Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR These reports on Silk Road's downfall and Ross Ulbricht's arrest are great entertainment

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
Wired is cucked, but these pieces on the Silk Road investigation make for riveting entertainment:

https://www.wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-1/

https://www.wired.com/2015/05/silk-road-2/

Ross grew too arrogant and lazy in the end. At some point he LDARed while his servers IP address were showing. When someone told him so, he basically ignored it.

I lold when he offered 25 million to the FBI agent who arrested him for letting him go.

Last edited:
i think i remember hearing about this. didn't he get caught because he used the same email address everywhere?

fuck dea and fbiniggers

fuck dea and fbiniggers
oh yes, tell me more, citizen- i mean, my fellow incel
Stupid fucking frog meme

i think i remember hearing about this. didn't he get caught because he used the same email address everywhere?
Yes, but that wouldn't have been sufficient in itself to arrest him. He could have claimed he had nothing to do with SR, or had created it but rapidly sold it.

The real breakthrough came when at some point, a badly configured Tor server leaked the true IP for like a few minutes. The FBI flew to an Icelandic datacenter and had complete access to the SR code/data. From this, it became extremely easy to accumulate evidence on him and setup honeypots.

Overall, Ross simply became lazy at some point. He thought that the encryption on his laptop was enough to protect him in case of real trouble. Therefore he did not spend as much time reinforcing SR security as he should have done. He had the feeling something bad was up, and during the last weeks he was apparently thinking about an escape plan, buying fake IDs and all that. The fake IDs were seized at the border unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Poobear (Lookism mod) being too lazy to continue hosting the site. Started demanding donations.

Yes, but that wouldn't have been sufficient in itself to arrest him. He could have claimed he had nothing to do with SR, or had created it but rapidly sold it.

The real breakthrough came when at some point, a badly configured Tor server leaked the true IP for like a few minutes. The FBI flew to an Icelandic datacenter and had complete access to the SR code/data. From this, it became extremely easy to accumulate evidence on him and setup honeypots.

Overall, Ross simply became lazy at some point. He thought that the encryption on his laptop was enough to protect him in case of real trouble. Therefore he did not spend as much time reinforcing SR security as he should have done. He had the feeling something bad was up, and during the last weeks he was apparently thinking about an escape plan, buying fake IDs and all that. The fake IDs were seized at the border unfortunately.
More details. He was careless about piracy and wad the weakest link.

I feel bad he got life with no parol

I feel bad he got life with no parol
It was politically necessary to set an example. Nothing scares States more than DNMs.

I hope he gets a presidential pardon someday, but that's extremely unlikely.

His only chance of seeing freedom again is escaping, or a disruptive conflict on US soil.

Last edited:
It was politically necessary to set an example. Nothing scares States more than DNMs.

I hope he gets a presidential pardon someday, but that's extremely unlikely.

His only chance of seeing freedom again is escaping, or a disruptive conflict on US soil.
What happened to his appeal and why did he put a hit on his moderator