Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

What's your Favourite Anime?

Shounen: Naruto, Boku no hero

Drama/romance: Planetes, fat stay night

Seinen/action: Inuyashiki, AOT

Horror/thriller: yakusuko no neverland, another, erased, elfen lied

Historic/samurai: angolmois, hyouge mono

slice of life: bakuman

comedy: onizuka

Movies: grave of the fireflies

Gunbuster > Dragon Ball > Evangelion.

The first part of Dragon Ball (featuring Goku as a kid) was absolutely great and the beginning of DBZ was also very cool.

Evangelion had tons of potential, even more so than DBZ or Gunbuster, but they exaggerated way too much with the "too deep" and experimental aspects and ruined the last episodes/movie/rebuild. Had those been more down to Earth, it would have been the best anime ever hands down. It was superb up to episode 24.

The first part of Dragon Ball (featuring Goku as a kid) was absolutely great and the beginning of DBZ was also very cool.

Evangelion had tons of potential, even more so than DBZ or Gunbuster, but they exaggerated way too much with the "too deep" and experimental aspects and ruined the last episodes/movie/rebuild. Had those been more down to Earth, it would have been the best anime ever hands down. It was superb up to episode 24.
tbh the last few episodes of NGE were...something lol

i liked the end of evangelion the movie though ngl

tbh the last few episodes of NGE were...something lol

i liked the end of evangelion the movie though ngl
The first parts of the movie were good.
The idea of having SEELE invade NERV/man being the ultimate enemy of man (in the words of Fuyutsuki), even after all the super powerful angels had been defeated, was great, and Asuka's Battle against the EVA series was the greatest battle of the series hands down. But again, they decided to go with unorthodox experimental shit instead of tested and proved good endings. Asuka loses and gets wrecked in an unnecessarily gory way, the EVA series go join EVA 01 in that bizarre ritual, a lot of random scenes and scenarios going on and off... basically everything after Asuka's defeat was just a bunch of distasteful nonsense, at the very best something excessively experimental and 2dep4u.

Also, Shinji's choice wasn't nearly as grandiose as what Noriko had to choose doing at the end of Gunbuster.

Gunbuster, albeit a lot shorter, got pretty much everything Evangelion got wrong right, and the ending is a much more orthodox, bittersweet one, but hands down the best ending in the history of anime IMO.

I have two anime series I really like, Dragon Ball and Girls Und Panzer.

Other ones haven’t really stayed with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back