Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The majority of Female Philosophers either exclusively or mainly study Feminist philosophy

ShadesChan

ShadesChan

Greycel
Did some self-research because I can’t find any academic research on this topic, and I doubt there is any due to the subject being touchy.

On the Wikipedia list of eminent female Philosophers, there’s about 386 entries. I looked into 50 of them (13% of them, which is a lot) randomly and looked over their published works/academic activity. Here’s what I found:

-24 studied Philosophy of Feminism almost exclusively

-9 heavily studied Philosophy of Feminism

-17 didn’t study Philosophy of Feminism.

That means 66% of female philosophers either almost-exclusively or heavily focus on Philosophy of Feminism, which is a fairly niche field of Philosophy.

On the flip-side, how many Philosophers of Feminism are male? On the Wikipedia list of Feminist Philosophers, there’s 43 entries, and I looked through every one. Literally only one is male (random Chinese philosopher from the 1700’s who was against foot binding and female infanticide). To be fair one was FtM but that seems more like a technicality.

The only logical conclusion here is that most female philosophers don’t really care about Philosophy as a whole field and are more like self-interested social activists.

Pages for the interested:

1) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_philosophers

2) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feminist_philosophers

Females care about how to gain power and oppress and humiliate males. This is a tale as old as time. When they talk about men doing stuff, they are projecting what they would do.

Did some self-research because I can’t find any academic research on this topic, and I doubt there is any due to the subject being touchy.

On the Wikipedia list of eminent female Philosophers, there’s about 386 entries. I looked into 50 of them (13% of them, which is a lot) randomly and looked over their published works/academic activity. Here’s what I found:

-24 studied Philosophy of Feminism almost exclusively

-9 heavily studied Philosophy of Feminism

-17 didn’t study Philosophy of Feminism.

That means 66% of female philosophers either almost-exclusively or heavily focus on Philosophy of Feminism, which is a fairly niche field of Philosophy.

On the flip-side, how many Philosophers of Feminism are male? On the Wikipedia list of Feminist Philosophers, there’s 43 entries, and I looked through every one. Literally only one is male (random Chinese philosopher from the 1700’s who was against foot binding and female infanticide). To be fair one was FtM but that seems more like a technicality.

The only logical conclusion here is that most female philosophers don’t really care about Philosophy as a whole field and are more like self-interested social activists.

Pages for the interested:

1) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_women_philosophers

2) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_feminist_philosophers
interesting idea for another stat to hopefully humiliate a woman with during a future discussion, thanks for putting in the effort.

When they talk, they are projecting.
Yeah, it's insane how obvious it becomes once you see it. There must be something fundamentally fucked with the female brain for this to be such an all-encompassing pattern.

interesting idea for another stat to hopefully humiliate a woman with during a future discussion, thanks for putting in the effort.
It gets funnier. The good majority of foundational Feminist thinkers that started the Philosophy of Feminism (like William Godwin, Jeremy Benthem, Marquis de Condorcet, John Neal, John Stuart Mill, etc.) were male.

Foid 'philosophers' are a meme

It gets funnier. The good majority of foundational Feminist thinkers that started the Philosophy of Feminism (like William Godwin, Jeremy Benthem, Marquis de Condorcet, John Neal, John Stuart Mill, etc.) were male.
Interesting, but not as good for an "own". Women will simply claim that this is purely a consequence of their oppression and take it as evidence of how bad their situation was, that men had to be the first to represent female interests in the public.

Interesting, but not as good for an "own". Women will simply claim that this is purely a consequence of their oppression and take it as evidence of how bad their situation was, that men had to be the first to represent female interests in the public.
To some extent that’s probably true. Most institutions of higher education in Europe barred women from attendance. Either way there was still women philosophers in the early-modern era. They were usually more into theology and/or ontology, none of them wrote about Feminism until Wollstonecraft.

The absolutely massive explosion of Feminist philosophers didn’t happen until the 20th century. Despite this, there was not much evolution in Feminism during that time relative to previous centuries. It’s also worth noting that the 21st century has been very stagnant for Feminist thought, and it appears to be regressing. Current “4th wave feminism” is really just a return to 2nd wave.

To some extent that’s probably true. Most institutions of higher education in Europe barred women from attendance. Either way there was still women philosophers in the early-modern era. They were usually more into theology and/or ontology, none of them wrote about Feminism until Wollstonecraft.

The absolutely massive explosion of Feminist philosophers didn’t happen until the 20th century. Despite this, there was not much evolution in Feminism during that time relative to previous centuries. It’s also worth noting that the 21st century has been very stagnant for Feminist thought, and it appears to be regressing. Current “4th wave feminism” is really just a return to 2nd wave.
To some extent, yeah, though that oppression itself was in parts due to the correct impression that women a) had less to offer than men when it comes to extreme intellectual outliers and that b) their present would adversly affect these exact male outliers and the integrety of truth-seeking or just the philosophical institutions in general.