Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

RageFuel I'm a bad coder - I just wanna cry and SMASH THINGS

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

INCEL DEATH SQUAD ACCELERATIONIST
★★★★★
My code worked, with modern CPUs they worked decently - even on production PC with tone of dataset. My senior kept bringing up I use too many loops and the "performance issues".

So I looked into the code analysis and my function, which was a combined function full of features, that would export all report types.

I looked at the code analysis feature of visual studio and shockingly that function had a maintainability index of 1 and super high cyclomatic complexity.

Why am I bad at everything I do? Man, that was after I was rejected by foids from Instagram.

There's people living happy lives, being socialable, blessed with good looks, and have friends and a support network, while being blessed with good memory (a very important skill in programming that ADHDcels like me get screwed over), and sometimes, they are all of these traits rolled into ONE PERSON.

For those of you, lurkers, who want me to rope - I won't. I'm a samurai by spirit, and bravery and honor, is what I value.

Should the worst of worst would to come, there is no telling for what I would do (to Fbi: the worst I would do is ranting on incel forums)

Last edited:
isn't that an easy problem to fix? just prepare the data in advance so you don't loop through it more than necessary

also when in a situation like this, benchmark performance before and after, and show your boss if you were right and the first solution had the same or better performance

isn't that an easy problem to fix? just prepare the data in advance so you don't loop through it more than necessary

also when in a situation like this, benchmark performance before and after, and show your boss if you were right and the first solution had the same or better performance
the problem is just how things are express.

I'm still need to asp.net

I opted to use dictionary and tuples as opposed to a list with objects and keys, because im not too familiar with list, dictionary was closest to how I always did things (using hashmap in java).

Also, in my old workplace we used shit tons of loops, and it's not really even that bad for performance.

functional.benchmark.png.webp

The java stream is over glorified forloop, similar with linq of c#. and I personally wrote the code while I was new, unfamiliar with lambda so

the problem is just how things are express.

I'm still need to asp.net

I opted to use dictionary and tuples as opposed to a list with objects and keys, because im not too familiar with list, dictionary was closest to how I always did things (using hashmap in java).

Also, in my old workplace we used shit tons of loops, and it's not really even that bad for performance.

functional.benchmark.png.webp

The java stream is over glorified forloop, similar with linq of c#. and I personally wrote the code while I was new, unfamiliar with lambda so
well the most simple course of action here is to copy the way they do things. see if you can get access to the code base and study it.

also what the fuck happened that foreach is now faster than for? i don't remember it being like that.

is it possible to code the lights to switch on a sequence and with fade in effect and switch off in sequence with fade out. what hardware is needed.

is it possible to code the lights to switch on a sequence and with fade in effect and switch off in sequence with fade out. what hardware is needed.
Yes and it's actually very simple to code this

But I don't know the hardware requirements

nothing new here

Just use the code analysis feature from now on I guess.

My code worked, with modern CPUs they worked decently - even on production PC with tone of dataset. My senior kept bringing up I use too many loops and the "performance issues".
You're probably doing loops within loops that make no sense. How well-versed are you in data structures and algorithms? Study on the weekends. You should be thinking about time and space complexity when deciding how to attack a problem. It's a very deep topic, but a little goes a long way.
So I looked into the code analysis and my function, which was a combined function full of features, that would export all report types.
Factor out your procedures. If you have to retrieve data from the DB, convert it to a certain format, combine it into a final result, then you should have 3 procedures that do each of those stages, and wrap them in a top-level function that calls those 3 in turn. That's how you end up writing beautiful code that reads like prose.
There's people living happy lives, being socialable, blessed with good looks, and have friends and a support network, while being blessed with good memory (a very important skill in programming that ADHDcels like me get screwed over), and sometimes, they are all of these traits rolled into ONE PERSON.
Memory is not needed. You're not supposed to memorize your library APIs and such. These things change over the years. I always have dozens of tabs of documentation open while I work. A huge part of the job is to become very efficient at searching and parsing documentation. I usually don't remember 80% of what I did after a work session.

Over for highcomplexitycels. Just grind LC problems and you'll get better at writing efficient code.