Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media This JewTube documentary on the Titan submersible implosion generated 1.2 million views in a month

And this matters because...?

I feel honoured you remembered me.

My take is: these billionaire guys are often victims of their own hubris / hybris.

The mechanism is simple: they've lucked out big time to be in the right place and the right time, with the right set of skills and surrounded by the right friends to "game" the entrepreneurial system and become rich. If they were born in a slum of El Salvador or Haïti their "entrepreneurial drive" and "business acumen" would result in them being beheaded with a dull knife before the age of 25.

But they were not born in those places. They got lucky. But the human brain doesn't comprehend "luck", so they rationalize their own success in a tiny, highly specialized field (that has never existed half a century prior, and will probably cease to exist in 50 year time, or so --- namely, tech entrepreneurship) as "competence". They believe they're special, they're trailblazers, they are the eagles who dare see farther, they see themselves as Iron Man, "special" in all the ways they're not.

They are the moss that was bound to grow sooner or later on that rock in the middle of the river, while all around them tons of seeds fell on the water and became fish food.

Their ego and hubris results in rationalizations upon rationalizations to the fact they're growing strong in the middle of the river against all chances, but in the end, they're just moss growing where moss was bound to grow.

Luck dries up eventually and the river swallows the moss.

This has all been told thousands of years ago, in the greek myth of Icarus:

Last edited: