Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

JFL Unbelievable statistics

ControlledInsanity

ControlledInsanity

Legit NoFap World Champion AMA
★★

In descending order, the smartest sports fans in the US are:

1. Wrestling (WWE) - 112.60 IQ

2. Ice Hockey (NHL) - 112.30 IQ

3. Basketball (NBA) - 110.70 IQ

4. Football (NFL) - 105.90 IQ

5. Baseball (MLB) - 101.30

The study found NASCAR fans were the least intelligent overall, with an average IQ of just 95.20.

The study also categorised each participant by gender preferences and found that female sports fans were more intelligent than their male counterparts. Female sports fans earned an average IQ score of 109.60, while male sports fans earned an average IQ score of 105.50.

Somehow, I just can't bring myself to believe that any sports fan is anywhere north of 90 IQ. Nascar is maybe the only somewhat uninflated number. And female having a higher IQ in the same category? Pandering.

Female distribution is more narrow, male wider. Depending on if you cap the top or bottom you increase male or female average. Sport fans prob excludes the smartest of the smart, which decreases male average more than female average.

Pinning your emotional health on whether athletic tyrones deliver a ball through a target area the most times is retarded af. Sports viewership is a giant black hole trap for male energy.

"My team lost/won!!!!!" jfl your "team" that is totally fluid, has no ties to the geographic area, culture or image they claim to represent.

Thought experiment: if a team owner traded out all players with an opposing team (essentially the team names have been swapped) would you still rage on about how happy/sad you are that team A/B dunked more yards over the course of three hours?

Pinning your emotional health on whether athletic tyrones deliver a ball through a target area the most times is retarded af. Sports viewership is a giant black hole trap for male energy.

"My team lost/won!!!!!" jfl your "team" that is totally fluid, has no ties to the geographic area, culture or image they claim to represent.

Thought experiment: if a team owner traded out all players with an opposing team (essentially the team names have been swapped) would you still rage on about how happy/sad you are that team A/B dunked more yards over the course of three hours?
I don't think it's retarded. It gives you a sense of belonging, of community, and something to get invested in as a form of escapism. I think that the fans and the community are more important than the players, in my opinion. A good example is soccer, in Scotland you have the Catholic community supporting Celtic and the Protestant community supporting Rangers. In Spain Barcelona is a symbol of Catalans. I think that it's a good a cope as any
I'm speaking this as someone who doesn't follow any sports

I don't think it's retarded. It gives you a sense of belonging, of community, and something to get invested in as a form of escapism. I think that the fans and the community are more important than the players, in my opinion. A good example is soccer, in Scotland you have the Catholic community supporting Celtic and the Protestant community supporting Rangers. In Spain Barcelona is a symbol of Catalans. I think that it's a good a cope as any
I'm speaking this as someone who doesn't follow any sports

But why watch any of it then? Couldn't they just as happily check in on the ending score after all is said and done? Those who gather at sports parties for the food, drink and comradery could just as easily enjoy the event without an hours long game blasting from a nearby television set.

But why watch any of it then? Couldn't they just as happily check in on the ending score after all is said and done? Those who gather at sports parties for the food, drink and comradery could just as easily enjoy the event without an hours long game blasting from a nearby television set.
Because you're surrounded by people who share an identity with you. It's a reasonable excuse to hang out with people that otherwise wouldn't give a fuck. Makes it easier to talk to a stranger and meet someone new. Especially if you're watching it from the stadium itself

Because you're surrounded by people who share an identity with you. It's a reasonable excuse to hang out with people that otherwise wouldn't give a fuck. Makes it easier to talk to a stranger and meet someone new. Especially if you're watching it from the stadium itself

Acceptable rationale. I suppose the same can be said of churches, gamers, book clubs etc.

Maybe my beef is specifically with those who become viscerally agitated because they didn't like some outcome in a sportsball game.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back