Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

TeeHee "Why the bimbocore aesthetic is the path to weaponising the social performance of the ageing woman"

• Thread starter WorthlessSlavicShit
  • Start date
WorthlessSlavicShit

WorthlessSlavicShit

Overlord
★★★★★
The fucking state of journalism in 2023 LMAO:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:.

It was a search for the perfect velour tracksuit that put me on the path to #bimbocore.
OK.

Adherents describe it as “less thoughts, more vibes” and if you’d rather be hot than think
A perfect summation of the female mind and aspirations.

The trend-savvy do not have to tell me I have come to bimbocore very late. This is because I am 48 and these days 18 months passes like 10 minutes. At my age, life is hard and TikTok is irritating, so I mostly leave that platform alone.
I'm half that and life was always hard:feelsrope:. Also, TikTok is such a pure cancer that I only ever touch it when I watch videos posted here.

But I have also come to bimbocore with no small amount of jealousy and resentment, because learning the aesthetic exists to satirise the impossibility of meeting contemporary standards of femininity by aggressively performing them makes me desperate to embrace its slutty, pink resistance – and I can’t. Yes, I have the big hair, a requisite collection of shiny hoop earrings and enough shades of lipstick to credibly copy a Rothko painting.

Alas, I am more than uncomfortable in microskirts and a midriff top and the mere idea of platform shoes reminds me to call my physio. Wide-eyed pouting by the young registers as ironically Lolitaesque – but on a face like mine, it can only ever read as mockery.
k.

Older women paying attention have realised that the ambitious Nazi/anti-trans crossover events agitated for in US legislation come from wanting to rebrand women as mere vessels for patriarchal reproduction. If you think ageing female bodies maintain any social value in that calculus, you are wrong. Note the recent laws passed in Kansas restrict the definition of “female” to those still producing “ova”. If you are an infertile, childfree or menopausal woman, a cultural tradition of being made to feel unwomaned by these experiences is now no longer just a nasty social habit. It’s reality under Kansas law.

So what’s the appropriate aesthetic for the non-crop-top-compliant to express their resistance and refusal?

There have been attempts to define a #cronecore and #hagcore but last time I let my greys grow out and wore a flanno to the shops, the messaging conveyed was hardly subversive.
Holy fuck, just imagine having such simple and easy lives that you have the time to write irrelevant bullshit about more irrelevant bullshit like this:feelsUnreal::feelsUnreal:. I'm legit jealous tbh:feelsugh:.

The fucking state of journalism in 2023 LMAO:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:.

OK.

A perfect summation of the female mind and aspirations.

I'm half that and life was always hard:feelsrope:. Also, TikTok is such a pure cancer that I only ever touch it when I watch videos posted here.

k.

Holy fuck, just imagine having such simple and easy lives that you have the time to write irrelevant bullshit about more irrelevant bullshit like this:feelsUnreal::feelsUnreal:. I'm legit jealous tbh:feelsugh:.
Whorecore