Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Blackpill The sexual revolution is a contributing factor to horror movies getting worse since the 70s / 80s

SayanimCel

SayanimCel

Blackpill active measures
Like the title says, a big reason why horror movies have diminished in quality and impact since the 70s - 90s has been the effects of the sexual revolution.

The reason behind this is that for many top tier horror movies of old the EXPLICIT horror (Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, the xenomorph from Alien, Pazuzu in The Exorcist, etc.) were inserts for more IMPLICIT aspects of horror

Freddy from the Nightmare series is probably the best example of this - EXPLICITLY he's a guy in a striped jumper and hat that slashes teens, but IMPLICITY he represents a lot of underlying fears in society surrounding things like puberty, lust, guilt, secrets, etc.

Today that has much less of an impact though, because THERE IS NO SHAME regarding anything anymore - you can't have a demonic horror icon that is a symbolical representation of whoredom or closeted sexuality, because foids don't feel scared, embarrassed, or ashamed about being open regarding these things anymore

This is probably also why cults are a lot less big than they were in the 60s and 70s, because cult leaders would often pray on the insecurities and hidden secrets of their female followers, whereas nowadays these women would just be open about their whoredom and thus a cult leader couldn't manipulate them using that secret

TLDR: Foids openly being whores now has radically altered LITERALLY ALL aspects of society to its core

I liked Hellraiser a lot. Chatterer just shows up and shoves his fingers down the girl's throat. I admire that. Modern horror movies are a snooze fest. There is next to zero deeper level of thought going on them. I really like As Above So Below because it brought back some of those horror elements that what you do on this Earth has consequences, even if no one knows about them.

I liked Hellraiser a lot. Chatterer just shows up and shoves his fingers down the girl's throat. I admire that. Modern horror movies are a snooze fest. There is next to zero deeper level of thought going on them. I really like As Above So Below because it brought back some of those horror elements that what you do on this Earth has consequences, even if no one knows about them.
Gigabased, Hellraiser is a hidden gem that many people have never heard of (compared to a lot of the other 80s classics)

Gigabased, Hellraiser is a hidden gem that many people have never heard of (compared to a lot of the other 80s classics)
Pretty sure everyone has heard of Hellraiser since Pinhead is so iconic but a lot of people don't like it for some reason. I love the pursuit of pleasure leads to suffering concept. That what you thought was heaven turns out to be hell.

Like the title says, a big reason why horror movies have diminished in quality and impact since the 70s - 90s has been the effects of the sexual revolution.

The reason behind this is that for many top tier horror movies of old the EXPLICIT horror (Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, the xenomorph from Alien, Pazuzu in The Exorcist, etc.) were inserts for more IMPLICIT aspects of horror

Freddy from the Nightmare series is probably the best example of this - EXPLICITLY he's a guy in a striped jumper and hat that slashes teens, but IMPLICITY he represents a lot of underlying fears in society surrounding things like puberty, lust, guilt, secrets, etc.

Today that has much less of an impact though, because THERE IS NO SHAME regarding anything anymore - you can't have a demonic horror icon that is a symbolical representation of whoredom or closeted sexuality, because foids don't feel scared, embarrassed, or ashamed about being open regarding these things anymore

This is probably also why cults are a lot less big than they were in the 60s and 70s, because cult leaders would often pray on the insecurities and hidden secrets of their female followers, whereas nowadays these women would just be open about their whoredom and thus a cult leader couldn't manipulate them using that secret

TLDR: Foids openly being whores now has radically altered LITERALLY ALL aspects of society to its core
Yeah your right. But I actually find older horror movies much more cheesy and fake because of the technology at the time. The sound effects and visuals feel more dull and less thrilling.

Newer horror movies are much more scarier because of the more realistic VFX and sound effects. I guess older horror movies we're better in terms of storytelling but idk about actually scaring the viewer.

Take sinister (2012) for example and compare it to scream 1996.

Lol this is actually high IQ. If anything, the real world and the beliefs of the average foid in 2022 are far scarier than any horror movie. Just look at what's happened this past week since the abortion debacle.

Loved Hellraiser too :society:

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back