Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Those of you with religious parents did you inherit the faith or it made you hate it?

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I know many people became atheists because they hated doing all the religious stuff their parents forced them to do in childhood, for example going to church on Sundays or banning certain shows and videogames for being "satanic" kek. Seems more common in underdeveloped countries were religion is still somewhat important. On the other hand some are believers because they were taught to be from a young age. Personally my parents are not religious (like 90% of catholics nowadays) so can't relate.

Hate pisslam, stupid religion forces me to wake up at 4:30 am everyday jfl

I just wanna worship some big tiddy goth girls

Same with Catholic parents. I did some philosophizing and rationalizing to conclude its far better to be a Catholic than the atheist lgbt+ state worshipping alternative.

My parents are nominally catholic but I don’t know about myself at this point

My parents are secular, but they openly encourage religious exploration, both philosophically and personally.

I was always atheist. Never believed tbh