular mods release and fix the gay shit, add cool guns and get rid of the classic bethesda gun horror they usually come up with, and maybe they add dlc who the fuck knows.

right now, the game is a SKIP
in a year, the game is a get it on sale if you wont already pirate it.

in a year, the game is a get it on sale if you wont already pirate it.
Preferably, PC. We'll see many overhaul mods by Q2 2024. And personally, I'm just waiting for DLSS. Performance is awful on major cities due to the precombines.

Well, I know there are a few gullible gamers who end up paying for mods. It's business, and we all know most but all companies have and will always have greedy intentions.
wew lad, dont give them any kind of out with that shit. Every developer knows that they want to swindle the end user out of as much money as possible, and every consumer knows that when buying a product they are essentially signing a contract.

"I accept that your marketing has worked on me, and by buying this product i acknowledge that your further marketing will work on me and I will become a brand loyalist."
in so many words.

that being said we as the end user need to know when we are being exploited and when we are simply being sold a product.
Paid mods is simply exploitation of the work modders do for pennies, and exploitation of the gamer from a company asking for more money on a product, in this case a mod, that they in turn didnt even create. Do not give them a reason to be greedy, and dont give them an out either.

Preferably, PC. We'll see many overhaul mods by Q2 2024. And personally, I'm just waiting for DLSS. Performance is awful on major cities due to the precombines.
dlss improves everything its astounding it didnt already have it

Do not give them a reason to be greedy, and dont give them an out either.
Pirate it, wait for Steam sales (game might be GOTY, who knows), etc. But judging from what we're living in today's (((circumstances))), I wouldn't expect a price tag of around twenty dollars. Around $30, I bet.

Pirate, it. You're welcome, OP/lurker or whoever is reading this comment.

Pirate it, wait for Steam sales (game might be GOTY, who knows), etc. But judging from what we're living in today's (((circumstances))), I wouldn't expect a price tag of around twenty dollars. Around $30, I bet.

Pirate, it. You're welcome, OP/lurker or whoever is reading this comment.
yeah agreed.
i personally wouldnt condone the waste in computer space, and i have 8tb but hey, do whatever ya want i was just giving my opinions and thoughts as per @Incel doomer request

thanks for the good convo

i did and its pretty boring