Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel Anime becoming normie

>Anime becoming normie

Now it's like half the people in the 13-23 year old demographic watch anime, at least casually.

A lot of normies even watch anime that's not even mainstream. At this point the only anime that mostly incels watch are really obscure ones that don't even have an english dub.

This is my biggest deal here.I always here "anime was always mainstream" but thats only true for big name mainstream anime, hot topic toonami shit.

ironic "weeb" culture has gotten so popular with video games. Traditional incel shit like moe and cutesy highschool girl bullshit exploded big time. I always likened it to the inclusion of femoids and legit-homosexuals into the community. A lot of it has to do with how well anime is used to cater to LGBT fetishes. You can't go anywhere on the chans these days without seeing shotacon and trap-shota spammed everywhere.

It's over. I'm thinking about getting back into anime after a good 5 year dry spell, but I'll just stick to "manime" and OVAs/artsy stuff and be an elitist.

You can't go anywhere on the chans these days without seeing shotacon and trap-shota spammed everywhere.

I first started using 4chan (/b/) back in 2006 and shotacon, traps and futanari were popular on there even back then.

I always likened it to the inclusion of femoids and legit-homosexuals into the community. A lot of it has to do with how well anime is used to cater to LGBT fetishes.

Meh, what someone is attracted to in anime might not even reflect what they're attracted to in real life.

In most anime there is very little facial sexual dimorphism. Both male and female characters have small noses, no brow ridge, compact faces, V shaped mandibles and big eyes...all feminine features. Male anime characters also very rarely have facial hair (unless they're old men) and body hair. The only gender cues that are physically apparent in a lot of anime are the clothes, breasts, eyebrows and sometimes hair. Half of all male anime characters could be made fully female just by giving them longer hair, breasts and thinner, higher eyebrows.

So it's entirely possible for a man to like traps and sometimes even downright yaoi in anime while still having zero attraction to men in real life...because in real life men look like men. Even especially feminine looking men in real life are nowhere near as pretty as any given bishonen.

There are most probably ln/wns that portrays the protagonist as your vision of 'realist' but you don't seem to like reading and I don't blame you I used to dislike reading them (because where's the pictures?!) until I found a manga adaptation that interested me that lead me reading the source itself and the rest is history I also read ln/wns that is chinese or korean

There are most probably ln/wns that portrays the protagonist as your vision of 'realist' but you don't seem to like reading and I don't blame you I used to dislike reading them (because where's the pictures?!) until I found a manga adaptation that interested me that lead me reading the source itself and the rest is history I also read ln/wns that is chinese or korean
I'm just too lazy to read, and it takes up more time.

Have you watched fate/zero yet, protagonist is what you just described, although he is still a hero and all and wants peace his methods are ruthless

Lol I remember seeing him, but I literally can't even remember that specific one, or the plot, because its all the same.

Seen most of the fates, but to be honest the series seems annoying and pointless to me, its like come up with a new fucking idea, there's always a damn grail war, there are repeat characters in like 3 separate ones so I can't fucking keep track of what takes place when in which alternate reality, a lot of the characters to be honest are uninteresting and I care nothing about what happens to them, the last one I watched (Apocrypha I think) I only watched because I ran out of anime.

I literally only watched these series because there was nothing else to watch, the best one I watched was the first one with the orange haired kid, best thing about the series is the mantra the sword guy says when summoning his reality marble (which I found out is actually the orange haired kid years later, some time skip alternate reality fuckery taking place here).

See I don't even know the names nor care to know, after a while it literally felt like I was watching the same show over and over, when you make a series so repetative, with rehashed characters, and basically the same plot, its no wonder its a niche series, that most people only watch the high qualitiy animations, thats the best thing the fate series has going for it, really really good animation quality.

I started off liking fate, and after watching the same shit on repeat over and over I grew to hate the series, can't remember any of the character names. Let me tell you the plot of the next fate/<insert shit here> ........... A FUCKING HOLY GRAIL WAR, guess what the end result is NOBODY REALLY GETS THEIR WISH GRANTED (WHETHER THEY OBTAIN THE GRAIL OR NOT).

I doubt I'm watching the next one that comes out, unless I really run out of shit to watch, but I'm watching TV series these days and there's a long list I haven't seen so I doubt it.

Lol I remember seeing him, but I literally can't even remember that specific one, or the plot, because its all the same.

Seen most of the fates, but to be honest the series seems annoying and pointless to me, its like come up with a new fucking idea, there's always a damn grail war, there are repeat characters in like 3 separate ones so I can't fucking keep track of what takes place when in which alternate reality, a lot of the characters to be honest are uninteresting and I care nothing about what happens to them, the last one I watched (Apocrypha I think) I only watched because I ran out of anime.

I literally only watched these series because there was nothing else to watch, the best one I watched was the first one with the orange haired kid, best thing about the series is the mantra the sword guy says when summoning his reality marble (which I found out is actually the orange haired kid years later, some time skip alternate reality fuckery taking place here).

See I don't even know the names nor care to know, after a while it literally felt like I was watching the same show over and over, when you make a series so repetative, with rehashed characters, and basically the same plot, its no wonder its a niche series, that most people only watch the high qualitiy animations, thats the best thing the fate series has going for it, really really good animation quality.

I started off liking fate, and after watching the same shit on repeat over and over I grew to hate the series, can't remember any of the character names. Let me tell you the plot of the next fate/<insert shit here> ........... A FUCKING HOLY GRAIL WAR, guess what the end result is NOBODY REALLY GETS THEIR WISH GRANTED (WHETHER THEY OBTAIN THE GRAIL OR NOT).

I doubt I'm watching the next one that comes out, unless I really run out of shit to watch, but I'm watching TV series these days and there's a long list I haven't seen so I doubt it.
Well the series is weird I guess. Pretty much only fate/zero and fate/stay night are the only good ones. While everything else is shit. Yeah apocrypha was a horrible mess even the manga was uninteresting. Most people like the series because of saber I enjoyed mostly because of the reality marble.

Reading is just really boring and pointless though, and by that I mean reading novels, I have no problem reading to attain knowledge because there's an intended goal, but I don't care to pointlessly fill my brain up with the words of some random non-existent world, it takes up too much time, and the result is that you've achieved nothing. To be honest its just an outdated form of entertainment, it doesn't even stimulate your brain as much as music, and definitely not as much as a video (Visual and Auditory stimulation).

Walking is an outdated form of Transportation
Reading
is an outdated form of Entertainment

Reading for Knowledge for me is like Walking to stay Healthy (only when necessary, to achieve a specific goal)

Reading for Entertainment for me is like Walking as a means of Transportation (its just plain outdated, time consuming and pointless, there are more efficient modes of transportation out there, just like there are more stimulating forms of entertainment out there)

If the goal is entertainment, there is literally no point in reading, its going to feel like trying to "force your brain to have fun".Its a drag.

>Inb4 "muh imagination is fun, you should try it"

Well all do that, almost every single night, see there's these things call dreams, that are not only more fun than reading and imagining a predetermined story, but YOU ACTUALLY GET TO TAKE PART IN THE STORY. How the hell can the predetermined imaginations drummed up by a book compare to that, it just can't. I've had day dreams more entertaining than the story I'd likely find in any book, reading just isn't going to be stimulating enough, especially not in the age where one can walk into a cinema (or pirate the movie lol) and have all of their primary senses stimulated to the nth degree (high sound quality, visual quality, tasty food while watching, etc).

I get that some people like reading, but to this day I don't know why.

Last edited:
I first started using 4chan (/b/) back in 2006 and shotacon, traps and futanari were popular on there even back then.

Meh, what someone is attracted to in anime might not even reflect what they're attracted to in real life.

In most anime there is very little facial sexual dimorphism. Both male and female characters have small noses, no brow ridge, compact faces, V shaped mandibles and big eyes...all feminine features. Male anime characters also very rarely have facial hair (unless they're old men) and body hair. The only gender cues that are physically apparent in a lot of anime are the clothes, breasts, eyebrows and sometimes hair. Half of all male anime characters could be made fully female just by giving them longer hair, breasts and thinner, higher eyebrows.

So it's entirely possible for a man to like traps and sometimes even downright yaoi in anime while still having zero attraction to men in real life...because in real life men look like men. Even especially feminine looking men in real life are nowhere near as pretty as any given bishonen.

no matter how girly their faces are, guys are still usually otter shredded most of the time. And even then, the "little sexual dimorphism" really only applies to hot topic anime club bullshit and not actual anime.

