Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Typical Social Media

Outcast In The Fog

Outcast In The Fog

Always Bored
Typical social media tends to just slowly annoy you the more you look at it. The things that I constantly see on there that make me roll my eyes normally are gym videos, people drinking/partying, dumb trends, dances or comedy sketches that aren’t funny at all.

I think one of the things that annoys me the most out of those is the drinking or parties. I can’t go a day on instagram without seeing a group of people with drinks in their hands, flipping off the camera. To me that doesn’t say you’re fun and quirky, it says to me that you can’t have any fun without alcohol and that you’re so obnoxious you can’t even hide it.

Social media also causes a lot of depression in some people. Me to an extent but I try not to care about other people. Many people use social media as a way of validating their own life and trying to compare themselves to others on social media. Some people may have boring lives and having access to an outlet of pictures and videos of people having the life they want will definitely put them in a hole if they’re vulnerable enough. As well as people trying to validate their lives by how many followers, likes and comments they get. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be happy with your own life without an audience and their approval, there’s a serious problem you’re not addressing.

Quit this forum if you value your life. I wish some paragon said me this when I was a gray

Typical social media tends to just slowly annoy you the more you look at it. The things that I constantly see on there that make me roll my eyes normally are gym videos, people drinking/partying, dumb trends, dances or comedy sketches that aren’t funny at all.

I think one of the things that annoys me the most out of those is the drinking or parties. I can’t go a day on instagram without seeing a group of people with drinks in their hands, flipping off the camera. To me that doesn’t say you’re fun and quirky, it says to me that you can’t have any fun without alcohol and that you’re so obnoxious you can’t even hide it.

Social media also causes a lot of depression in some people. Me to an extent but I try not to care about other people. Many people use social media as a way of validating their own life and trying to compare themselves to others on social media. Some people may have boring lives and having access to an outlet of pictures and videos of people having the life they want will definitely put them in a hole if they’re vulnerable enough. As well as people trying to validate their lives by how many followers, likes and comments they get. I’m sorry, but if you can’t be happy with your own life without an audience and their approval, there’s a serious problem you’re not addressing.
Nah, the people in these videos aren't the ones with the problem, that's "bullies really are the ones suffering on the inside"-level cope. Validating yourself by how many people like you and want to be like you or simply watch you is completly fine/normal. We are social animals, hardwired to seek other people's approval because it really is that important for our success in life. The people that have problems are the ones looking at other people being successful online and think "how can I convince myself that the envy and sadness I'm feeling isn't because there's something wrong with me, but that there's instead something wrong with the people that are stirring these emotions in me?". The real issue being that your life isn't happy enough to compete with what social media is showing you others are living like. Not happy enough to say "well, maybe I don't have that but my life is good enough, it's fine the way it is".

I want to go out with people I like, want to go to social events without feeling out of place, want to have people I enjoy being around and who enjoy being around me, want to be attractive and social enough to get laid at random parties, want to... and so on. Not getting that or any acceptable replacement is what hurts.

Nah, the people in these videos aren't the ones with the problem, that's "bullies really are the ones suffering on the inside"-level cope. Validating yourself by how many people like you and want to be like you or simply watch you is completly fine/normal. We are social animals, hardwired to seek other people's approval because it really is that important for our success in life. The people that have problems are the ones looking at other people being successful online and think "how can I convince myself that the envy and sadness I'm feeling isn't because there's something wrong with me, but that there's instead something wrong with the people that are stirring these emotions in me?". The real issue being that your life isn't happy enough to compete with what social media is showing you others are living like. Not happy enough to say "well, maybe I don't have that but my life is good enough, it's fine the way it is".

I want to go out with people I like, want to go to social events without feeling out of place, want to have people I enjoy being around and who enjoy being around me, want to be attractive and social enough to get laid at random parties, want to... and so on. Not getting that or any acceptable replacement is what hurts.
you are a normie and it shows

you are a normie and it shows
Calling sour grapes is normie behavior. "I can't win this game.... but I didn't want to anyways, the game is stupid and anyone who enjoys it is stupid as well!"
Thinking in emotionally colored absolutes is normie behavior. Only catering to the ingroup is normie behavior. Using shaming to pressure others into agreeing with you is female typical behavior.