Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

A question about human reasoning

T

takurak

Banned
-
When people say stuff like "F that thought, grab it by its throat and put it in the fridge! " what part of the brain does one use to do that? 

My money would be on reason(frontal cortex).
Also for me thinking is rational thinking, like doing math for example, or making a informed decision based on writing down the us and downs of doing something, and also the ups and downs of not doing that something. Anxiety, panic and so on is not thinking. They are thoughts brought up to "us" our conscious self(reason) by our more primitive and emotive part of the brain.  This is what I truly don;t like about Buddhism the fact that they say we shouldn't think, or think as few as possible. But they don't make the case/distinction between rational/detached thinking and emotional panicking / worrying. 

So basically you have 2 approaches of achieving peace of mind/tranquility/eudaimonia/nirvana/ataraxia/whatever one wants to call it. 

1) Buddhist way - trying to "think" as few as possible(i quoted cause for me worrying/panicking and so on is not thinking) 
2) Stoic way - reason/think your way out of the troubling thoughts/emotions/passions like worry,panic,anxiety and so on  

How would you go on about it

Lol you have to use both ways dude.

just follow your breath at all times and rational decisions will come