Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

News Welcome to the NHK's end credits song lyrics is basically our anthem circa 2006

Sheogorath

Sheogorath

Paragon
★★★★★

Any other OP/ED of anime that also feel apt?

here is a bump for you sweetie!
Dog Hopping GIF

how does dog do

i liked the 2nd end theme better tbh

Great anime but slightly unrealistic that a foid was willing to help a random loser.

Great anime but slightly unrealistic that a foid was willing to help a random loser.
not that unrealistic when you dissect the details

1) dropped out of high school, has nothing to do, probably not allowed to have hobbies due to religious mom
2) religimom, pressures girl to go door to door giving out Jesus pamphlets
3) go along with mom to avoid getting evicted
4) works in a manga shop, clearly otaku
5) notices guy who answers door is fellow otaku with all his collectables
6) notices guy lives alone so she could have a place to hang out besides her mom's: clearly regardless of his employment he somehow has enough money for rent
7) guy is more educated than her, could help her study to pass HS without paying a tutor
8) guy is tall
9) guy is good looking
10) mentalceldom makes him unlikely to cheat on her and easy to shape to her whim
11) guy is likely a virgin who will bond with and worship her
12) guy's autism will probably make him a hardworking salaryman once she becomes his wife and gives him motivation to live

not that unrealistic when you dissect the details

1) dropped out of high school, has nothing to do, probably not allowed to have hobbies due to religious mom
2) religimom, pressures girl to go door to door giving out Jesus pamphlets
3) go along with mom to avoid getting evicted
4) works in a manga shop, clearly otaku
5) notices guy who answers door is fellow otaku with all his collectables
6) notices guy lives alone so she could have a place to hang out besides her mom's: clearly regardless of his employment he somehow has enough money for rent
7) guy is more educated than her, could help her study to pass HS without paying a tutor
8) guy is tall
9) guy is good looking
10) mentalceldom makes him unlikely to cheat on her and easy to shape to her whim
11) guy is likely a virgin who will bond with and worship her
12) guy's autism will probably make him a hardworking salaryman once she becomes his wife and gives him motivation to live
Is it established cannonically that he was tall and good-looking? I somehow doubt such a person would become a hermit.

Everything about his situation reeks of getting mogged so much in university (all there are Chads because it's university) that he had a panic attack and avoided going outside ever again.

But yeah this anime took place in like 2003, being otaku was nothing special. Maybe if it took place like in the 80s it would have made more sense. I still don't think it's realistic. Little girls simply don't talk to random dudes in the park, sorry doesn't happen (ESPECIALLY if she was sheltered/religious/whatever).

That's why I can't get into it. If I'm going to cope with unbelievable stuff, might as well watch something uplifting

Is it established cannonically that he was tall and good-looking? I somehow doubt such a person would become a hermit.
Although his 5'9" seems average to Americans (this is the average height of American males) it is above-average when compared to the mean Japanese male height of 5'6"

Satou
Kaoru

His friend Kaoru otoh was of average height and probably a more hardcore otaku than him, plus wore glasses.
The only thing that makes it hard to give Kaoru the incel trophy is that he has elegant bishounen-like looks and isn't ugly.
I'll let you judge: which of the two guys in this pic is the focus of the foid's attentions?
Satou I'm pretty sure has more masculine good looks compared to Kaoru.
Kneel

Height aside, as for good-looking, he certainly is when compared to other male chars in the show like Megumi's elder brother Yuuichi or left-by-his-wife salaryman Makoto Minegishi:

Yuu
Mine

Obviously they're not the worst-ever males in anime but I'm pretty sure the above guys mog them to hell. I can identify better with these two 30s-cels better than I can with the 20s-cels.

Though when NHK first came out and I watched it obviously I identified better with Satou because I didn't really process how good-looking he was.

I still don't think it's realistic. Little girls simply don't talk to random dudes in the park, sorry doesn't happen (ESPECIALLY if she was sheltered/religious/whatever).
The first time they talked wasn't in the park, she was accompanying her mother knocking on his door handing out pamphlets:

The 2nd encounter is when he goes to look for a part-time job (so people won't spread rumor he's a NEET) and it turns out the 1st ad he answers is the shop she's working at.

I just find it hard to identify with how low-inhib he is when countering her at the manga-shop, bragging about liking motorcycles and shit.

3rd "encounter" is her leaving shit at his door, knocking and running off before he can answer, which is the invitation to the park at 9pm due to being chosen as her "project"

So while it IS weird she'd invite this guy to the park at night, he's not a "random dude" at that point since she:
1) already knows where he lives​
2) knows he is looking for work​
3) knows he has an injured hand she could exploit if she needed to defend herself​

Probably could've left a note for her mom to find like "if I don't come home by 10pm, that guy with the bleeding hand in apartment B probably kidnapped me".

If nothing bad happens she'd return home and remove the note.

satou is the archetypical fakecel.

fakecel Chad """neet""" anime

she can save me
i can save her

Satou mogs me from tokyo to zagreb