I get that some people like reading, but to this day I don't know why.
You actually answered it on your post, it's imagination. When reading novel I like to imagine my own scenario of the text I am reading or how the characters look when described in the novel to my own liking (because official manga art or canon art sometimes sucks) and that also fuels my entertainment.

I still don't like reading in general. If you ask me would I read Star Trek, Green Mile novel, etc? No. Only LN/WN (JP,CN,KR) because of the anime/manga elements.

You actually answered it on your post, it's imagination.

No I didn't, I literally explained why I didn't, you can imagine way more amazing things randomly than what you'd get by making yourself imagine a predetermined script, so if I have to be entertained by something predetermined I might as well let the entertainment "do the work for me" than me having "to do the work myself", which is why dreams are way more entertaining than reading, literally everything I said is a point at why reading for entertainment is waste of time.

I like how I said inb4 "muh imagination" and you do exactly that.

No I didn't, I literally explained why I didn't, you can imagine way more amazing things randomly than what you'd get by making yourself imagine a predetermined script, so if I have to be entertained by something predetermined I might as well let the entertainment "do the work for me" than me having "to do the work myself", which is why dreams are way more entertaining than reading, literally everything I said is a point at why reading for entertainment is waste of time.

I like how I said inb4 "muh imagination" and you do exactly that.
OK semantics I guess, you 'answered' it in your post but you can't understand it and I tried to explain it to you but you still don't understand.
I won't force you, I can see you have this stubborn impenetrable steel that you aren't 'entertained' in reading. But 'reading' incels forum can also be a form of entertainment huh?

But 'reading' incels forum can also be a form of entertainment huh?

False comparison, really grasping for straws here, Its not a novel, I don't imagine how the posters look because the entire point of this is anonymity, I don't have to imagine their personalities because they are already on display, this is real life, I'm not imagining talking to you, I'm talking to you right now.

Oh and key part of why I said dreams are more entertaining..... YOU ACTUALLY GET TO TAKE PART IN THE STORY. I'm not just some random bystander observing everything pass me by.

YOU ACTUALLY GET TO TAKE PART IN THE STORY
I imagine myself taking part in the story or as the protagonist self insert while reading and that's entertaining to me

I imagine myself taking part in the story or as the protagonist self insert while reading and that's entertaining to me

So reading is just your cope then lol, should have said that from the start

A few years ago, I overheard some of my normie co-workers discussing their favorite anime shows. I could only shake my head in disgust!

A few years ago, I overheard some of my normie co-workers discussing their favorite anime shows. I could only shake my head in disgust!
What shows? What profession?

@ASS_F Do you change your mind?

I fucking despise anime so that's fine with me

I remember like 5-6 years ago getting roasted by everyone for watching anime smfh

@ASS_F Do you change your mind?
About what? I agree that anime is way more normie than it once was.

I wasn't even into anime until like two years ago. And didn't watch subbed consistently until months ago (tho sometimes I'll watch a dub out of curiosity). I'm still not some super weeaboo (currently watching Darling in the Franxx and Boku no Hero Academia atm, waiting for FLCL to return; need to catch up on Pop Team Epic and continue JJBA Part 4).

It's still not the most normie interest at all. You'll still be mocked for it. Chads mostly don't like it. Stacys don't like it at all.

Last edited:
About what? I agree that anime is way more normie than it once was.

I wasn't even into anime until like two years ago. And didn't watch subbed consistently until months ago (tho sometimes I'll watch a dub out of curiosity). I'm still not some super weeaboo (currently watching Darling in the Franxx and Boku no Hero Academia atm, waiting for FLCL to return; need to catch up on Pop Team Epic and continue JJBA Part 4).

It's still not the most normie interest at all. You'll still be mocked for it. Chads mostly don't like it. Stacys don't like it at all.
I agree. I'm a recent fan too. The first one I watched was Your Lie in April on Netflix (2015), because I was curious.

I'm not even into anime, but it pisses me off too. Today, nerds will look down on you for not having nerdy interests

I'm fine with more people getting into anime as long as that means good shows will still get made and they wont all be trash
It's slightly annoying to overhear Chad and Stacy talking about how big of weebs they are while I rot alone but it's whatever

Also I don't care about pewdiepie's opinion on anything.
South Park might have invited him on for an episode
Idubbz/h3h3 might like him
But that doesn't mean I have to give a shit or find him interesting

Anime LDARing over the Summer. Can't wait.