Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious What was the dumbest thing you believed as a teen?

Fontaine

Fontaine

Overlord
★★★★★
I used to believe that the way to become cool was through fashion: listening to a particular type of music, wearing a particular clothing brand.

In fact, I had it completely backwards: the music type and the clothing brand were popular because the cool kids were into it. The music type and the clothing brand were not cool in themselves; they were not artifacts bestowing coolness upon you.

It only takes a few of the coolest kids to get tired of listening to Slipknot or wearing slim jeans, and in a few weeks Slipknot and slim jeans aren't cool anymore. Ugly and non-NT teens are condemned to always be imitators and laggards, never understanding the true source of fashion.

I would never have imagined that one day, for instance, Patagonia vests would be cool in middle-class high schools. When I was younger, Patagonia or the North Face would have got you laughed out of the room. But because 2018 Chads like Patagonia, now everyone must like Patagonia.

"Just be confident and respect women and be bluepilled"

That married women are loyal.

LOL

That I was actually decent looking. This peaked around ~16/17, I used to legitimately believe that Im at worst a 6. It didnt matter that I couldnt take a single good picture, I was convinced somehow that Im better looking than most guys.

I also used to believe that I would get a gf in college.

This is a tough one considering there's so many downright retarded and autistic things I used to believe. I'd say the biggest is that my failures with women were entirely due to my behavior, not taking into account race, looks, etc.

My teenage years where so full of depression and anxiety that I don't think I actually believed anything. I remember thinking "Fuck, I am a loser if I don't get a gf by 14" then 15, then 16... The stupid thing is that I did absolutely nothing to work towards that goal.

My teenage years were really nothing more than social avoidance, I wish I could go back in time and slap my teen self and tell him to stop being such a bitch.

that it would get better

That I would have decent money by now.

just got done spending almost $1000 on new clothes. I wish I didn't read this, kek

“ just bee urself, and you’d have brauds flocking to yah brah”

That love exists. 'Love' is only possible with mutual lust, which is something only Chad can experience.

just got done spending almost $1000 on new clothes. I wish I didn't read this, kek
Brand clothing is the worst cope there is. Dressing nice is good, but you don't need brand clothing for that.

that I would get a job and meet a nice girl.

Believed that I would have a decent paying job, my own place to live and would be respected by people. gave up at 19 and now am 30.

Believed that I would have a decent paying job, my own place to live and would be respected by people. gave up at 19 and now am 30.
sorry to hear that bro

I believed that by 20yo I would have Gf a good job and about to finish college
none of this happened, 24yo now

I thought that men have it easier jfl

*Chad has it easier

That the beta nice guy would get the girl, wot a flipping retard I was

That anything really changes after high school.

That I was actually decent looking. This peaked around ~16/17, I used to legitimately believe that Im at worst a 6. It didnt matter that I couldnt take a single good picture, I was convinced somehow that Im better looking than most guys.

I also used to believe that I would get a gf in college.

I always believed I was the ugly, exceptional one in my appearance

"Looks don't matter." :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

That everything was going to be alright by the time I turn 30.