Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media Underrated Guitar solo

dont like rush. sorry.

Btw i was wondering on your opinion @Mainländer since you are the guitar guy on this forum

The technical quality is obviously good, but in my humble opinion, there's so much going on with all the instruments and signature variations that it gets messy. I think one important thing in music is knowing when NOT to play. This is something the early Strokes albums for instance excel at. Something as simple as the bass stopping and then resuming with a simple note head straight pattern can be really powerful.

The technical quality is obviously good, but in my humble opinion, there's so much going on with all the instruments and signature variations that it gets messy. I think one important thing in music is knowing when NOT to play. This is something the early Strokes albums for instance excel at. Something as simple as the bass stopping and then resuming with a simple note head straight pattern can be really powerful.
This is considered super technical? This is part of their 80s Synth period so its meant to be more poppy.

Tbh i dislike most prog, i only like a few bands.

This is considered super technical? This is part of their 80s Synth period so its meant to be more poppy.

It's not super virtuoso 100 notes per second stuff for sure, but I mean, it's somewhat complex and well executed technically. Keep in mind my biggest influences are things like Nirvana. For me, just setting a major xx777x pattern and just going up and down the fretboard with a shitload of distortion can be an amazing solo, kek.

I dislike the 80s in general tbh, with some exceptions. It's like everyone was trying too hard back then, both with the music and with the visuals. Then the 90s came and it was like, "hey guys, this is me and this is the music I really feel like doing". And it was usually amazing.

I dislike the 80s in general tbh, with some exceptions. It's like everyone was trying too hard back then, both with the music and with the visuals. Then the 90s came and it was like, "hey guys, this is me and this is the music I really feel like doing". And it was usually amazing.
I dislike 80s glam rock, its good that grunge killed it.

I dislike 80s glam rock, its good that grunge killed it.
Agreed. Although we can be nitpicky about the term "grunge" like many are and point out that most "grunge" bands were actually significantly different from each other in some ways, I just wish sad, lo-fi, unpolished, visceral music with actual harmonies and melodies were a thing again, instead of thuggish mumble rap, amelodic copy-and-paste pop with slutty/feminist/woke lyrics and pile-driver-sounding, headache-inducing electronic music, which, as far as I was paying attention, seem to be what's popular nowadays (in general, because it's even worse in my country in particular).

Last edited: