Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR You ever thought about how high score doesn't matter anymore?

• Thread starter bigantennaemay1
  • Start date
bigantennaemay1

bigantennaemay1

Aspie social drifter without purpose or home
★★★★★
Video games used to have scores all the time and I think it was a much bigger deal back in the day, certainly on arcade machines, but even on home consoles. Now, you almost never see in-game score anymore, and when you do, it's either as an ironic joke, or you just don't notice it because it's tucked out of the way because nobody cares anymore.

I'm just surprised I never noticed how scores were phased out of gaming in general. Or am I just not playing the right games?

You're not playing the right kind of games in my opinion.

Real Time strategy genre is all about trying to get a high score at the end. I learned this the hard way when I went on to Teamspeak some years ago after playing 'Star craft 1' and told a friend my clicks per minute. (Something I didn't think was very important at the time) Upon hearing this, someone else on Teamspeak genuinely yelled at me "That's awful!" I then heard my friend type a secret message to him ((Probably something along the lines of, (Be nice to him, it's not his fault he's stupid.))

So yeah, that fateful day, I learned the importance of high scores in RTS genre and how it's what RTS players strive for. My terrible learning moment.

Last edited:

Real Time strategy genre is all about trying to get a high score at the end. I learned this the hard way when I went on to Teamspeak some years ago after playing 'Star craft 1' and told a friend my clicks per minute. (Something I didn't think was very important at the time) Upon hearing this, someone else on Teamspeak genuinely yelled at me "That's awful!" I then heard my friend type a secret message to him ((Probably something along the lines of, (Be nice to him, it's not his fault he's stupid.))

So yeah, that fateful day, I learned the importance of high scores in RTS genre and how it's what RTS players strive for. My terrible learning moment.
Well, that would explain it. I hate the RTS genre. :feelsjuice:

Wow! I love that game! I like version 2 as well.