Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming The Xbox's hard drive is about half the speed of the PlayStation's

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
Crazy. What a weird bottleneck.

In every other way I can see though the Xbox has the edge.

But it means installs and game loads and stuff tend to be slow even on Series X.

But it means installs and game loads and stuff tend to be slow even on Series X.
adorable sig :feelsaww::feelsaww::feelsaww:

xbox don't have deep rock galactic

"Xbox One has slightly weaker hardware compare to PS4, thus it is cheaper to manufacturer. Microsoft is behind Sony on console install base and trying to catch up, thus the aggressive pricing. Microsoft is in better financial position compare to Sony, thus willing to take higher loss per console sold."

AKA xbox gamepass is why this is still the same

nvm they actually do :feelsrope:

PCcels win again

lol thank you ^^

I can't see yours though as I'm on mobile atm '-'
its just a quote from orthodox christian saint lul
"Pride does not allow the soul to set out on the path of faith. Here is my advice to the unbeliever: let him say, 'Lord, if you exist, then illumine me, and I will serve you with all my heart and soul.' And for this humble thought and readiness to serve God, the Lord will immediately illumine him..."
- St. Silouan the Athonite

PCcels win again
Yes my pc is mogging Right now

its good enough to run fallout, skyrim and halo so im set :feelscomfy::feelscomfy:

i don't have a Xbox so idk

its just a quote from orthodox christian saint lul
"Pride does not allow the soul to set out on the path of faith. Here is my advice to the unbeliever: let him say, 'Lord, if you exist, then illumine me, and I will serve you with all my heart and soul.' And for this humble thought and readiness to serve God, the Lord will immediately illumine him..."
- St. Silouan the Athonite

Oh nice ^^

Wholesome! :)

its good enough to run fallout, skyrim and halo so im set :feelscomfy::feelscomfy:

Yeah to be honest I'd probably still choose one over a ps5 or switch.

It's close though. And I think I'm fine with just PC anyways, at least for now!

Download that cod warzone
fps games aren't my thing, or any multiplayer games really. i'm shit at them and anytime i play my teammates always shit on me. If i do play multiplayer i make sure to have my voice changer on to appear more masc and threatening

Oh on the subject of Halo - do you find the new Cortana girl (I think she's called something else now but whatever!) kind of insufferable?

It's so odd to me how companies now inject in these woke, irritating characters that taint the experience.

Sony do it loads too of course.

Oh on the subject of Halo - do you find the new Cortana girl (I think she's called something else now but whatever!) kind of insufferable?

It's so odd to me how companies now inject in these woke, irritating characters that taint the experience.

Sony do it loads too of course.
I find all vidya foids insufferable. Especially if they don't have tits or asses.

Hm I looked into this a bit more!

Turns out that it's not that the Xbox drive is unusually slow, it's that the PS one is unusually fast.

So there we go I guess, lol

The new Ratchet and Clank game flexes the PS5 SSD

The new Ratchet and Clank game flexes the PS5 SSD

Oh in what way?

It's an interesting thing really.

I've wondered for a long time if hard drives will ever become so fast that you won't need RAM.

The line between hard drive speed and RAM capacity does seem to be blurring.

"Xbox One has slightly weaker hardware compare to PS4, thus it is cheaper to manufacturer. Microsoft is behind Sony on console install base and trying to catch up, thus the aggressive pricing. Microsoft is in better financial position compare to Sony, thus willing to take higher loss per console sold."

AKA xbox gamepass is why this is still the same
That was last generation (Xbox One and PS4). It is mostly similar now. But the difference is that the Xbox Series S is weaker than both the Xbox Series X and the Playstation 5.

That was last generation (Xbox One and PS4). It is mostly similar now. But the difference is that the Xbox Series S is weaker than both the Xbox Series X and the Playstation 5.
The series is 200 dollars less

The series is 200 dollars less
Yes it is. The Series S is cheaper than the Series X because it is less powerful and it doesn't have a disc drive in it.

why is this the case when both consoles cost about the same?

why is this the case when both consoles cost about the same?

The Series X is about £100 cheaper here in the UK.

Also I think the specs of each shine in different ways.

PCchads always win

PCchads always win

I feel like the best thing about consoles is local multiplayer. They are usually better at that than PC.

My life currently is maybe a bit quiet to benefit much from that though!

I feel like the best thing about consoles is local multiplayer. They are usually better at that than PC.

My life currently is maybe a bit quiet to benefit much from that though!
Ihave no friends to LAN gaming. I haver to play online

Ihave no friends to LAN gaming. I haver to play online

I mostly play single-player these days.

Even these can work better if there are people around on console though as you tend to be less hidden away.

Even if the only game on Xbox was Halo Infinite I think I'd still be tempted to choose it over PS and Switch, lol