Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming Tell me some disappointing games from good franchises/sagas

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I'll start saying Kingdom Hearts 3. A saga I really like but the last game while entertaining it was a disappointment. The game is too easy thanks to your OP special attacks and having lots of companions by your side. Also, the worlds are empty and underwhelming by Ps4/Xbox One standards. It was a good chance to end the story for good but nope ended with another cliffhanger.

I'll also add Zelda Skyward Sword because it could have been a really good Zelda game but it's too linear and repetitive. Game barely has exploration unlike the other Zelda games and when it does it's too easy thanks to your radar sword kek. Doesn't help either it doesn't have an open world and the hub worlds feel like pre-dungeons rather than something open.

Pokemon XY. I know some people here liked it but i really didn't.

Hero

Two last Tomb Raider games. Final Fantasy Lightning returns, XV, XVI most likely also.

Dead space 3 without a co-op buddy

Final Fantasy 6, for me...

I played it after hearing from everybody that it's one of the best games ever made, and the best in the franchise behind FF 7.

And all I can say is that I admire the game's ambition, and being ahead of its time in some ways... But I  really do not like that game. And it was a big disappointment, for me.

- No characters I like (Besides Cyan, Fretzer and Blue Mage old guy) everyone else is boring.

- The combat is slower then FF 5 (Which has lighting fast battles) just feels like a slog to play through sometimes, even if it has great mechanics, which it totally does.

- It has a inconsistent difficulty (Goes from painfully easy, to just "go fuck yourself" hard, and goes back and forth between these two)

- The whole "everyone is a protagonist" thing is simply not true (And what they have feels unfocused). When Celes and Locke are clearly the protagonists (Locke in World of Balance, and Celes in World of Ruin). One is a white knight retard (Zidane, if Zidane had no character), and the other is a female character that everyone said "strong female character, strong female character", but she's literally what she said she wasn't. A "love obsessed twit". If she remained a cool general mage, that would be another story.

- And I  hate World of Ruin (I can't stand non-linearity in  old games. It always means "Go find a guide! :feelsEhh:")

Again, totally respect it and admire it's ambition. It feels like a PS5 game on a SNES.
But to me, Final Fantasy 4 is better...

Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V from battlefield series

ME Andromeda, AC Mirage, Halo 4, and probably the future Bloodlines 2 which only shows redflags based on the development.

Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V from battlefield series
Battlefield 1 is pretty good i think. Even if not particuarly historically accurate, kek.

The command and conquer generals latest two games after zero hour. Massive disapointment

GTA. Trilogy remastered