Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Cope The word "cope" is misused here, it's losing its meaning.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23682
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23682

mentally crippled by lonely teen years
-
I've noticed a couple times whenever says something and another person disagrees with it, the response is "cope".

For example, I said Scott Beierle was better looking than ER, someone said "cope".

I said some reddit story was a LARP, and someone said "cope"

(that's what I can think of right now, although it's been used in situations it shouldn't have been)

A cope is supposed to be a denial of an uncomfortable truth, not some difference of opinion. Is there a consensus upon the proper usage of that word, or is it just randomly thrown around?

inb4someoneposts"cope"

The meaning of words is their use not their definition

The definition of words is still a bunch of words, ad infinitum, only use can be real

A word has meaning by definition. the definition of 'definition' is the meaning, duh!

you boat read frank in televison basket cooler

see, that above sentence doesn't make sense. Come on now don't be silly

refer to my last post

They mean to evoke the emotional reaction the word produces without checking if the definition applies. Bureaucrats tbh

yup pretty much, just like the anti-incels use with the word "entitled"

People learn words by usage, usually not reading definitions, so wouldnt suprise me some people dont know the actual definition

I've noticed a couple times whenever says something and another person disagrees with it, the response is "cope".

For example, I said Scott Beierle was better looking than ER, someone said "cope".

(that's what I can think of right now, although it's been used in situations it shouldn't have been)

A cope is supposed to be a denial of an uncomfortable truth, not some difference of opinion. Is there a consensus upon the proper usage of that word, or is it just randomly thrown around?

inb4someoneposts"cope"

Idk I feel like in both of the exmaples you mention the word is used correctly

If you believe into something thats false then you gotta be coping, theres no other explanation, its a high T way of letting someone know that you think their opinion is just that and that theyre delusional

It annoys me too, they think "cope" means "you're wrong". Which it does, but only when your misconception serves to make you feel better.

Idk I feel like in both of the exmaples you mention the word is used correctly

If you believe into something thats false then you gotta be coping, theres no other explanation, its a high T way of letting someone know that you think their opinion is just that and that theyre delusional

Cope is saying "foids aren't slutty, only a small amount are". The reason it's a cope is because we as incels don't like to hear about foids slutting with Chad when we're left out of sex.

In the case of me saying Yogacel mogged ER, why would that be cope? Why would I be upset if ER mogged yogacel?
It annoys me too, they think "cope" means "you're wrong". Which it does, but only when your misconception serves to make you feel better.

This

With all the people being banned for "low effort," I hope some of them are the low-IQ retards who just spam "cope" as a response to everything. Aside from bluepilled cucks, no one deserves a ban more than them.

This is cope 99% of the time. People can't handle reality so they cope by claiming it's fake.

you don't think that soyboy larpers exist?

It can mean instead of realizing you are a subhuman, you are thinking of something else to numb the pain. Thus, you are coping
full

With all the people being banned for "low effort," I hope some of them are the low-IQ retards who just spam "cope" as a response to everything. Aside from bluepilled cucks, no one deserves a ban more than them.

I do, but I don't like how some copers like you call everything larp because you can't handle it.

I don't call everything a larp, just some things

I remember way back when "cope" was short form for "coping mechanism", i.e. something positive you use to cope like hobbies or things you tell yourself.

That's how it should be used. But people say it when it's something that they don't agree with.

Specifically to refer to whiteknighting, male feminists, #MeToo bullshit, and all that kind of shit. Not anything Nintendo or anything people just don't like.

What about guys who talk about romantic puppy love with foids. ASS_F vents about wanting a girlfriend and people call him soy, accurate?

inb4someoneposts"cope"
Image result for when the coping is too strong

Cope, to use the word cope is in itself a cope

cope cope cope

If you wake up in the morning and don't immediately blow your brains out, you're indeed coping.