Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting We are not on Gen Alpha, that is a bullshit meme. We're still on the Zoomer Generation.

• Thread starter FrothySolutions
  • Start date
FrothySolutions

FrothySolutions

Post like the FBI is watching.
★★★★★
I know nowadays we move through memes faster than we can make them. But Gen Alpha isn't a thing yet, stop buying the lamestream media's astroturfing campaign. We're still on Gen Z. How do I know this? Because I went on X (formerly known as Twitter) to look for the earliest mentions of Gen Z and "zoomers." That's where I go to learn when a phrase found widespread adoption. Once it hits X (formerly known as Twitter), its hit widespread adoption.

Search for ""gen z" zoomers until:2018-01-01 since:2010-01-01" and you'll find one result for June 2017. That was the very first, and only standing mention of Gen Z and "zoomers" in the same post for 2017. Search for ""gen z" zoomers until:2019-01-01 since:2010-01-01" and you'll find that the term only really started taking off in 2018.

5 years is not long enough for a new generation to come into effect. Talk to me in 2030 about Gen Alpha, and not a second sooner.

Last edited:
That's because the name "gen Z" came out very late, before that this generation was just called by many other names like "iGen" or "Post Millenials"

5 years is not long enough for a new generation to come into effect
gen z has been around since 1997 you are acting as if gen z has only been a thing since 5 years go, jfl

20 years is how long it took for a new generation to come into affect, the one in underlined.

gen z has been around since 1997 you are acting as if gen z has only been a thing since 5 years go, jfl
View attachment 1034895
20 years is how long it took for a new generation to come into affect, the one in underlined.

That's because the name "gen Z" came out very late, before that this generation was just called by many other names like "iGen" or "Post Millenials"

That's retroactive. Whatever name you wanna give Zoomers, we only started really talking about them in 2018.

That's retroactive. Whatever name you wanna give Zoomers, we only started really talking about them in 2018.
fair enough but that doesn't mean we aren't in a new generation, 1997 was when gen z began which was 26 years ago, the duration of gen Z is more than enough for a new one to start.

ok boomer
Grandpa Frothy over here lecturing us about generations based on twitter searches jfl

Idk maybe he's got a point, if im trying to critique seriously. I would be older gen Z and it seems we are just starting to hit cultural relevance, cause on the high end rn we're like 26 or 27 or 13-14 on the low end, so almost the whole generation is sentient and online and at a peak youth/culture formation stage.

Gen Alpha is just becoming old enough to consciously participate in cultural discourse, so maybe that's why theyre getting a lot of talk lately, because their identities and defining characteristics are starting to form—which just seems to be skibidi toilet rn tbh

Media talks about post-covid and tiktok, but that's zoomers who have been living through that during their teens and twenties.

Grandpa Frothy over here lecturing us about generations based on twitter searches jfl

Idk maybe he's got a point, if im trying to critique seriously. I would be older gen Z and it seems we are just starting to hit cultural relevance, cause on the high end rn we're like 26 or 27 or 13-14 on the low end, so almost the whole generation is sentient and online and at a peak youth/culture formation stage.

Gen Alpha is just becoming old enough to consciously participate in cultural discourse, so maybe that's why theyre getting a lot of talk lately, because their identities and defining characteristics are starting to form—which just seems to be skibidi toilet rn tbh

Media talks about post-covid and tiktok, but that's zoomers who have been living through that during their teens and twenties.
imo it's really weird to talk about small generations like this, when people are having kids at older and older ages, increasing the gap between "generations", it's more like there's random kids sprinkled here and there and there's not much new generation-defining events besides people being dumber and having sex at earlier ages and weird ass memes..

Gen Alpha started back in 2012, so the oldest Gen Alpha would be 12, although I don't think we can really judge them until, say, 50% of them come of age, and that's in 2037 (kids born in 2019 will turn 18 this year). We should be looking at a midway point.

God gen alpha is gonna be retarded

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back