Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story Time (Poem)

• Thread starter NowItsSlimeTime
  • Start date
NowItsSlimeTime

NowItsSlimeTime

Really feeling it B)
★★★★
Inspired by this song

The time shall always run so fast,
None shall ever stay in the past
Time continues until the last
It will leave you behind so fast

The clock moves more, your hour is gone
We shall never see the new dawn
Stories told of heroes that won
Our lives rot, for now we are gone

The future is here, here at last
We would never know those that won
Their lives are theirs, we are the past
We will not see the next new dawn.

Did an extension of a ballad here (I think its just 4 lines?) The important part of a ballad is if you can sing it and if it has meter, so I focused mainly on singing it as I wrote.

Inspired by this song

The time shall always run so fast,
None shall ever stay in the past
Time continues until the last
It will leave you behind so fast

The clock moves more, your hour is gone
We shall never see the new dawn
Stories told of heroes that won
Our lives rot, for now we are gone

The future is here, here at last
We would never know those that won
Their lives are theirs, we are the past
We will not see the next new dawn.

Did an extension of a ballad here (I think its just 4 lines?) The important part of a ballad is if you can sing it and if it has meter, so I focused mainly on singing it as I wrote.
another nice one

knowing what a ballad is poemcel truetrait

am hoping forward too see more :feelsokman:

another nice one

knowing what a ballad is poemcel truetrait

am hoping forward too see more :feelsokman:
Thanks!

I appreciate it. I was originally going to do a villainelle, but decided it would be too repetitive for what I wanted to get across

Do you have any poets you recommend reading?

Do you have any poets you recommend reading?
Poets or poems? As in, do you want an author or specific types of poetry

Also, do you want them to be long or short?

Poets or poems? As in, do you want an author or specific types of poetry

Also, do you want them to be long or short?
Authors and short, maybe someone who’s poems are similar to Stephen Crane’s poems, but anything that you think is good is fine
Thanks

Authors and short, maybe someone who’s poems are similar to Stephen Crane’s poems, but anything that you think is good is fine
Thanks
One I like a lot for more short writers wouldn't fit the stephen crane vibe, but I felt it was worth pointing out; I really enjoy Isaac Asimov, who wrote a poem I pictured below

Issac asimov poem title unknown v0 705t33uotplb1

For authors specifically relating to the vibe of kind of, mysticism and escapism while also feeling trapped, and because I can't say edgar allen poe (his shit is LONG)

William Dean Howells seems like he'd be up your alley. He writes about existential concepts and is also a realist poet, like stephen crane.

If 210

I won't just give one, though, so here's another; Richard Joseph is batshit insane. He will frequently use punctuation and capitals to get his poetry across and it actually works well with what he's writing, somehow. He uses sounds and words and effects to make a really interesting feel, he will write this in depth poem about a horse then throw 'yuh' in.

I also like Plato, but I don't think he's your vibe

One I like a lot for more short writers wouldn't fit the stephen crane vibe, but I felt it was worth pointing out; I really enjoy Isaac Asimov, who wrote a poem I pictured below

View attachment 1026227

For authors specifically relating to the vibe of kind of, mysticism and escapism while also feeling trapped, and because I can't say edgar allen poe (his shit is LONG)

William Dean Howells seems like he'd be up your alley. He writes about existential concepts and is also a realist poet, like stephen crane.

View attachment 1026233

I won't just give one, though, so here's another; Richard Joseph is batshit insane. He will frequently use punctuation and capitals to get his poetry across and it actually works well with what he's writing, somehow. He uses sounds and words and effects to make a really interesting feel, he will write this in depth poem about a horse then throw 'yuh' in.

I also like Plato, but I don't think he's your vibe
Thank you