Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Trying to learn Japanese but everyone thinks it’s because I’m a retarded weeb

Nava

Nava

Self-banned
-
Taking Japanese lessons to help with my career path but people I speak to online about it always associates it with white kidstrying to understand their favorite anime or something :feelsUnreal:

Seriously, shit is annoying

dont be offended by the truth, Niko Bellic

If you didnt mention you werent a weeb Id think you were one

Respect for not doing it for "muh anime" :feelsYall:

Honestly man learning Japanese for your career seems like a waste of time. It's a very hard language, it's expensive and if you ever have to do business with Japanese people you will be better off hiring an interpreter. Japanese companies will always prefer hiring a Japanese national over a foreigner even if he speaks perfect Japanese too. Career-wise I think that the only situation where learning Japanese makes sense is if your boss told you you must relocate to Japan.

I think however that learning it as a hobby is very respectable and may even be useful someday, but to boost my career I would rather choose German (most European industry is located there therefore a big labor market) or French (easy to learn for a Spanish speaker, useful, etc.).

Honestly man learning Japanese for your career seems like a waste of time. It's a very hard language, it's expensive and if you ever have to do business with Japanese people you will be better off hiring an interpreter. Japanese companies will always prefer hiring a Japanese national over a foreigner even if he speaks perfect Japanese too. Career-wise I think that the only situation where learning Japanese makes sense is if your boss told you you must relocate to Japan.

I think however that learning it as a hobby is very respectable and may even be useful someday, but to boost my career I would rather choose German (most European industry is located there therefore a big labor market) or French (easy to learn for a Spanish speaker, useful, etc.).
Puta madre

For most places I’d be inclined to agree, but the city I live in has become extremely gentrified in the last few years and a lot of companies are moving a lot of their administrative centers here. An acquaintance of my professor says there is a demand for Japanese translators as there are not a lot of proficient Japanese/English translators over here. There are actually many Japanese students but most are going into STEM majors. Mandarin proficiency will always be #1 in terms of usefulness though

Learning Japanese is the first step to success in life, everyone knows that.