Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting Who else had extremely unreliable parents?

Randy Bull

Randy Bull

Sadcel
★★★
My parents really helped me to understand the fact that most people are just downright stupid, and only care about their immediate benefit.

One example is that they always made me do chores, with a promise of an allowance, but I literally never got any money. Everytime I'd ask for a reward for my labor they'd just make up some excuse like "I don't have any cash on me, I'll get it to you tomorrow." Because of this, I developed a horrible work ethic and a deep hatred for work (which is maybe a good thing, but bad if I can't get neetbux later on)

They also refused to let me drive for my permit, saying things like the rural roads are too dangerous because of deer, or it would be unsafe for me to drive with other family members in the car. Because of this, I'm unable to drive as an adult.

They almost never let me go to any houses of anyone, or attend birthday parties. They needed to do "background checks" on all of their parents, which 9/10 would always cause them to be creeped out and distance themselves from me. Along with my looks I blame this for losing all my friends after elementary school and never getting any others.

The lack of cash inflow to save up money over time and lack of ability to go places is going to be of huge detriment to me when they eventually kick me out and I have to spend insane amounts of money on basic housing. Their draconian restrictions left me unable to connect with any of my peers. I am and was completely fucked over thanks to my retarded parents.

This is of course compounded onto their bluepilled advice and their expectation for me to get a gf even though I'm a 3/10 whom everyone hates. And they've forced me to get therapy (a scam) thrice, all three times it didn't help and wasted my time, because they're too closed minded to think THEY might have been the reason why I'm so fucked up.

I'm sure a lot of you can relate.

I won't care about what my parents think while they're good towards me. I'd change my attitude if the opposite occured.

yeah but this doesn't get acknowledged much on this forum, it definitely has an effect

My parents really helped me to understand the fact that most people are just downright stupid, and only care about their immediate benefit.

One example is that they always made me do chores, with a promise of an allowance, but I literally never got any money. Everytime I'd ask for a reward for my labor they'd just make up some excuse like "I don't have any cash on me, I'll get it to you tomorrow." Because of this, I developed a horrible work ethic and a deep hatred for work (which is maybe a good thing, but bad if I can't get neetbux later on)

They also refused to let me drive for my permit, saying things like the rural roads are too dangerous because of deer, or it would be unsafe for me to drive with other family members in the car. Because of this, I'm unable to drive as an adult.

They almost never let me go to any houses of anyone, or attend birthday parties. They needed to do "background checks" on all of their parents, which 9/10 would always cause them to be creeped out and distance themselves from me. Along with my looks I blame this for losing all my friends after elementary school and never getting any others.

The lack of cash inflow to save up money over time and lack of ability to go places is going to be of huge detriment to me when they eventually kick me out and I have to spend insane amounts of money on basic housing. Their draconian restrictions left me unable to connect with any of my peers. I am and was completely fucked over thanks to my retarded parents.

This is of course compounded onto their bluepilled advice and their expectation for me to get a gf even though I'm a 3/10 whom everyone hates. And they've forced me to get therapy (a scam) thrice, all three times it didn't help and wasted my time, because they're too closed minded to think THEY might have been the reason why I'm so fucked up.

I'm sure a lot of you can relate.
Kill all helicopter parents

Yes, very true. My mother used to criticize my autistic behavior.

She would say "I was 'square' myself as a child, but your behavior is weird. You are w-e-i-r-d", "I'm embarrassed to have a son that 'does this'(Making fidgeting gestures)", "Please! I don't care about your anxiety. Do you want to live on the streets?"

As typical of femoids, she cannot listen to my problems without redirecting to her own problems.