Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

The Self Help Industry is proof that positive thinking, self-improvement is gaslighting

Blackpilltheorist2

Blackpilltheorist2

Self-banned
-
The market cap of the self help industry is 10.4 billion dollars.

Most of these books have the same message which is that if I think more positively and become a better/more moral person than life will become better for me.

This is bullshit.

I have realized most of the time that assuming the worst in people will save you from their worst behavior.

I remember thinking when I was in middle school "I'll have a girlfriend soon" then having the same though in hs and college.

I have never had a girlfriend.

Yet a lot of folks would say "its all about your thinking/approach selection/xyz"

In reality its personal and its about me. I am not a high value, high status man. Women and men are not interested nor respect me.

So why if I suddenly thought more positive thoughts would my life change?

I am not going to wake up tomorrow with a million dollars and a sexy gf.

One of the more notable antidotes of the ER story was his father who suffered tremendous financial failures buying him a book called the secret

only to see Elliott lose hundreds of dollars on lottery tickets. Quite Ironic.

Life makes sense only when you take the blackpill. We are a product of our genes and the environment. Our individual volition matters very little.

Stop beating yourself up over your lack of sexual success and instead enjoy the decline of society and buy copes.

they keep spreading copes to keep the non-chad docile

one of the most brutal self help pills is that most of the people buying that shit are repeat customers. which means they aren't actually being helped or having their situation improved.

it makes sense as to why. most of it is broscience "dude just trust me shit" that works for chads so people assume it will work for everyone else. i mean ffs there are actually mfers that think they will get a gf if they stop masturbating

Andrew Tate self help

Trying to feel better with just positive thinking has a major problem (I just recycled another post of mine because it also fits well here): we cannot trust that way on positive affirmations or positive thinking in themselves because we get emotionally hurt when this positive thinking crash with reality. It's like when I was in the university here in Colombia (studying systems engineering) and I couldn't stand making the homework that was left by the teachers, so there was a period when I tried to whitstand homework by affirming myself that "I am a very studious person". Well, that didn't work and I became a dropout some years later.

The happiness industry is a cancer.

10.400.000.000 dollars for saying "just be happy bro"

Self-improvement industry is monetization of :redpill: cope. It doesnt always lead people to produce desired result in their life. But its a useful mechanism of cope to keep normies in check and remain in :bluepill: mentality, which is imperative to the stability of society and the systems within it. The fantasy of self-improvement in humans is big enough to be exploited for financial gain

Last edited:
It's just modern day snake oil.

I will never read a self-help book
I tried once. Had the feeling that i was traped in a loop. All pages having the same content but using different words.
Stop beating yourself up over your lack of sexual success and instead enjoy the decline of society
My happiest day will be the last of my life. Let caos take the world.

Good post, do buy copes brocel

The happiness industry is a cancer.
I have a retard cousin who is a rich fag, stoner and hippy and he is married almost all his books (around 20) are self help bullshit he deserves to be slaughtered man i fucking hate him