Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR What it means to be in a relationship. Do we even desserve to be?

TheMinimalist

TheMinimalist

Gamercel, weebcel, gymcel.
★★
To be in a relationship with another human being. It takes a certain level of trust. For someone to let you hold their hand let alone actually put your mouths together to kiss. Sometimes I wonder if I even desserve such trust from someone and if I would be able to handle the responsibility that comes with it. I feel like love is now taken for granted and isn't given much thought. I hate it when I feel like this at the end of the week and I start having these thoughts.

I don't think that there is such a thing as romantic love between people tbh, it's just a transactional relationship like any other. But yeah I doubt that's something I'd be equipped to handle, I'm bad at socializing in general.

Thinking about what you deserve isn't terribly productive, as it's completely subjective and arbitrary, it doesn't mean anything.

Ofuckingcourse we deserve it, we deserve every bit of it but it doesn't matter anymore because the damage has been done, nothing to do but wait for death or an opportunity to rise for once, our day will come boyos.

things just happen man

If you can give it, you deserve it.

If you can give it, you deserve it.
Sounds so ideal
things just happen man
What do you mean
Ofuckingcourse we deserve it, we deserve every bit of it but it doesn't matter anymore because the damage has been done, nothing to do but wait for death or an opportunity to rise for once, our day will come boyos.
Yh I think the latter is not likely to happen
I don't think that there is such a thing as romantic love between people tbh, it's just a transactional relationship like any other. But yeah I doubt that's something I'd be equipped to handle, I'm bad at socializing in general.

Thinking about what you deserve isn't terribly productive, as it's completely subjective and arbitrary, it doesn't mean anything.
If you think like that, then pretty much nothing in life has meaning. For example, oh, what's happiness, just some electrical signals in my brain

If you think like that, then pretty much nothing in life has meaning. For example, oh, what's happiness, just some electrical signals in my brain
Depends, maybe I just value different things. Most if not all of experiences that I would say were meaningful to me were also entirely internal. As in a realization of some kind, sitting somewhere quietly enjoying a view, or just talking to my tulpa and doing things with her.

But you're right in a sense, I do think that this life is pretty meaningless. However even if emotions are just neural activity, and it makes sense deductively, there is no way for me to truly know this, that's the problem with a perceiver trying to see itself. However the issue I have with happiness in particular is that it's essentially just need fulfillment, you're measuring a reduction in some form of suffering and perceiving it as a positive. Of course this is a good thing, obviously, but it's not independently positive. The lessening of suffering is good insofar as it removes a bad, it's not truly good in and of itself, it's not an activity which could ever justify existence.